General General forums for the GTR community.

Has anyone received confirmation from there dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:37 PM
GTR Member

Has anyone received confirmation from there dealer?

I recieved a phone call from my dealer today stating that the car has been confirmed for delivery in late June. Has anyone else reiceved a phone call?
Old 05-02-2008, 01:23 AM
GTR Member

yes i have received confirmation form the dealer that i ordered my car form. Although it was a bit of bad news because my car will now be arriving in mid July. I am still getting the first GTR from that dealership, but due to massive amounts of ordered as the dealer claimed, mine will arrive 1 months late :|

gl to the res of you.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:50 AM

You should ask him how 'massive amounts of ordering' was possible if every dealership had an allocation based on 350Z sales. I haven't heard of any dealer allocations suddenly getting larger, so I don't see how it's possible that Nissan could have underestimated demand.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:58 PM
GTR Member

Its not about underestimating anything buddy. Its the fact that more people ordered the silver color then expected and they are sent in Quarters . I am in the first quarter and the cars are made and sold first come first serve.. My friend who also purchased from the same dealership that i bought my car from will be getting his 1-2 months after i get mine because his order was placed 7 days after mine. Just because one dealership sells out all their cars in one day does not mean they will get them all in June. You need to do more research before claiming someone else's fact is wrong. If 10 dealership sell one and one dealership sells 4 they will all get one at a time in quarters of shipments. So since in the first quarter a lot of people ordered silver the first season shipments got a little thrown off.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve
Grumble grumble, noise noise, fury fury.
I never claimed any fact was wrong. I just reasonably assumed if Nissan was producing a absolutely specific number of cars, laid out months in advance, those orders were put in to the system in a certain order and the numbers didn't change, that they'd be able to give you a accurate delivery date. Obviously, they couldn't. Looks to me, from my horribly non-researched position, that something went wrong, but perhaps not.

I certainly suggested that you should (or I would) ask your dealer why even the first car at the dealer is a month late, unless, of course, every dealer's first car is a month late (which it doesn't seem to be in Metro Detroit or other places I've spoken to yet). If you don't find it fishy that every other dealer is getting their first car in June, and yours in in July, and the paint being silver seems like a reasonable explanation, then great. Don't ask.

Sorry for the suggestion. Enjoy your car.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:40 PM
GTR Member

I just got my phone call from my dealership / Sales manager today. he wanted to let me know that nissan personally let him know that They started building my GTR. So i am guessing this is a standard procedure with these vehicles.

Yay for my GTR
Old 05-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Lue

still waiting..................
Old 05-13-2008, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve
I just got my phone call from my dealership / Sales manager today. he wanted to let me know that nissan personally let him know that They started building my GTR. So i am guessing this is a standard procedure with these vehicles.

Yay for my GTR
Right on! Very exciting!!!! Enjoy...

-Dan