General General forums for the GTR community.

Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 08:25 PM

Dont you guys understand what you are doing by calling around the country, calling dealerships like crazy?

YOUR building the frenzy yourselves.

When these dealerships get calls from people on the other side of the country, they know you are desperately seeking a car.

Just think, when was the last time someone called a Nissan dealership from another state, or even a G35 ! NEVER ! Let alone anyone making calls to 15, or even 40 dealerships!

And, for every 40 of you guys that say you wont pay over msrp, theres going to be a few who give in and pay over..

This is a capitalist society, and the frenzy the public is making, the limited number of cars Nissan is producing, and the money hungry bastards that are known as dealerships are forcing the price higher and higher.

Now dont get me wrong, Ill be in the market for one as well, and I wouldnt want to pay over msrp either, but I dont want to wait and buy one 1-2 years from now when the price finally settles either.

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve
Im with you there on that.

I refuse to pay mark up for any car. Even if it has been discontinued for several years.
My friend who has a 1998 skyline that is fully modified is a rich. His name is Daniel Suh. You can google him if you want. I am doing the shopping for myself and him. He will not pay a penny over mark up and neither will I. we are both smarter shoppers and will wait for the demand to go down and prices to drop like they did on the EVO. I have told every dealer i have spoke to that " if they give me the car for sticker price i am basically purchasing 2. My friend is looking for one and so am I. My friend will buy the car full cash and i will finance." ... these dealers are so stuck up they think they can sell these cars for 20-30k mark up and will try to. I have told every dealer that when you get this car in your lot you call me i will be there the same day to buy pick up 2. One full Cash and one finance, And thats like a joke to them now. If you had told any other dealer that for any other car they would have kissed your *** asked if you wanted a ride to the dealer and probably have gone under MSRP a bit.

I think i will also wait to see how this goes and will send in my complaints as well because this is not customer service. This is raping people in the *** for a quick buck. maybe My friend and i should just go get 911 turbo's . im sure they will treat us better and give us better deals this these Nissan dealers who all of a sudden think they are cool cause japan gave them Some GT-R's they know nothing about. While car fanatics like us have been waiting years and years to get our hands on one and have known about GT-R's for over 10+ years.

All i know is .. i will get mine sticker price. Even if i have to take my business out of LA. If LA wants to rape us... I say let them go screw themselves . We will give our business to dealers who actually have had nice cars in their inventory and not dealers who all of a sudden got a nice car and think they are the ****.

Thanks

Art
Old 02-23-2008, 11:58 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by modernceo
I guarantee no dealership is going to mark the car up 30k. If they do, its only because they really want to get 10-15k over, and are going to lower the markup with serious customers that walk in.

And, this car is NOT going to be mass produced. Any high demand/high interest car thats limited production like this will have a markup because there arent dozens sitting on dealership lots. Ill be suprised if any dealership in the USA will actually have the GTR sitting on their lot waiting around, most will probably be presold by the time they arrive.

With the buzz coming with this car and the amount of disposable income in some parts of the country, dealers will be guaranteed to score a huge markup (at least in the first year). I mean, who among us wouldn't want to be one of the first persons on the block to own one??? Folks with the cash will be able to live out those fantasies.

I also agree that it won't be mass-produced, but 1500 as a yearly allotment to the US??"? Is that the max???? Time will tell. Seems odd to limit the numbers that much when Nissan could easily sell 5 times that amount.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:38 PM
GTR Member

hey modernceo ... You really have not done this before have you?

Leave the purchasing of these cars to the professionals... because i already found sticker price at 2 dealers and have the paperwork at my house. SO dont think dealers wont sell sticker price. I already told you.. I ran into this 3 years ago with my Evo MR and got it the first day at MSRP. and i am already in the process of ordering my GTR at MSRP
Old 02-24-2008, 05:19 PM

Sorry modernceo, but if you don't have the ambition to go out and find one at MSRP, sorry. Some of us do. Building the frenzy or not, I don't really care since it saved me $$. You could have one at MSRP too if you were willing to "build the frenzy".
Old 02-24-2008, 10:30 PM

Not done this before ? Your completely wrong.

Ive bought three cars that were in very high demand, and the first known vehicles in Texas.

I was afraid in my writeup that some of you could think that im siding with the stealerships. Im not.

I havent called any dealers, so I cant say wether local dealerships will sell at msrp or not. If they will, hey, that will only make me so much happier, and frankly, a much easier purchase as I wont feel so bad for paying more than msrp.

Congrats on your finds, I hope I can do the same.

hey modernceo ... You really have not done this before have you?

Leave the purchasing of these cars to the professionals... because i already found sticker price at 2 dealers and have the paperwork at my house. SO dont think dealers wont sell sticker price. I already told you.. I ran into this 3 years ago with my Evo MR and got it the first day at MSRP. and i am already in the process of ordering my GTR at MSRP
Old 02-24-2008, 10:34 PM

You also took my post wrong.
Who wants to pay more than msrp, I surely dont.
I was just saying, that if dealers know people are desperate to buy, that it will create even more of a frenzy, and increase the so called "market price adjustment".

Summary
Dont want to pay anything over msrp
Hate stealerships who use the market price adjustment just as much of any of you

Originally Posted by sentrazac
Sorry modernceo, but if you don't have the ambition to go out and find one at MSRP, sorry. Some of us do. Building the frenzy or not, I don't really care since it saved me $$. You could have one at MSRP too if you were willing to "build the frenzy".
Old 03-04-2008, 06:59 AM
GTRForums Staff

Little tip we just found out. Look for Carmax Nissan Dealers. Apparently Carmax will not sell over or even at MSRP. This held true for at least one we called, but they were all filled up.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:35 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
Little tip we just found out. Look for Carmax Nissan Dealers. Apparently Carmax will not sell over or even at MSRP. This held true for at least one we called, but they were all filled up.
Carmax has always been like that. With some vehicles they START at invoice price then deduct any applicable factory and dealer incentives. Of course the GT-R will never have a rebate...lol. But, for them to tell you that they are willing to sell the GT-R for MSRP you all may want to hurry up and put in your order(s)....because every other dealer is absolutely going to make a profit of 10K or higher. All of the dealers in our (Virginia, Tidewater area) are asking for 20K over as a minimum with a non-refundable deposit just to be on the list. I've heard that Carmax does the absolute minimum to the car. There is no dealer-prep you get a state inspection and you ride...that's all! Sounds like a good deal to me....
Old 03-06-2008, 11:16 AM
GTR Member

I just ordered my GTR and sent in my Deposit for MSRP. They sent me a credit application and a Purchase order for the car i wanted and expected arrival date according to the manager was may - june. I was in the Process of ordering mine from Baton Rogue LA for 5 Over MSRP but found a dealership selling at sticker. I was one day too late and they sold the last one at sticker to someone who said they would pay cash.Luckily while my GF was helping me find a dealer locally that still had one close to MSRP.. she found one RIGHT here in Cali that is selling it at sticker price and my friend and i got the last ones from the dealership!

Sticker price is possible guys, You just gotta dedicate some time towards it and have some people skills to pull it off.

One thing these Cali dealers dont understand about jacking up the price 20-30k is that everyone will buy the cars out of state like 2 of my friends did and i almost did. Once they buy it out of state they will bring to their local dealers to fix their cars and service it. So out of state dealers dont really even need the equipment to service the vehicle IMO. they can sell them for sticker to people like me and we will bring it back to our local dealers and put some wear and tear on their equipment.

Thumbs up To sticker pRICE!
Old 03-06-2008, 04:46 PM
GTR Member

I just ordered my GTR and sent in my Deposit for MSRP. They sent me a credit application and a Purchase order for the car i wanted and expected arrival date according to the manager was may - june. I was in the Process of ordering mine from Baton Rogue LA for 5 Over MSRP but found a dealership selling at sticker. I was one day too late and they sold the last one at sticker to someone who said they would pay cash.Luckily while my GF was helping me find a dealer locally that still had one close to MSRP.. she found one RIGHT here in Cali that is selling it at sticker price and my friend and i got the last ones from the dealership!

Sticker price is possible guys, You just gotta dedicate some time towards it and have some people skills to pull it off.

One thing these Cali dealers dont understand about jacking up the price 20-30k is that everyone will buy the cars out of state like 2 of my friends did and i almost did. Once they buy it out of state they will bring to their local dealers to fix their cars and service it. So out of state dealers dont really even need the equipment to service the vehicle IMO. they can sell them for sticker to people like me and we will bring it back to our local dealers and put some wear and tear on their equipment.

Thumbs up To sticker pRICE!
Would you mind sharing this new found knowledge? I'm sure someone looking for a car would appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.