General General forums for the GTR community.

How to get a Skyline in America

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by shadz
But what good is having a nissan skyline gtr if you can't drive it around your own town and show it off. It is, from what I've heard, the most fun car to own and drive ever. Why get one just to do all that work on it, if you can't show it off by driving it to the local 7-11? It kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? I don't have all this money to be putting into a car that I can't drive.......
Because the point of a car like a GTR is not to drive it aroudn town, show it off, and hit up the local 7-11?

No offense to you personally, but the point of a performance car is to drive, not to flash it around town like a ricar with a fartcan....
Old 12-04-2005, 04:52 PM
GTR Member

drive a gt-r???

Of course the point is to drive, but my point was if you can't drive it around town, what's the point? Obviously the GT-R is a performance vehicle, but the abuse you would put it through taking it to the track every weekend is too much for most people. And what good is a car if you can't take it to the local 7-11 and show it off?? Not everyone can afford to have a car that they can just beat up on on the track, it needs to be a daily driver also for most. And unless I'm mistaken, a car is still a "status symbol" in this country more than anything else. So again, if you can't drive it around the block and show it off........why waste the money???