GTRForums News & Rumors Check this forum for the latest news in the GTR community and rumors about existing and future Skyline GTR models.

Nissan Raises GTR MSRP

Old 10-01-2008, 08:22 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Catapult5 View Post
The GT-R can be tracked and it has been done with no backlash from dealers. It just can't be raced in a competitive manner other than hot laps. I have heard rumors that Bondurant driving school may have a GT-R only driving class for owners using their cars to learn out to get the most out of them.
That would be cool, I was thinking about doing thier Z06 experenice. Rumor also has that Bondurant is going to buy some ZR1s as well.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:15 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZOsixTT View Post
That would be cool, I was thinking about doing thier Z06 experenice. Rumor also has that Bondurant is going to buy some ZR1s as well.
That sounds like a lot of fun, I would like to drive the ZR1 to see the difference in how it delivers power and how the GT-R delivers power. I'm betting that would not be a cheap class though.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:03 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Catapult5 View Post
That sounds like a lot of fun, I would like to drive the ZR1 to see the difference in how it delivers power and how the GT-R delivers power. I'm betting that would not be a cheap class though.
Yea, none of thoes classes are cheap, you basically have to decided between bondurant for 4 days or a set of HRE wheels. But i image it take a lot of $ to keep all thoes cars working well. They probobly go through tires & brakes in a week.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:23 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZOsixTT View Post
Yea, none of thoes classes are cheap, you basically have to decided between bondurant for 4 days or a set of HRE wheels. But i image it take a lot of $ to keep all thoes cars working well. They probobly go through tires & brakes in a week.
I'm betting the ZR1 would be far and away more expensive because no one is getting them near MSRP and they have more expensive tires/brakes than a CTS-V class. I would imagine that they may just want owners to bring their own cars and maybe the school would have a few for instructors.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:17 PM

Even with the price increase and dealer markup, around here GTRs go for 100k. That's not bad for a car that performs with or better than cars that cost twice as much.