General General forums for the GTR community.

Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:40 AM
GTR Member

I agree that, in this case, you cannot blame the dealers. The hype on this car is soooo great and the production by Nissan soooo low, that it would be absolutely nuts for a dealer to sell at MSRP. I'm still VERRRRYYY skeptical about folks on this site and others claiming that they have an "agreement" to get one at MSRP at this point. There is no rational for a dealer to part with a GT-R anywhere near MSRP for the near future.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:57 PM

I'm wondering how long the premium will last.... hopefully not long..... I'm looking to move from an E55 to the GTR....
Old 04-03-2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by NERDJustBNME
I work for a Nissan dealership (Hall/Mile One) in Chesapeake, Virginia. Each store will be allocated GT-R's based on their Z sales. In my case my store will only get 2 GT-R's. Yesterday I was able to successfully take an order for a GT-R. He agreed to pay $20K over sticker and put down $10K in the form of a non-refundable deposit. I've never had a client so serious about buying a vehicle in my 6.5 year career as a sales consultant. I've taken pride in trying to know everything about the GT-R before it's release as well. There won't be too many dealers selling the GT-R at MSRP. If they tell you they are then be wary of them doing a silent auction closer towards it's relase date. Just thought you would like that helpful information.
I spoke with this local dealer this morning. I won't be doing any business with them anytime soon . Over MSRP is not for me . I've purchased several quote supercars and every deal has been at MSRP. It retains business and insures customer satisfaction . Which in the long run is the relationship i want to build with my customers. More power to them if they can get away with it but it will have it 's price in the long run.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:41 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by gundamz
Just got off the phone with a dealer. I am 3rd on the list and he said the dealer will sell it for MSRP. I will update when I hear more.

- GundamZ
I think they will jack up your price before all well and done with
Old 04-18-2008, 04:22 PM

delray nissan

Just got mine orderd today at Marone nissan of delray - they gave me no definate answer to when its coming they just promised "before the end of the year" I paid 10k over Im number 5/7 so to spots in. say sean sent ya
Old 04-22-2008, 05:36 AM

Ordering GTR today

If I can het a secure contract with an escape clause if the car is not delivered in January 2009

10K over MSRP 5K deposit. Is this a good deal?

As I have not done this before and I doubt the Nissan dealer either, any advice is welcome.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:41 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
If I can het a secure contract with an escape clause if the car is not delivered in January 2009

10K over MSRP 5K deposit. Is this a good deal?

As I have not done this before and I doubt the Nissan dealer either, any advice is welcome.
Yes, that's a good deal! Most dealers won't do an escape clause but if you can get a dealer in FL to do that then do it. If they won't do it my dealership will....lol
Old 04-23-2008, 12:38 AM

Anyone in the Bay Area, California getting anything near MSRP? I've had quotes of 15,20, and 30k over MSRP.

Andy
Old 04-25-2008, 05:32 AM

A friend of mine just ordered in in Europe, where he lives.

No one would ever charge over MSRP! I think it has to do with the laws there.
Nissan allows dealers to make a quick buck at the cost of the buyer who will have to write the +MSRP off as soon as they are building more andthey will build more.

If anyone knows a dealer who will accept a deposit at guaranteed MSRP for a Spec-V let me know.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:45 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by AndyN
Anyone in the Bay Area, California getting anything near MSRP? I've had quotes of 15,20, and 30k over MSRP.

Andy

I live in Fremont too. I tried a few dealerships. Once I got quotes of $60-$30K over MSRP, I told myself that reasonably I need to sit it out a year, at least. In the Bay Area, as I'm sure you know, there are a lot of people running around with tons of disposable cash.

Quick Reply: Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.