General General forums for the GTR community.

The official hilarious markup thread. Dealers listing crazy markups

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 03:56 PM
GTR Member

I think everyone would do $5K over and that's why it won't get the job done for awhile.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:13 AM

Markup?

I think Nissan is forcing the dealers to charge a markup,they have to recoup that CERTIFICATION money($20,000-$30,000)SOMEHOW? if they want to sell the GT R, ,not that I will pay it?
My guy that is working on it for me says that dealers are confused right now,only1500 for the US,HOW MANY DOES THAT MAKE PER DEALER? unless there is some dealer incentive, like what I do ot know?
I know the dealers are going to get their cut some how?
If I cannot get one in the first year what is going to happen next year?
I guess time will tell
Just My 2 cents
Gearheadbill
Old 12-13-2007, 01:21 PM
spt
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by gearheadbill
I think Nissan is forcing the dealers to charge a markup,they have to recoup that CERTIFICATION money($20,000-$30,000)SOMEHOW? if they want to sell the GT R, ,not that I will pay it?
My guy that is working on it for me says that dealers are confused right now,only1500 for the US,HOW MANY DOES THAT MAKE PER DEALER? unless there is some dealer incentive, like what I do ot know?
I guess time will tell
Just My 2 cents
Gearheadbill
In my opinion I think it's the dealers only (has nothing to do with the manufacture) charging the markups. They are basically using the hype/demand towards their favor and trying to take all the money they can from you.

Also my gut is telling me, Nissan will miraculously increase production to accommodate orders, especially if demand is high. As far as getting one the following year, you never know. It may be a situation where 2 or 3 will be sitting on the lot after the dust from the hype settles. Dealers will then be looking to sell under MSRP instead of trying to mark them up. It happens all the time with other cars in the market, so there's no reason it won't happen for the GTR.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:44 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by spt
In my opinion I think it's the dealers only (has nothing to do with the manufacture) charging the markups. They are basically using the hype/demand towards their favor and trying to take all the money they can from you.

Also my gut is telling me, Nissan will miraculously increase production to accommodate orders, especially if demand is high. As far as getting one the following year, you never know. It may be a situation where 2 or 3 will be sitting on the lot after the dust from the hype settles. Dealers will then be looking to sell under MSRP instead of trying to mark them up. It happens all the time with other cars in the market, so there's no reason it won't happen for the GTR.

I only think this can be the case with the GT-R if other manufacturers can produce similar performing vehicles around $75K. So far only the Z06 is a legitimate competitor.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:56 PM

markup

How are dealers suppose to recoup this certification money?it is a pretty big chunk of $
Gearheadbill
Old 12-13-2007, 05:57 PM
GTR Member

How are dealers suppose to recoup this certification money?it is a pretty big chunk of $
Gearheadbill

By charging $60K over MSRP!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:05 PM

markup

You I know both know that is out in left field!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:20 PM
GTR Senior Member

I guess time will tell
Just My 2 cents
Gearheadbill
If Nissan really has to pay that much for certification of techs, then I bet the GTR will be shortlived in the states. It simply doesn't make financial sense.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:31 PM

they should go to jail!!! 20k mark up!!! They want to make more money than Nissan Japan!!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:06 PM
GTR Member

You I know both know that is out in left field!
That's what the guy in San Jose quoted me. Unless he wanted to tell me to "Go take a hike", he must've been somewhat serious.

Quick Reply: The official hilarious markup thread. Dealers listing crazy markups