General General forums for the GTR community.

GTR vs ZR1 - Not What You Think

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 02:46 AM

GTR vs ZR1 - Not What You Think

Yes, I just joined this site so we can get that out of the way right off the bat. And yes, I'm a ZR1 fan. I'm here to talk about the one area where the Z06 and ZR1 completely own the GTR. The fans themselves.

I'm a member of many automotive enthusiast sites. I see a ton of bickering between Vette and GTR fans and Porsche and GTR fans. So I've been doing a little research. You can feel free to try this yourself and you'll come to the same conclusions.

Basically, GTR fans are trolls. Period.

Here at GTR Forums if you search for ZR1 you will find a grand total of 36 posts. That's it (as of my first post). You'd think that since the ZR1 just laid the smackdown on the Nurburgring that Chevy fans everywhere (and there are far more of these than GTR fans) would be flooding the GTR Forums with all sorts of trolling posts gloating about the ZR1 time. But here we have a measly 36 posts.

Now you go over to any of the Corvette forums and search for GTR. You'll quickly find there are so many posts that the search engine usually stops after the first several hundred results (whatever the forum default is). And they are filled with trolls making intelligent comments like "GTR pwns Z06".

The same thing (but to a lesser extent) also exists at Porsche forums.

So what does this show? Well, the maturity of the GTR fan for one. Have they nothing better to do than to register at Corvette sites for the sole purpose of stirring up sh&t? I guess not. And considering that, as mentioned, Corvette and Porsche fans (and the number of forums/users) far outweighs GTR fans (and forums/users), it's surprising that such a small group of people can generate so much garbage. It's like the duty of GTR fans everywhere is to go around and preach the gospel that your saviour, the GTR, has finally arrived.

Be thankful that the Chevy guys aren't little kids like the GTR bois. Otherwise you could find your site overrun. I mean, Corvetteforums has almost 200,000 members. You guys have barely over 3,000. What if, for example, the Chevy guys decided to give you a little taste of your own medicine. With that many users, they could create umpteen accounts and completely overwhelm your community.

Perhaps you should keep that in mind next time you start trolling on another website...
Old 07-01-2008, 07:19 AM
GTR Member

I'm glad that the ZR1 beat the GTR time. It should considering the pre-market adjustment price difference. Throw in current market adjustments on the GTR and projected adjustments on the ZR1, and the price difference should be even greater. Since I have not yet put money down on a GTR and do not plan on doing so until I can get one for MSRP or less, I pray for competition like this to keep Nissan dealerships in their place. The GTR is no longer the be-all-end-all. It will be up to the V-spec to try to take that title back. People should just get off their high horses and admit that competition is good for advancing technology and keeping down prices. It's not like anyone on any of these forums posted these lap times. Post your own lap time in your car and compare it to someone elses in theirs and then you will have something to be proud of. Right now, it is only Nissan or Chevy that have something to gloat over.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:34 AM

This has to be a teenage chick w/ no life.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:12 PM
GTR Senior Member

Say hi to your lover congoman775 for me. We're trolls? Interesting claim when you're barging in trolling yourself!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:14 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by jmsrx
I'm glad that the ZR1 beat the GTR time. It should considering the pre-market adjustment price difference. Throw in current market adjustments on the GTR and projected adjustments on the ZR1, and the price difference should be even greater. Since I have not yet put money down on a GTR and do not plan on doing so until I can get one for MSRP or less, I pray for competition like this to keep Nissan dealerships in their place. The GTR is no longer the be-all-end-all. It will be up to the V-spec to try to take that title back. People should just get off their high horses and admit that competition is good for advancing technology and keeping down prices. It's not like anyone on any of these forums posted these lap times. Post your own lap time in your car and compare it to someone elses in theirs and then you will have something to be proud of. Right now, it is only Nissan or Chevy that have something to gloat over.
Good level minded post. But stop trolling!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:25 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by dangonay
Perhaps you should keep that in mind next time you start trolling on another website...
Dude, just like you have the right to look at the GTR forum, we should have the right to look at "your" forum. If you are speaking in reference to my post to congoman775 where I linked to corvetteforums, then I find it interesting that you call me a troll. I didn't post on that forum like congo did. In fact, I've been following the ZR1 forum for a long time now simply based off the fact that I think the ZR1 is an awesome car. I personally like the GTR better, but that doens't mean that the ZR1 is any less of a car. We all have preferences and we should all respect those preferences.

On the other hand, when someone comes from another forum and basically says "uh hey guys...uh, the GTR sucks" (i.e. congoman); I don't exactly hold that person's opinion in high regard, and I think they deserve to get a run for their money...especially when they're posing to be something they're not. I'm surprised you're running to the rescue of such an ignorant poster...

Case and point: the GTR, Vspec GTR, Z06 and ZR1 are all very accomplished cars. Enough of the drive by posting and threats to "overpower" our community. In fact, we haven't invaded your site, I simply referenced it to dispute one of your own peeps. Let's keep some mutual respect here.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:51 PM
GTR Senior Member

let's keep it down and provide good substance for both cars, cool reviews, good clips, personal opinions designated as such...
Old 07-05-2008, 01:36 PM
GTR Member

wow...
________
Ford model aa history

Last edited by nissan34; 03-04-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Banned

im not sure what these GTR guys are getting off on these days.

they dont have the fastest car, not by a long shot.

they dont have the best track car. (ZR1)

they dont have the most powerfull car.

they dont have the lightest car.

they dont have the best handling car.

im not sure what your arguing about anymore?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:31 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by congoman775
im not sure what these GTR guys are getting off on these days.

they dont have the fastest car, not by a long shot.

they dont have the best track car. (ZR1)

they dont have the most powerfull car.

they dont have the lightest car.

they dont have the best handling car.

im not sure what your arguing about anymore?
Who needs to argue?
Chevy does not have the fastest car either. (Veyron or the new Saleen Raptor I believe)
Chevy does not have the best track car. (The Vspec will come in under the ZR1 time)
Chevy does not have the most powerful car. (Once again, Veyron or some other exotic)
Chevy does not have the lightest car. (Ariel Atom or something similar)
Chevy does not have the best handling car. (Probably the Evo X believe it or not)

Your points are kind of narrow minded, especially since the ZR1 can't lay claim to any of those titles. It will definitely not come in as the best bargain either. The draw to the GTR is its versatility (at least for me). All weather drivability, back seats, nice interior, relatively inexpensive even with the current mark ups. I will never be able to afford a ZR1 (massive markups expected). I will consider the Z06 if the GTR does not fall to MSRP within a year. But i will be settling for the Z06 because it does not have everything I want in a car. I guess you will have to settle for a GTR or Z06 also, unless you plan on spending $150,000 - $200,000 anytime soon.

Quick Reply: GTR vs ZR1 - Not What You Think