General General forums for the GTR community.

How has your GT-R experience been so far

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 11:47 PM
GTR Senior Member

How has your GT-R experience been so far

How has everyones experiences been with there GT-R's

Owning a GT-R has not always been a cake walk, at least for me.

"With great power comes great responsibilty." Someone once said.

I've had my GT-R for almost 3 years now and almost instantly you are propelled to a different level once you have 1.

Most of my experiences have been good I've made a lot of new friends, meet a lot of people I wouldn't have, had I not had it. I've also see some extraordinary things done and accomplished over the last few years with the cars here in the U.S.

I never knew how much attention it would draw. Both good and bad.
Sometimes the attention can be a real pain in the azz. I've had people follow me home trying to figure out where i live and wanting to look at the car. Cops following me and pulling me over to figure out what type of car it is.

I'd have to say the most difficult part would be dealing with the parts and the time it takes to get them and people trying to rip me off just because I have a skyline. Most of them have been local company's.

The stupid questions hit an all time high for me on this car, "is that a real skyline" or "why do you have the steering wheel on the wrong side", can "i get a ride". Or lets race.

My answers usually go "read the License plate" (Real GTR), and because I lost the steering wheel for the left side. Hell no u can't get a ride you aren't paying any bills and If it's a hot **** she sure you can ride, me.

Sometimes that works! Yes a GT-R will get you laid!

I'd like to go 1 week, let alone 1 day where someone won't try to get me to race.

Insurance is not easy to come by, it's expensive as hell for me i'm constantly having to fight for coverage.

I've had a lot of help along the way with out them a lot of this would not be possible. Thank you to everyone that has given me advise over the years Sean, Toshi, Wen, Eric, Razor, Mario and many others.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:21 AM

Hahahahahahaha, excellent post, Real. Yes, with all the accollades, there are woes. Don't expect me to feel sorry for you, bro. LOL. Kinda like being the only kid on the block with a Unicorn or a Pegasus in your backyard. L-U-C-K-Y. I hope the retards who wanna race ya have high end cars like, Ferraris and Lamborghinis, and not some crappy cars like Civics, Mustangs or Trans Ams. That would not only be real stupid on their parts, but an insult on yours. Heheh.