General General forums for the GTR community.

GTR versus Z06

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 10:07 AM
GTR Member

My only hope now is that once the buzz is over, I'll be able to get it for a paltry $80K
Old 11-22-2007, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by bonzelite

I'm usually the one telling others to open themselves up to the R35 as it's different from what has come before it. It will not be like your Lotus whatsoever.

[/size][/font]

Exactly!! What I hope to get out of the GTR is a car that I hope to use more often than the Lotus and still have that performance rush without spending a lot more. Maybe even a replacement for my G35. I was looking at the G37 to replace that but it would be nice to have one car to serve both purposes. But at any rate. The reason for my post was that you seemed to be a bit hard on Buckwild for evaluating other cars in the same vain as the GTR and it seemed like you felt that a person comparing/evaluating other cars was crazy and if they are looking at other cars they should “move on” and just buy something else.

Last edited by ghotnit; 11-23-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:07 PM

My issue is with calling the GT-R a race car. It is not. It is a GT car. If Nissan truly wanted to make the GT-R a race car, it wouldn't be so darn heavy. 3800lbs is not sports/race car territory
Old 12-06-2007, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by heavychevy
YOU HAVE LOST YOUR FREAKING MIND IF YOU THINK THIS CAR WILL KEEP UP WITH THE CARERRA GT.
I just wanted to at this a bit...

2 seconds off it's pace at the 'ring, not bad at all...
Old 12-06-2007, 01:43 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
My issue is with calling the GT-R a race car. It is not. It is a GT car. If Nissan truly wanted to make the GT-R a race car, it wouldn't be so darn heavy. 3800lbs is not sports/race car territory
The V-Spec will be a race car and will more than likely rival the GT2 Porsche, at very least near it's performance.

The R35 has many variants and years to develop. This is only the beginning.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:45 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by ghotnit
But at any rate. The reason for my post was that you seemed to be a bit hard on Buckwild for evaluating other cars in the same vain as the GTR and it seemed like you felt that a person comparing/evaluating other cars was crazy and if they are looking at other cars they should “move on” and just buy something else.
I felt that if he was looking for a lightweight "trackday" car, the base model R35 is nothing like a Z06 or GT3.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:42 PM

I wonder if Nissan had simply inflated the weight figures as part of keeping it's rivals off balance? Tell people it weighs 3800lb and has 480hp and they won't get worried. Produce it with 480HP but bring it in with a weight lighter than that and you have a real contender.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:23 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by SuperHatch
I wonder if Nissan had simply inflated the weight figures as part of keeping it's rivals off balance? Tell people it weighs 3800lb and has 480hp and they won't get worried. Produce it with 480HP but bring it in with a weight lighter than that and you have a real contender.

No.

Nissan is not lying or withholding anything. The R35 is heavy, 480hp, and engineered to perform at sub 7:38.

This is extensively discussed by Nissan engineers.

The V-Spec will be even lighter, probably only a 2-seater with roll-cage as an option, and will annihilate the CGT.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:12 PM
GTR Senior Member

I must've been out of the loop for a while...they're offering a v-spec that's stripped down? Saaaaaweeeet!
Old 12-06-2007, 05:50 PM
GTR Senior Member

Yes.

And there is confirmation that a production chassis will be homologated for LeMans/Taiku GT racing.

Quick Reply: GTR versus Z06