General General forums for the GTR community.

GTR vs ZR1 - Not What You Think

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Banned

Geesh. What did you guys do in this forum before i got here? circa-jerk?

this forum is so boring. none of you guys are gonna be able to afford the GTR anyways, so i guess all your upcoming threads will be like...

"I just got a GTR on Gran tourismo!!!"

Last edited by congoman775; 07-10-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:32 AM

Great.

...another 15-year-old reject from corvetteforums.com....haha.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:52 PM

seems like you guys were talking about "THE BEST CAR", I like all cars, but the best car? just get a Bugatti EB 16.4 Veyron with the W16 Engine Turbocharged, all you rich bastards . I like both skyline and Z06 plus porsche too but all these cars are just not in the Veyron's class. Point is just get the car you can afford and tune it as much as you like jeeeez. People buy cheap cars and tune the HELL OUT OF IT!! because they can't afford GTRs or Z06, only some people can. Like me But hey if I had all the money in the world? I get all the cars. I just love sport cars.

Last edited by kei_kusanagi; 07-24-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kei_kusanagi
seems like you guys were talking about "THE BEST CAR", I like all cars, but the best car? just get a Bugatti EB 16.4 Veyron with the W16 Engine Turbocharged, all you rich bastards . I like both skyline and Z06 plus porsche too but all these cars are just not in the Veyron's class. Point is just get the car you can afford and tune it as much as you like jeeeez. People buy cheap cars and tune the HELL OUT OF IT!! because they can't afford GTRs or Z06, only some people can. Like me But hey if I had all the money in the world? I get all the cars. I just love sport cars.
I hate to be a pain... but it appears as though you misspelled 'GTR' as 'CAMRY'

you should buy some typing classes!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:07 PM

No need to buy anything because I do drive a camry and I love GTR FYI.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:08 PM

wow.. i just read the full thread!

that guy is just a kid!!! he doesnt know anything..

Anyway, we should just ignore it.. whoever didnt drive a GTR, doesnt know what it is..
Old 08-04-2008, 04:14 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by dangonay
Yes, I just joined this site so we can get that out of the way right off the bat. And yes, I'm a ZR1 fan. I'm here to talk about the one area where the Z06 and ZR1 completely own the GTR. The fans themselves.

I'm a member of many automotive enthusiast sites. I see a ton of bickering between Vette and GTR fans and Porsche and GTR fans. So I've been doing a little research. You can feel free to try this yourself and you'll come to the same conclusions.

Basically, GTR fans are trolls. Period.

Here at GTR Forums if you search for ZR1 you will find a grand total of 36 posts. That's it (as of my first post). You'd think that since the ZR1 just laid the smackdown on the Nurburgring that Chevy fans everywhere (and there are far more of these than GTR fans) would be flooding the GTR Forums with all sorts of trolling posts gloating about the ZR1 time. But here we have a measly 36 posts.

Now you go over to any of the Corvette forums and search for GTR. You'll quickly find there are so many posts that the search engine usually stops after the first several hundred results (whatever the forum default is). And they are filled with trolls making intelligent comments like "GTR pwns Z06".

The same thing (but to a lesser extent) also exists at Porsche forums.

So what does this show? Well, the maturity of the GTR fan for one. Have they nothing better to do than to register at Corvette sites for the sole purpose of stirring up sh&t? I guess not. And considering that, as mentioned, Corvette and Porsche fans (and the number of forums/users) far outweighs GTR fans (and forums/users), it's surprising that such a small group of people can generate so much garbage. It's like the duty of GTR fans everywhere is to go around and preach the gospel that your saviour, the GTR, has finally arrived.

Be thankful that the Chevy guys aren't little kids like the GTR bois. Otherwise you could find your site overrun. I mean, Corvetteforums has almost 200,000 members. You guys have barely over 3,000. What if, for example, the Chevy guys decided to give you a little taste of your own medicine. With that many users, they could create umpteen accounts and completely overwhelm your community.

Perhaps you should keep that in mind next time you start trolling on another website...
The majority of GT-R fans DO NOT "troll on other websites" with the frequency that you claim. The jealousy and antagonism is more often directed at GT-R sites by overly zealous fans of other makes.

Moreover, trolls exist on every forum, for every make of car. It isn't an exclusive phenomenon to GT-R or Corvette sites. Being "a member of many automotive enthusiast sites" you should, of all people, be acutely aware of this fact.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:15 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by congoman775
Geesh. What did you guys do in this forum before i got here? circa-jerk?

this forum is so boring. none of you guys are gonna be able to afford the GTR anyways, so i guess all your upcoming threads will be like...

"I just got a GTR on Gran tourismo!!!"

Please stop this childish antagonism or you will be taking a little vacation.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bonzelite
Please stop this childish antagonism or you will be taking a little vacation.

i think he was banned already
Old 08-05-2008, 06:38 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by Camaro371
i think he was banned already
good

Quick Reply: GTR vs ZR1 - Not What You Think