GTRForums News & Rumors Check this forum for the latest news in the GTR community and rumors about existing and future Skyline GTR models.

Has anyone in the US or Canada actually placed a specific order

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 07:24 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Easy Bake
My GT-R, through a dealer in Silver Spring, Maryland, is supposed to arrive in September. Last heard, the dealer is still requiring a $20K mark up. Is this still the norm for most folks? I was wondering if the tanking economy, awful housing market, and sky high gas prices, would give us prospective buyers more wiggle room?

Its no secret that the launch hasn't been what Nissan had hoped for. There has been stories of dealer offering to "buy back" those on the list and offering them $10k in order to give it to the next guy who has offerd over $20+K, people losing their place in line or pushed out until next year, etc (of course whether this is true or not who knows). This should really surprise no one. I think your best bet would be to search the entire country but $20k over is absolutely rediculous in my book.

Dealership knows that despite the economic woes, people will PAY to get this car. And the limited numbers we will be given only adds to it. Maybe when/if the V-spec comes out, getting the 'base' model without the excessive mark-ups will be more reasonable.