General General forums for the GTR community.

A very old member has returned

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:45 AM

A very old member has returned

Hey guys hows it going?

Been a while since I last came in here which was over 2 years ago.
Been bust with studies and work till I completely forget about this site until a reminder appeared in my email.
For those who knew me I used to drive a STi Spec C Type RA but now I have sold that car and now got myself a 2008 STi.

Just asking how many of our members here are now driving the new GTR R35.

I hear its a great car to drive but I also hear some new GTR all got wrecked in accidents as with some idiots on the wheel.

For those driving the GTR cheers and have a safe drive.

PS: I was considering to buy a GTR myself but I hear the V Spec ver is coming and more powerful than the current ver is this true? Wonder what mods can I add to the car but I hear the new car is very difficult to mod.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:13 PM
GTR Senior Member

We'll I picked mine up on monday and it is great, have the Cobb accessport sitting on the table next to me which tunes the ECU and people have seen 63 hp gains with this 1k mod alone. No one has seen how it affects the warranty but cobb says if you uninstall it from the car, it won't be noticed. Youtube "Trey Cobb" and check out he GT-Live video which has the Cobb GT-R starting and the high flow cats sound amazing. I am going to get them when they are released.

I am also waiting on the spec V (I hope it ends up being called the V-Spec). There is also the evolution from Nissan but it may just be a GT-R with Nismo parts. There isn't much info on either yet.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:17 PM

Just asking is it possible to upgrade the tranny of the new GTR?
Is there any way to change the turbocharger without removing the manifold, coz I hear the turbo is intergrated to the manifold instead of the old bolt on type.Will the VDC get messed up if we change the suspension setup? I hear some say best not to mess with it and its already using Bilsten coilovers.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:12 PM
GTR Senior Member

Well if you change out the suspension to something from MINE'S for example you will lose LC. Cobb Tuning is developing a conversion kit for the suspension that will work with the stock suspension to allow changes but LC is not lost and it is far cheaper.

I haven't researched new turbos much as I was going to leave the engine stock but I know HKS has done some stuff to them to get 570 hp with more stable boost levels.

The tranny can hold about 600 hp and since it is so complicated, it will take time for a stronger one to surface. We will have to see what the Spec V has to see if Nissan has mad a stronger tranny when the Paris Motor Show comes this October.