General General forums for the GTR community.

VERY Bad experience w/ dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 07:26 AM

Angry VERY Bad experience w/ dealer

So we've been talking with the local nissan dealer who has 2 GTRs in stock about picking up either a white or black one ASAP. We were planning on trading in both our 335xi and our C55 AMG for the GTR (as it will do a wonderful job replacing both). Also, we were going to dump an '06 Maserati Gransport on him because we've been trying to sell that car for a few months now to no avail. So after weeks of talking with the guy the cars finally come in and he calls up my fiance at 6:30pm and says "come on over and bring one of your trades." This means, when coming from ANY other salesman, "come and pick up your new car, or atleast take it for a test drive before we sign the paperwork."

Apparently at a Nissan dealership, however, this doesnt mean crap! We show up ASAP at 8pm (we live 40minutes away and my fiance had to rush home through god awfull traffic), and HE'S GONE. Thats right, after practically telling us that we'd be driving home in our MINT new GTR that night, he goes home without telling us! So we're sitting in the dealership at 8pm thinking "WTF? Well atleast we get the car..." as this salesguy looks at us with this amused face on and hands us the phone.

On the phone is the manager of the dealership, the guy who told us to come in just a couple hours prior. He says that, in fact, HE SOLD THE CAR TWO DAYS AGO. And not only that, but he starts going on about how other people are interested in the other car we has etc etc: trying to put pressure on us to up our offer by $10k. Having bought 10 exotics in our combined lives, my fiance and I know that this guy is either an idot or an *******. It turns out that he's both. So he says, "dont worry about this car, as you know I have another one." So we decide to let him off the hook and just take a look at the one we were supposed to pick up that night. While I'm standing there with the hood open and the engine on imagining myself whipping ferraris and porsches, the sales man starts talking about how theres so much demand that both the cars are already sold!

THATS RIGHT, BOTH CARS WERE ALREADY SOLD AND THE MANAGER OF THE DEALERSHIP HAS BEEN LEADING US ON FOR WEEKS TRYING TO GET US TO AGREE TO PAYING NEARLY 150% MSRP FOR SOMETHING WE CAN'T BUY.

Turns out that the manager wanted a BACKUP CUSTOMER just in case the purchaser of the black GTR backed out at the last minute (this guy had agreed to buy the car months ago).

So not to sound too snobby: After having owned multiple high-end automobiles I admit that I expected Nissan to be a new experience. However, this really pissed me off and I think its completely unacceptable nomatter what brand you are selling or how much demand there is for your product. YOU DO NOT, EVER, PROMISE A CUSTOMER A PRODUCT THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY SOLD. THE ONLY INDUSTRY THAT DOES THIS IS THE AIRLINES AND THEY'RE CONSTANTLY BANKRUPT FOR A REASON! This guy was an ******* and should consider himself extreemly lucky if we still want the car on monday.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:43 PM

Well car dealers are car dealers.

I just received mine this week and the dealer was fantastic to work with.
Awesome service, follow up calls, constant updates on the very limited info Nissan NA gave the dealer.

A shame I can not keep my awesome GTR with 30 miles on it due to another unexpected purchase, so I am selling it again, but the Nissan experience was very good for me.