General General forums for the GTR community.

Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 12:31 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by spt
I rather just list the dealers that are selling the cars at a reasonable price. There's no sense in bringing more attention to the ones that don't deserve it. Plus it will make it easier for the person looking to buy a GTR to see a list of where they should go rather then where they shouldn't .

You are correct....Good idea...
Old 02-14-2008, 01:14 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by spt
I agree that dealers are probably running into situations that after market part vendors are dealing with where everyone is basically trying find a part/car at the cheapest price. I do agree that it is natural for any business to use a product like the GTR to earn more revenue where they can by attaching a markup. With a high demand it's difficult not to do something like that especially when people are willing to pay.

The only thing that upsets me is the fact that some dealers really go so far in marking up this car that it loses its intended purpose of why Nissan made this car in the first place. It also tells me that they are willing to take advantage of people that don't know any better. A $10,000 markup is pretty reasonable on a car like this but I believe the real issues are with the ones charging $30k +. With a markup that high you are basically paying the same as you would have if you wanted a GT3 which wasn't in Nissan's plans to do so. I think the dealers charging the outrageous markups now are only hurting themselves in the long run. Eventually they will realize these cars are mass produced and if they get labeled as people charging big markups it will be difficult to change that image. It would probably mean they will have to discount the heck out of them which won't be good for existing owners and other dealers.

I think if you are unwilling to pay the markup just wait. The car will eventually come down in price. It happens with most cars and the GTR shouldn't be any different.

I agree, except in this case, I blame Nissan more than the dealers. For them to be producing 1500 for the US market and expecting a car that performs like a GT3 to sell for anything close to MSRP is a joke. BTW, I think $10K over MSRP is verrry reasonable. Here in Silicon Valley they are quoting $60K over MSRP!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 04:29 PM
GTR Member

that is very true to blame nissan for making very few but hey what can we do right... Im just hoping i can find one at only 10k over, ill prob be looking in utah because i know there is no way to find one at that price in california.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:40 PM
GTR Member

Hey charles,

I just read your post about asking what dealer is selling sticker price.

I can tell you now that i found a dealer that is willing to sell it sticker price to me and i just want to see if they will stand by their word before i tell everyone .

But i know for a fact that the las Vegas dealer is selling the car for 10k mark up. They will be getting 15-16 GT-R's and said 10k no more no less... so since they are getting 15 of them they can sell it for even less then 10k mark up im sure of it.

Once i get some feedback from the 2 dealers that told me they would try to work sticker with me i will let you know.

Till then I've called over 40 dealers and Vegas is the way to go.

These dealers think they are gonna sell them for 10-30 k mark up. i can bet you that they will not for sure. When my Evolution 8 MR came out in October of 04 they wanted 35,600 MSRP + 20k mark up for it because only 1200 were sent to the US and it was the 6 speed demon of the road. I got mine the first day for sticker price because im a smart shopper. ONLY IDIOTS would pay 20-30 k mark up for a crappy Nissan. If a dealer wants that kind of money... well im sorry.. id rather drive a Porsche. Nissan made this car for Car fanatics like myself. thats why they valued it at 71,900. Let these dealers think they can sell it for 10-30 k mark up and play all the games they want. When these cars sit in their lot for 3-4 months while other dealers sold out in the first week because they sold it for anywhere from MSRP to 7-8k mark up the overpriced dealers will regret it. REMEMBER 1 year from now the VSPEC will come out and this will be the same old BS story. Dealers who took forever to sell them compared to dealers who sold out in a week will get 6-15 VSpecs while dealers who played the I want more money because this car was discontinued game i want 30k mark up will only get 1-3.

Nissan wants to sell this car.. and will give the VSPEC to dealers who DIshed out the GT-R to the public the fastest because thats what nissan is all about and has always been about . Customer satisfaction ( the smile a GT-R Driver gets when driving his car )

Not spending 30k mark up to drive it out the lot and the cars value drops from 71,900 to 60k because you already put miles on it. HOw would it feel to be driving a car you can resell for 60 k in a few months BUT you owe 80 - 100k on it.

GET REAL DEALERS>

Again i will inform you if the 2 dealers i talked to hold up to their words.

Thanks

-Art
Old 02-15-2008, 08:33 AM
GTRForums Staff

I really believe the reality will be the people that want the absolute first ones will pay the dumb markups, but by the time of the second batch, everything will be more realistic. By later this year, we will probably be looking at no markups anywhere
Old 02-15-2008, 01:06 PM
GTR Member

lets just hope that there will be no markups then.. because thats when i plan to buy one.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:19 PM

One local dealer wanted $30k over sticker. For that much I'm close to a GT3 or a used 2007 Turbo. So far the cheapest I found is $10k over. I refuse to pay over sticker for any car!
I'm going to contact Nissan on Monday regarding what their spokesman was quoted saying in the Edmunds article. I will definitely complain about the dealers I spoke with.
That being said I will order if I can find one at sticker.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:47 PM
GTR Member

Im with you there on that.

I refuse to pay mark up for any car. Even if it has been discontinued for several years.
My friend who has a 1998 skyline that is fully modified is a rich. His name is Daniel Suh. You can google him if you want. I am doing the shopping for myself and him. He will not pay a penny over mark up and neither will I. we are both smarter shoppers and will wait for the demand to go down and prices to drop like they did on the EVO. I have told every dealer i have spoke to that " if they give me the car for sticker price i am basically purchasing 2. My friend is looking for one and so am I. My friend will buy the car full cash and i will finance." ... these dealers are so stuck up they think they can sell these cars for 20-30k mark up and will try to. I have told every dealer that when you get this car in your lot you call me i will be there the same day to buy pick up 2. One full Cash and one finance, And thats like a joke to them now. If you had told any other dealer that for any other car they would have kissed your *** asked if you wanted a ride to the dealer and probably have gone under MSRP a bit.

I think i will also wait to see how this goes and will send in my complaints as well because this is not customer service. This is raping people in the *** for a quick buck. maybe My friend and i should just go get 911 turbo's . im sure they will treat us better and give us better deals this these Nissan dealers who all of a sudden think they are cool cause japan gave them Some GT-R's they know nothing about. While car fanatics like us have been waiting years and years to get our hands on one and have known about GT-R's for over 10+ years.

All i know is .. i will get mine sticker price. Even if i have to take my business out of LA. If LA wants to rape us... I say let them go screw themselves . We will give our business to dealers who actually have had nice cars in their inventory and not dealers who all of a sudden got a nice car and think they are the ****.

Thanks

Art
Old 02-16-2008, 07:13 AM

Royal Nissan Baton Rouge, LA. We currently have 5 GTR's available for pre sale. We are accepting any reasonable offers over MSRP. While other dealers are price gauging, (10k -30k) over,we are just trying to roll these units out.

Last edited by CharlesJ; 02-18-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:55 AM
GTR Member

It all comes down to if Nissan will ever produce more than 1500 cars for the US market. If it does, we "MSRP" guys should eventually win out. If supply remains limited then all bets are off. Of course, as great as the GT-R is, it will inevitably be met by the competition and not stand out as much as it does now.

Also, Nissan does not want to get into Porsche territory in pricing, they will lose big time. Status is status.

Quick Reply: Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.