General General forums for the GTR community.

GTR versus Z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 11:34 PM

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and thought I would give my thoughts. I own a 2007 Z06 and if you have never driven one you should try. The car is absolutely amazing I have owned many fast cars in my life buy the Z06 is insane. I am a corvette guy deep down but my Z06 is on Ebay as I type this. I worked for nissan in the past and my daily car was a 05 350 Z. I have been waiting for the Skyline to come to the U.S. since I was 17, and now at age 32 I have finally been able to put my deposit on the first black or silver to hit my dealer. The corvette guys can not figure it out and they won't. They will never realize how revolutionary the GTR is. The Z06 is amazing but it is a race car with a license plate. The GTR is the next giant leap in the evolution of super cars. I saw the website on nissan usa and I was down at my friends dealership with a deposit for the first one he got. I did not even hesitate to get rid of the Z06, and once magazines start testing this beast and the praise from the world press is on the cover of every auto magazine. The Z06 and Viper owners will realize that they may be taken down off the pedestal very soon.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:17 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by Johnnyr
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and thought I would give my thoughts. I own a 2007 Z06 and if you have never driven one you should try. The car is absolutely amazing I have owned many fast cars in my life buy the Z06 is insane. I am a corvette guy deep down but my Z06 is on Ebay as I type this. I worked for nissan in the past and my daily car was a 05 350 Z. I have been waiting for the Skyline to come to the U.S. since I was 17, and now at age 32 I have finally been able to put my deposit on the first black or silver to hit my dealer. The corvette guys can not figure it out and they won't. They will never realize how revolutionary the GTR is. The Z06 is amazing but it is a race car with a license plate. The GTR is the next giant leap in the evolution of super cars. I saw the website on nissan usa and I was down at my friends dealership with a deposit for the first one he got. I did not even hesitate to get rid of the Z06, and once magazines start testing this beast and the praise from the world press is on the cover of every auto magazine. The Z06 and Viper owners will realize that they may be taken down off the pedestal very soon.
WOW you are rare and open-minded. Welcome to the forums!!

Old 11-02-2007, 11:12 AM

Im unbiased here but on the verge of pulling the trigger on a 03 Porsche gt2 or 08 Turbo, ( have driven the amg benzes, BMW m5s z06) I drove the z06 and it is a beast, but didnt have the overall feeling or quality the Porsche has. ( but at 45% off the price its still calls my name) now im wondering about the gtr but I do have to say honestly that the car doesnt have the look and feeling my ego and ethos desires. Maybe in person its better but is anyone here feeling like it should look like more of a supercar as well as obviously driving like one ( it seems they have already achieved the latter) My only other thought is to order the Rossion ( New more refined version of the Noble 400) The rossion will crush everything in the performance realm ( well at least before you tuners start your mods) Anyway the gtr seems to be an amazing achievement already in its evident performance-I hope those who buy them drive the **** out of them and have a blast-B
Old 11-02-2007, 01:25 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by Buckwild
Im unbiased here but on the verge of pulling the trigger on a 03 Porsche gt2 or 08 Turbo, ( have driven the amg benzes, BMW m5s z06) I drove the z06 and it is a beast, but didnt have the overall feeling or quality the Porsche has. ( but at 45% off the price its still calls my name) now im wondering about the gtr but I do have to say honestly that the car doesnt have the look and feeling my ego and ethos desires. Maybe in person its better but is anyone here feeling like it should look like more of a supercar as well as obviously driving like one ( it seems they have already achieved the latter) My only other thought is to order the Rossion ( New more refined version of the Noble 400) The rossion will crush everything in the performance realm ( well at least before you tuners start your mods) Anyway the gtr seems to be an amazing achievement already in its evident performance-I hope those who buy them drive the **** out of them and have a blast-B
The GT-R is a supercar and therefore it is one, and looks like one --it looks like the one supercar that it is.

It looks as well like a GT-R, with the heritage of GT-R appearance cues maintained. GT-R enthusiasts embrace this; others eschew it. If you are of the 911, Noble, Lambo, Ferrari camp --the GT-R is not for you. Move on.

The GT-R does not need to be anything than it already is.

Higher model variants of the GT-R are coming and will be exactly on par with GT2 and Carrera GT.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:18 PM

I think the GTR will look a lot different in person. I know when you look at pictures of the Z06 it really just looks like a regular corvette. But when you see it in person in really strikes you as to how wide the car is from a normal vette and it really looks much meaner in person. The GTR is looking good in pictures but I think it is one of those cars that when you see it in person you will have a whole new appreciation for it. As for the porsche it is a great car, but it I could buy two GTR's for the same money. And as for turning heads every 911 you could mistake for any other. When you see a GTR you are going to know for sure what it is. Just my 2 cents
Old 11-03-2007, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by bonzelite
If you are of the 911, Noble, Lambo, Ferrari camp --the GT-R is not for you. Move on.
C’mon Bonze, “move on?” Isn’t that a bit rough? The type of person who would like the GTR may also be someone that likes the Porsche, Noble or any other high-performance car. I can see where Buckwild is coming from. Everyone wants that special car that does and has everything. Speed, handling, looks, cost and livability. That’s why we compare cars. But when buying a car, there is usually something we have to give up and we try to find the best fit without giving up to much. The ultimate car would have the performance of an F1, the looks of an Italian and the cost of a Toyota Tercel. Where do you find a car like this? Try Neverland. I like the Noble for the raw performance but its livability lacks in areas. The Porsche loses some performance to the Noble but adds livability and its cost is up there. The same “balancing act” occurs with other supercars. As people like me and Buckwild (I guess) look at cars like the GTR we hope that it will be (or at least close to) that ultimate everything car. We look for a car that gives us all that we want for the lowest price. The true bang for the buck car. I’ve owned a lot of high-performance cars (the Lotus is up for sale to make room for its replacement). The GTR looks like a major step in the right direction. I love Porsches. I used to build and race them but I can see that the Japanese carmakers are definitely giving Porsche and the other carmakers something to think about. Don’t be like those guys on the Corvette site who can’t see anything but Z06 (remember?).
Old 11-18-2007, 03:28 PM

Eat your words..

Originally Posted by heavychevy
LOL, Whey howe tor goy int thare (there you go continue to make fun of my spelling as if your ignorance on the subject will be made to no effect)

There is no way this car will run mid to low 7:30's, maybe the Z-tune version, and if lingenfelter did make a complete car for the ring I would put my money on it anyday over a Z-tune. It's funny how there were only two guys in here making out, where is all the support for your claims?????

In stock trim this car (unless equiped with Michelin Sport Cups) wont even break into the 1:40's. Will be closer to 1:45. I dont know what you guys are smoking in here but it sure helps you to spell good and make no sense.

I love it, this guy is eating his words! The new 2009 GT-R stock runs a 7 minute/35 second lap at the Nurburgring Nordschleife with two wet spots on the track. That's 7 seconds faster then a Corvette Z06 and sixth among productions cars. All this info is in the new Motor Trend. I guess heavycheavy will have to withdrawl his , "no way this car will run mid to low 7:30's".
Old 11-18-2007, 04:27 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by ghotnit
C’mon Bonze, “move on?” Isn’t that a bit rough? The type of person who would like the GTR may also be someone that likes the Porsche, Noble or any other high-performance car. I can see where Buckwild is coming from. Everyone wants that special car that does and has everything. Speed, handling, looks, cost and livability. That’s why we compare cars. But when buying a car, there is usually something we have to give up and we try to find the best fit without giving up to much. The ultimate car would have the performance of an F1, the looks of an Italian and the cost of a Toyota Tercel. Where do you find a car like this? Try Neverland.

SUre, this is often why car enthusiasts own multiple cars.

I like the Noble for the raw performance but its livability lacks in areas. The Porsche loses some performance to the Noble but adds livability and its cost is up there. The same “balancing act” occurs with other supercars. As people like me and Buckwild (I guess) look at cars like the GTR we hope that it will be (or at least close to) that ultimate everything car.
If you are looking for:

-Ferrari level marque prestige, move on
-911 GT3-like pure-sports car power/weight/driving traits, move on
-A light weight track day weapon, move on
-the R35 to make excuses for what it is, move on

If you want a heavy 2+2 GT coupe that can outperform many pure sports cars, and cars not even it it's class, the GT-R is for you.

We look for a car that gives us all that we want for the lowest price. The true bang for the buck car. I’ve owned a lot of high-performance cars (the Lotus is up for sale to make room for its replacement). The GTR looks like a major step in the right direction. I love Porsches. I used to build and race them but I can see that the Japanese carmakers are definitely giving Porsche and the other carmakers something to think about.
Good. That's cool.

Don’t be like those guys on the Corvette site who can’t see anything but Z06 (remember?)
I'm not.

I'm usually the one telling others to open themselves up to the R35 as it's different from what has come before it. It will not be like your Lotus whatsoever.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:30 PM
GTR Member

Anyone claiming the GT-R is "attainable" near its MSRP are smokin' crack. This car will not be available for anything less than $100K. My local stealer quoted me $60K over MSRP. No "friend at the dealership" is gonna give up the chance to make that much profit.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:35 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by darstar007
Anyone claiming the GT-R is "attainable" near its MSRP are smokin' crack. This car will not be available for anything less than $100K. My local stealer quoted me $60K over MSRP. No "friend at the dealership" is gonna give up the chance to make that much profit.
I agree.

We've been discussing that on NAGTROC all day today.

From what I gather, too, "MSRP" is practically meaningless, ie, it changes with market values and is a "suggestion" only pre-release. It doesn't necessarily "stick." Look at the Mustang GT500.

Quick Reply: GTR versus Z06