General General forums for the GTR community.

GTR versus Z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 01:46 AM

I dont want my experience on this site to be a negative one as I am only posting what is my opinion from the information I have available to me. Dont mistake my skepticism for lack of respect for import cars, I dont make a habit of degrading anyones car, even one's I dont like, and the GT-R doesnt fit in that category. I hope the car turns out to be monster and we know for sure that it's mod potential will be very high. And dont mistake me for a corvette guy, I dont like the new Z06 either, I like the old one better, I dont think the new one is reliable, hence the reason I bought a porsche (great track durability). In fact I would have bought an SRT-10 before the Z06 because #1 the Z06 is awesome stock, but who races stock???? You cant get any durable power of motor without fear of breaking it or basically rebuilding the whole thing. I would take a heads, cam Viper on the track all day over the Z06. Have you guys paid attention to SCCA racing?? the vipers were so fast they had to make them 3700#'s with driver so the other cars could have a chance and they still win in the T1 class. I would love to see some GT-R racing in SCCA and Rolex GT and even lemans. I am currently near T1 specs in my 996 turbo and 4 seconds off of the track record for SCCA at my track (with only street tires, non r comound). I love spanking the Z06's and vipers, even ones with hoosiers on them. I love that my car is the underdog and I can still win so there is no way I would be against this car, but stock is another story and I think this car fits right next to the 997 turbo, if I'm wrong, then great, heck I dont even like the 997 turbo so hopefully it will beat it, but I cant say that I would beleive in the least that it will beat the 997 GT3 and wouldnt put it any where near the upcoming GT2 or Carrera GT. Just my opinion but the more competition the better.

I cant wait for the comparos which will have :

997 GT2
GT-R
Z06
SRT-10 (08' 600 hp)
Srt-10 (pre 08')
Blue Devil
997 GT3
997 Turbo
Ford Shelby GT500R
997 Turbo
996 GT2
Noble M400
Ford GT
Carrera GT
BMW E92 M3 CSL
Old 05-04-2007, 10:09 AM
GTR Senior Member

heavychevy, if the GT-R fails to at least match up to the 997tt, i will damn them to hell because that is the very least it should be able to handle given it's long redevelopment time. and i'd be very shocked and disappointed in Nissan were they not to enter into the Rolex series and the like as the GT-R is going to be thrust onto the world market. that would mean greater commitment to racing for Nissan, else why do it at all.

i know that Pontiac races it's GTO in the GrandAm series here in the united states and elsewhere. as well, being that both Corvette and Porsche compete here in ALMS, i would reason to follow that the GT-R will be right beside them. that would go a long way to rekindling the past GT-R glory days.

again, if Nissan refuses to implement it's GT-R in international motorsports outside of Japan i will be highly disappointed and take on a more skeptical view of the GT-R's R&D program in general. i don't see much point in releasing the GT-R (finally) to the rest of the world but keeping it in Japanese-only racing programs. that would appear to be a 1/2 measure.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:31 PM

Agreed bonz, though the GTR's price range should still be a step lower than the 997TT... It seems that Nissan really has a ringer here if they play their cards right.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:40 PM
GTR Senior Member

LOL!! Corvetteforum banned me!! i cannot post a reply or log on anymore!!

the defensiveness of some of the members on that forum is really unbelievable. wow!
Old 05-16-2007, 10:38 AM
GTR Member

Very open minded aren't they? That is just sad. The moderator should have been more fair with you, as we would have been here on this forum. The moderator was just saying a few days ago that the thread would not be closed because everything was fine.

I like the fact that it appears that forum members here have many different cars with many different tastes, yet appreciate other cars openly for what they are or are not. Only time will tell. I have confidence in the product to come or will be kicking myself in the **** for a long time to come. As I said before, I am an avid enthusiast without undue brand loyalty. I either like and appreciate a car, or I don't.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:11 PM
GTR Senior Member

yeah, feel free to spread the word that i was banned without any warning and for no good reason. the double-standards there are the most extreme i've ever seen on a car chat forum. extremely childish.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:34 PM

Wow. I know I’m coming in late but I’ve been reading this thread and LMAO. I can’t believe they blocked you from the forum Bonz. That’s hilarious. While waiting for the GT-R, I’ve been car shopping. I drove a Z06 and my friends 996 turbo. Both cars were impressive as to acceleration. On a side note, I like the pricing that has been floating around. It is just where I hoped it would be. The posting by SPT wet my appetite even more. I like the aggressiveness of the car pictured there (hope it’s not Photoshop) and the 530hp really gets me excited. When I drove the Z06, the car was great (the roads were dry). It took some throttle control but I enjoyed the ride. I wouldn’t take it out in the rain anyway. If the 530hp is correct, the extra weight should not be a problem. If it has 530hp, it should definitely out perform the Porsche. The Z06 is a different story. That is a light car at 3100lbs and it has a lot of power (even here in Denver). Since the GT-R is turbo charged, it won’t lose as much power as the NA Z06 so it should be close in Denver. I read the posts on the corvette forum and found the same narrow-mindedness among the posters. I am anxiously waiting ‘til October or November (whenever the LA show is) as the car is supposed to be there and I will make that trip to see it (cheaper than going to Japan). Until then, I agree that all the speculation is fruitless. Trying to guess what Nissan has in store just gives me a headache and the unfounded press releases, just sets me up for possible disappointment. The other car I was looking at to replace my Lotus was a Noble M-400 (I trust that the people here know the car) but put that off to see what the GT-R would bring to the table. I have no problem plunking down 90+k for a car that will perform and the GT-R would be more useable than a Noble. The Noble doesn’t even have a trunk. I use the Lotus for mountain blasts and track days. The GT-R would do that and more. Hey Bonz, I can still post on the corvette forum so just let me know what you want to say.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:35 PM
GTR Senior Member

ghotnit, i think they suspended me. i can post on there now. was actually shocked i was able to log on again. perhaps they wanted me to have a "time out" or cool off period. thank you very much for you kindness of offering support. that is very nice of you and i take that into account.

the reluctance to accept something that may supercede the Z06 is astonishing. it's nearly unbelievable.

be fair warned that Nissan will NOT disappoint with the GT-R. if anything, they cannot afford to. and yes, Noble makes an awesome car. good taste.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:34 PM
GTR Senior Member

i officially became a moderator today. thank you, ali for the opportunity of duty.

-chad
Old 10-11-2007, 05:22 PM
GTR Senior Member

Time to update the thread. The launch in near.....

Quick Reply: GTR versus Z06