General General forums for the GTR community.

MSRP Does it Exist?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 04:40 PM

MSRP Does it Exist?

Anywhere at all offer a normal price!!? I cant seem to find anyone who will sell for less than 90k..

ridiculous.. they are all trying to recoup the 40-50k cost of invesment to be able to sell and maintain this car..

any help would be great
Old 03-28-2008, 06:52 AM
GTRForums Staff

Originally Posted by Rambino
Anywhere at all offer a normal price!!? I cant seem to find anyone who will sell for less than 90k..

ridiculous.. they are all trying to recoup the 40-50k cost of invesment to be able to sell and maintain this car..

any help would be great

MSRP does exist as do more reasonable markups. 10k over seems to be pretty easy to find if you do some searching. MSRP is very difficult and the second its made public, that dealer fills up. You will probably have to make a number of calls and travel to your eventual dealership
Old 03-28-2008, 07:53 AM

Talked to a dealer today who had all the spots filled at MSRP..

He told me the actual delivery time is somewhere from 3-18 months.. On a first come first serve basis..

No Way im waiting that long
Old 03-28-2008, 08:31 AM
GTR Senior Member

it sucks, but can you really blame them?

as long as they're honest, i think that, that's the most important thing of all
Old 03-28-2008, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rambino

any help would be great

Im sure MSRP dose exist, but very very rare...There is demand for the car so I cant see why they are going to sell them at MSRP at least the first batch....So if you want to be the few that get the 1st set of GTR's to hit the US expect to pay over sticker, but Im sure within 6 months after the 1st set of GTR's hit the street you can get them at MSRP.....I got mine at $5k over sticker, which I felt was very fair with a June-July delivery date.....Jay.S
Old 03-28-2008, 06:53 PM

It will be MSRP by 2009

I think it will, almost for sure. If Nissan make no less than 2000 GTRs/yr I think you can easily find one @ MSRP by 2nd half yr of 2009.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:53 PM

I agree. The dealerships will say ANYTHING to get you to pay over MSRP.

People talk a lot and express interest but when it comes to REALLY putting their money where their mouth is - 90% of em will back off.

I think the car will sell for MSRP in early 2009 and we'll probably start seeing discounts by Fall 09.

I cant wait!
Old 04-06-2008, 04:12 PM

Stealerships are just out of their minds and out of touch with reality. There is a lot of interests in the GTR, but I agree that few will put down $$$ to buy. It looks like I am heading to Plan B. Wait a year, then see where the prices are.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:57 PM

what is the end cost?
"MSRP" that is...
they where selling the new evo at 7k over.... I said I would not pay that and walked out.... the guy ran out and said we will do it for sticker...
I drove the car and told him 40k is still to high for a lancer.
I really like the R34 and R33 this sky really is not doing it for me... its lost that "cant have it" thing...
I hope I change my mind when I see it.... my dad wants it.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:27 PM
GTR Member

What I dont understand is when I ask for MSRP they laugh at me, but all the dealers have most of their alotment still for sale. Out of the 15 dealers I called Zero were sold out, most of them still had the majority of their cars available, even though there are under 2000 being produced. When the cars arrive in june/july there will be a bunch sitting in dealerships. The GTR doesnt have the mass following the Z06 did when it arrived and comanded crazy prices, plus the econ was in better shape them.
I have an 08 Viper ACR on order for 1000 over invoice, and they are only building a little over 100 of them this year.
Moral of the story is, there are tons of gtrs still available with them arriving in a few months, prices will drop to msrp or less pretty soon.

Quick Reply: MSRP Does it Exist?