Video Found a video with the GTR in it? Post it here.

American Muscle car liars.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 02:17 AM
GTR Member

American Muscle car liars.

Hey guys just wanted to show you how full of crap some people are..

I was on youtube and saw a video of some guy who posted a video saying

"Stock Z06 11.54@127 Faster Than GTR AND VIPER "

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZYmgBxX7S4Q&feature=related

.. apparently they said its faster then the VIPER and the GTR!!

but i decided to do some more research and found the same car in another video.. interesting isnt it ..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ttO4gIlyq6E

In that video he runs an 11 flat.. And its the same car.. same exhaust sound.. I didnt realize that Z06 can run 11 flat.. I smell BUll****..

so yeah there you go guys.. more of this Z06 vs GTR rival and its sad to see Corvette lovers stoop this low and turn into liars to prove something that they cant..

thanks and enjoy
Old 04-30-2008, 08:40 AM
GTR Senior Member

some cool videos,

clearly, the gt-r is not a drag car, but it holds it's own

Last edited by rmatt8748; 05-01-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:41 AM
GTR Member

You did not understand my post. Its BS>. he launched the 11.56 crappy if you can tell just to be like " look at what i can run stock". If you look at the same video which is an older video then the 11.56 , he ran an 11 flat. Z06 cant run 11 flat 1/4 mile. This was another attempt by the Z06 fans to try and protray something that is false because they are bitter that a 3900 pound car is basically beating the Z06 in every category except a drag strip. Which even a GTR can win because you get a flawless launch everytime. 3.2-3.6 0-60 .. where as in a Z06 you will not see those numbers unless youve launched your car 60 times and are an experienced person at launching a RWD car with that much power.

and remember people.. for those claiming a z06 can run 11 seconds it probably can with Slicks..

How many Z06's do you see in the streets with Slicks on them? Didnt think so

also to my point about the driver having to be a skilled driver.. here is the article pasted for you

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f114/...-flats-108217/

A ten-second quarter mile time in stock trim has been reserved for limited production supercars only. However, a man proved that with the right combination of weather and skill a completely stock C6 Corvette Z06 can break 11.0. During a private test and tune event at Maryland International Raceway (MIR) Jamie Furman and his C6 Z06 running on the stock Goodyear F1 EMT run flat tires hit 10.98 at 129 mph in the 1320. The run was validated by a track official to achieve the record for quickest mass production vehicle. While the run was aided by near sea level track elevation and 40-degree air temperature, it still took refined gear banging skills to secure the record. Mr. Furman did not leave well enough alone with one record though. After hitting the 10s on the stock tires he threw on a set of drag radials to see what would happen. He hit 10.83 at 130 mph, breaking the previous drag radial standard of 10.85.

Of course these records aren't officially recognized by a particular sanctioning body, but they are recognized by internet message board enthusiasts and isn't that all that matters these days? Stock vehicles running 10s would never pass NHRA safety standards anyway. There is nothing like stirring up some keyboard racers to get the mud slinging started. The guys on Corvette Forum invite anyone from Viper Alley to put up a challenge. Apparently Jamie Furman once owned a few Vipers, but believes that currently the Z06 is king of American muscle. The gallery below holds scans of the two record holding time slips for the non-believers.

sea level/ VERY well experienced driver with flawless shifts and perfect weather conditions along with temperature.

again my point.. any driver any age any road condition with the GTR can get 0-60 in 3.2 and a 1/4 mile of 11.6... For a 3900 pound car i think that is amazing.

and remember.. The GTR has these numbers and it hasnt even been released to the public yet and or been given to experienced drivers who can get acustomed to vehicle and pull better Numbers.

Till then i will continue to wait till Mid july for when my GTR will arive at the dealership i preordered from..

Gl to all trying to get one for MSRP.

It is possible... I got one for MSRP you can too.. you just gotta play it smart and call alot of dealerships
Old 05-01-2008, 06:24 AM
GTRForums Staff

Its a heated debate and people will always bend the truth on both sides. The vette guys seem to be the most defensive about the situation as this is one of the first bang for buck cars the threaten them. I doubt the debate will come to an end soon, but clearly a stock vette cant run an 11 flat, so something is up with that guy
Old 05-03-2008, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
Its a heated debate and people will always bend the truth on both sides. The vette guys seem to be the most defensive about the situation as this is one of the first bang for buck cars the threaten them. I doubt the debate will come to an end soon, but clearly a stock vette cant run an 11 flat, so something is up with that guy
Im not sure why the vette guys are being such ***-holes about it. I post on the vette boards to and they really get upset about the GT-R. Personally I love the car, competiton is a good thing.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:02 PM
GTR Senior Member

Im not sure why the vette guys are being such ***-holes about it. I post on the vette boards to and they really get upset about the GT-R. Personally I love the car, competiton is a good thing.
i agree, they're both great cars, they're entirely different but both awesome and really fast
Old 05-04-2008, 05:36 AM
Lue

Vette fan boys, lol

j/k, well, mostly.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:59 AM
GTRForums Staff

My experience in reality with vette guys has usually been pretty positive. Previously in my STI, I used to run with the Z06s at sebring, and even when I was faster, they were always nice and complimentary. Not to mention intersted in what the car was. The ones that were faster never rubbed it in and were also nice. Internet ads a different quality to discussions. The reality is that each car is good and has its loyal fan base. Some are angry because they feel threatened, some because they honestly think the car is not what it is hyped to be. The second part should be solved pretty quickly
Old 05-05-2008, 10:30 AM
GTR Senior Member

yeah, i think that there are positive and negative car owners for every type of car made

there are annoying muscle car owners who meet certain stereotypes, there are annoying import owners who street race and rice their cars to hell

there are awesome exotic owners, and huge a$$hole ones

i'm sure that some cars attract certain owners more than others, but sweeping generalizations don't take anyone very far
Old 05-20-2008, 12:37 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve
Hey guys just wanted to show you how full of crap some people are..

I was on youtube and saw a video of some guy who posted a video saying

"Stock Z06 11.54@127 Faster Than GTR AND VIPER "

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZYmgBxX7S4Q&feature=related

.. apparently they said its faster then the VIPER and the GTR!!

but i decided to do some more research and found the same car in another video.. interesting isnt it ..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ttO4gIlyq6E

In that video he runs an 11 flat.. And its the same car.. same exhaust sound.. I didnt realize that Z06 can run 11 flat.. I smell BUll****..

so yeah there you go guys.. more of this Z06 vs GTR rival and its sad to see Corvette lovers stoop this low and turn into liars to prove something that they cant..

thanks and enjoy
Believe it or not, im prertty sure there are more than 2 yellow Z06s in the world. How does any of this show how full of crap anyone is? Even if by chance it is the same car, if the guy is capable of 11 flat im sure he capable of 11.5.
Why so much hate for the Vette, been burned by too many?

Quick Reply: American Muscle car liars.