General General forums for the GTR community.

Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:50 AM

I called Nissan Consumer Affairs today and was told they couldn't enforce dealer pricing. I informed them of the article which quoted their spokesman and it was documented in the complaint I made. It doesn't look like any action will be taken based on what I heard.
I will probably hold off ordering until I can find a car for MSRP or go back to another Porsche.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:25 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 996twint
I will probably hold off ordering until I can find a car for MSRP or go back to another Porsche.

My deepest sympathies......
Old 02-18-2008, 11:31 AM
GTR Member

haha hopefully it will be at that price by the end of the year... ill pray to the GT-R gods to help us out.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:38 PM

I have a signed contract

Greetings,

I am happy to report I have a signed contract for the 1st allocation at a dealer at 4500 over MSRP for a Premium Edition: Gun Metallic, Black Leather with Floormats and Ipod. 10K deposit car should be here in mid June.

I tried to find one at straight MSRP but no luck....4500 doesn't seem too bad considering some of the prices I have seen.

also I found the Japanese website where you can find the color options etc.

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/GT-R/R35/0710/

you have to click around to find all the goodies if you don't speak Japanese....which I don't.

Enjoy!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:18 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by ROYALNISSAN.KYLEVERLANDER
Royal Nissan Baton Rouge, LA. We currently have 5 GTR's available for pre sale. We are accepting any reasonable offers over MSRP. While other dealers are price gauging, (10k -30k) over,we are just trying to roll these units out.

I am in the Process of purchasing from this dealer. Their customer service was 100 times better then the service i got Here in Glendale. My dealer wants 20k-30k mark up as of now and Royal Nissan gave me a really good price. I will be sending in my 5k deposit this week to get the ball rolling. Id rather purchase a car from a dealer that is 1800 miles away then buy a car from So Cal where they are trying to rip people off. I will buy it from Louisiana drive it back 1800 miles and make my local dealer do all the repairs.. they want to play games?

so let them repair my car. Their loss my Gain. Try to rip people off and your local people will go far away to buy it and bring it back to you for repairs.

Karma sucks don't it?
Old 02-19-2008, 12:29 AM
GTR Member

Last edited by GTRNate; 03-31-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:56 PM

Exclamation

I placed a order with the same dealer below...VERY GOOD PRICE at minimal markup..
Royal Nissan is very easy to deal with, and no BS. Glad to see a honest Nissan dealer.
Wish You could find them in CT.Here in CT 20K-40K markups...-(
I ordered a Gun metal with grey interior..:-)

Looks like a trip to Louisiana for me in June..

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve
I am in the Process of purchasing from this dealer. Their customer service was 100 times better then the service i got Here in Glendale. My dealer wants 20k-30k mark up as of now and Royal Nissan gave me a really good price. I will be sending in my 5k deposit this week to get the ball rolling. Id rather purchase a car from a dealer that is 1800 miles away then buy a car from So Cal where they are trying to rip people off. I will buy it from Louisiana drive it back 1800 miles and make my local dealer do all the repairs.. they want to play games?

so let them repair my car. Their loss my Gain. Try to rip people off and your local people will go far away to buy it and bring it back to you for repairs.

Karma sucks don't it?
Old 02-20-2008, 10:47 AM
GTR Member

I guess ya'll who are willing to drive all the way from Louisiana deserve first dibs...congrats
Old 02-20-2008, 05:44 PM
GTR Member

Royal Nissan

Monkey see monkey do i suppose. I am placing an order with Royal Nissan in Baton Rouge as well. Premium package with all the options, gun metallic with black leather interior. I agree with the other two that ordered with them, very honest and straight to the point in customer service. Looks like a big summer for me
Old 02-23-2008, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by rastmp
The only thing that upsets me is the fact that some dealers really go so far in marking up this car that it loses its intended purpose of why Nissan made this car in the first place. It also tells me that they are willing to take advantage of people that don't know any better. A $10,000 markup is pretty reasonable on a car like this but I believe the real issues are with the ones charging $30k +. With a markup that high you are basically paying the same as you would have if you wanted a GT3 which wasn't in Nissan's plans to do so. I think the dealers charging the outrageous markups now are only hurting themselves in the long run. Eventually they will realize these cars are mass produced and if they get labeled as people charging big markups it will be difficult to change that image. It would probably mean they will have to discount the heck out of them which won't be good for existing owners and other dealers.

I think it would be a great idea to produce a sticky list of 'Super markup greedy dealers', so that we can avoid doing business with them....when prices come down to MSRP..
Just a thought...?
I guarantee no dealership is going to mark the car up 30k. If they do, its only because they really want to get 10-15k over, and are going to lower the markup with serious customers that walk in.

And, this car is NOT going to be mass produced. Any high demand/high interest car thats limited production like this will have a markup because there arent dozens sitting on dealership lots. Ill be suprised if any dealership in the USA will actually have the GTR sitting on their lot waiting around, most will probably be presold by the time they arrive.

Last edited by modernceo; 02-23-2008 at 08:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.