General General forums for the GTR community.

Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 07:45 AM

Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing a GTR at MSRP near Austin, TX. My situation has changed and I can no longer purchase the GTR that I have reserved and is due in August 8th. It is a GT-R premium with black leather in Gun Metallic.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:57 PM

PM sent.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:42 PM

If we all are pissed at the dealers and their mark-ups, there is one thing you can do to hurt them: do not buy what they are selling. The hype will go away, people who dont care about the money will get their GTR's, there will be something new and exiting on the market. If you can live without this car (and you could before)-just dont buy it now. I here people telling about calling all Nissan dealerships in the region/state. That creates more hype. Those dealers just drooling about mark-ups after getting gazillion calls a day. I propose the movement: NO DEALER GETS ANYTHING OVER MSRP.

But if this car is something you would die for--than stop b****ing and go and buy it.

Last edited by m3man; 07-14-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Banned

Im game. w/ the no dealer over msrp.

does anyone happen to know how many GTR's are actually going to be produced the first production year?
Old 07-16-2008, 02:00 PM

Many of you say: "lets wait for spec v".

Do you guys really think you'll be able to lay your hands on Spec V? I don't think so unles you are ready to pay same or more than the price of 911 GT2. The dealer situation will be way worse than regular GTR. The rumor has it that in Japan, where they can not charge over MSRP, they put people on the list for what they say is 50% non-refundable deposit (they want 75 mil yen, so the price is 130 mil yen, about $ 130k). Add to it US dealers markups, you got the picture. The number of cars that will get to US will be probably lower than number of ZR1's, and 1st official ZR1 was sold for $1 mil on the auction.
Why do you want this car anyway? Are you guys all really hard-core car racers? This car (spec v) will be terrible on the street, Have you driven 911 GT3?, it's pretty damn painfull on the street. So only reason I can see to buy it is to track it all the time or even race competitevly. Or add to you multimillion dollar car collection and keep in the garage.

Please let me know why are you guys waiting for this car and how much are you willing to pay for it
Old 07-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Banned

because i can.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by erfhawk
Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing a GTR at MSRP near Austin, TX. My situation has changed and I can no longer purchase the GTR that I have reserved and is due in August 8th. It is a GT-R premium with black leather in Gun Metallic.
very interested - but prolly too late???
Old 08-14-2008, 11:41 AM

This thread just about died. Anyone know of cars out there that are not spoken for? It seems that the list is growing longer with dealers at $30k+ sticker. I hope that they enjoy having those cars in thow showroom this winter. Its not like a Viper or other halo car that brings people in the door. Very few even know what it is.

Or maybe they are bitter with all of those left over 07 Muranos. Brilliant strategy there.

Last edited by Vitamin_J; 08-14-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:30 PM
GTR Member

I'm still searching for at msrp! I want the gunmetal metallic with gunmetal colored rims with preimum edition, cold weather package and ipod adapter along with floor mats.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:32 PM
GTR Senior Member

Cold weather package comes with the brighter silver rims but without the cold weather package you get the darker color which look better IMO.

Quick Reply: Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.