General General forums for the GTR community.

Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 08:16 AM
GTRForums Staff

Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.

List any dealers taking orders at or close to MSRP. Also, if you represent a dealer that is selling at msrp, please PM me and we will add you to the list

*NOTE* This list may not get populated for a while as probably most dealers will be charging large markups. As soon as prices get more reasonable, this will list dealers selling at or very close to MSRP

1) Feldmann Imports, Bloomington, MN - Took order at MSRP
2) Bill Hood, LA - $10k over. Still a bit, but on the better end of the spectrum
3) Royal Nissan, LA - "reasonable offers over msrp"

Last edited by CharlesJ; 02-18-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:35 AM

Just got off the phone with a dealer. I am 3rd on the list and he said the dealer will sell it for MSRP. I will update when I hear more.

- GundamZ
Old 11-21-2007, 02:41 PM
GTR Member

Congrats! Are they making the commitment to carry the car?
Old 11-22-2007, 11:46 AM

Commitment is a very big word for car dealer. He said he will update me when they know more about the timeframe and options. But when I asked about if they are planning to makeup the price, the sell manager said no. Then again, when corporate gives them the order to sell as high as they can, I am certain to wait.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:54 PM
GTRForums Staff

Originally Posted by gundamz
Just got off the phone with a dealer. I am 3rd on the list and he said the dealer will sell it for MSRP. I will update when I hear more.

- GundamZ
Lock it in and then post the dealer name and location
Old 11-29-2007, 02:09 AM
GTR Member

Yeah, let us know so far my nissan dealer in my city is telling me 2995 or msrp. I'll know more when time passes.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:08 AM
GTR Member

I work for a Nissan dealership (Hall/Mile One) in Chesapeake, Virginia. Each store will be allocated GT-R's based on their Z sales. In my case my store will only get 2 GT-R's. Yesterday I was able to successfully take an order for a GT-R. He agreed to pay $20K over sticker and put down $10K in the form of a non-refundable deposit. I've never had a client so serious about buying a vehicle in my 6.5 year career as a sales consultant. I've taken pride in trying to know everything about the GT-R before it's release as well. There won't be too many dealers selling the GT-R at MSRP. If they tell you they are then be wary of them doing a silent auction closer towards it's relase date. Just thought you would like that helpful information.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:45 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by NERDJustBNME
I work for a Nissan dealership (Hall/Mile One) in Chesapeake, Virginia. Each store will be allocated GT-R's based on their Z sales. In my case my store will only get 2 GT-R's. Yesterday I was able to successfully take an order for a GT-R. He agreed to pay $20K over sticker and put down $10K in the form of a non-refundable deposit. I've never had a client so serious about buying a vehicle in my 6.5 year career as a sales consultant. I've taken pride in trying to know everything about the GT-R before it's release as well. There won't be too many dealers selling the GT-R at MSRP. If they tell you they are then be wary of them doing a silent auction closer towards it's relase date. Just thought you would like that helpful information.
Congrats and thanks for sharing.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:04 AM
spt
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by NERDJustBNME

That is simply ridiculous. I have a feeling that Nissan won't stick by their 1500 cars per year limit because with the cost of R&D and everything else that has gone into this car, they would probably want to make their money back. I also think that once the hype dies down the prices will be back to normal. It has happened with the Evo, M5, and Exige/Elise and I believe it will happen with the GTR. Dealers will realize that there will only be a selective few who will be able to fork over the cash to pay for the outrageous mark ups. Once that group has bought their cars, dealer inventory will start to grow and will soon figure out that not everyone will pay for the markups. Eventually you will see each dealer competing to sell the car at a lower price (like msrp).

I could be wrong about this but I really do believe history will repeat itself.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:08 AM
GTRForums Staff

Back on track, please only post dealers selling at or extremely close to MSRP. This may not happen for the first round, but it will eventually

Quick Reply: Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.