General General forums for the GTR community.

Friends dealership in japan(he has alot of skylines for very little money)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 07:34 AM

Friends dealership in japan(he has alot of skylines for very little money)

Well, im new to this site. Kinda wierd i have been into skylines for a long time and nerver heard of this site.. mabey im not online as much. But anyways i want to tell everyone about my friends dealership in japan. He has alot of cars in stk It is a used car dealership he has alot of supras,skylines and alot of other cars. He said he will help anyone get a skyline to the states. Its good if you are going to bring a skyline to the states to have a dealer that will work with you in japan. I was stationed in japan for 3 years and i was able to get a 98 R-34 GTR from him for only 650,000yen or around $6,500. He is ver willing to help out and knows that skylines are in big demand here in the states. I was talking to him 2 days ago and he is pondering the idea of giving me 4 R-34's to do crashtesting here in the states on them. He knows that he will loose money now but if it getts apporved then he will have alot more buisness exporting the cars to the states..I am in the process of talking with the dot about doing this crash test. to get them legal to inport. They said they will need 4 cars to do the crash test succefully. But anyways. the website is www.japan-partner.com sometimes the web adress wont work so you have to type it in yahoo serch to find it.. check out avaiable cars on the right of the page to get all the cars. and if you click on any skyline if you scroll to the bottom of that page you will see a list of all the skylines he has in stk.. check the site out and let me know what you think..

Jeremy
Old 08-08-2008, 08:51 AM
GTR Senior Member

I don't believe that an R34 has been brought to the states since Motorex fell apart. I wish I had the time, patience and money to bring one here but I understand it isn't easy.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:36 AM

Let me clairify what i said about my R-34. I had it for 3 years in japan and Believe me i did not want to sell it. I even tried to extend my tour there just becasue of the car.. didnt happen..
Old 08-08-2008, 12:41 PM
GTR Senior Member

I don't doubt that you had one but I don't know how easy it is to legalize them in the US. I have heard that owners here are hounded by the police about them. I would like to get my hands on a V-Spec II some day
Old 08-08-2008, 01:03 PM

Yea when i talked to the guy at the DOT. he said that the only reason that the r-34 is not allowed in the states is becasue of the crash ratings. He said that they would need 4 seperate cars to perform the test. Now i have someone that is interested in putting up the cars to do the test. Why would they not be able to legalize them after that.

Anyways I posted a few pics of my supra. If anyone is interested in trading for skyline let me know what you got...
Attached Thumbnails Friends dealership in japan(he has alot of skylines for very little money)-1.jpg   Friends dealership in japan(he has alot of skylines for very little money)-2.jpg   Friends dealership in japan(he has alot of skylines for very little money)-3.jpg   Friends dealership in japan(he has alot of skylines for very little money)-4.jpg