GTRForums News & Rumors Check this forum for the latest news in the GTR community and rumors about existing and future Skyline GTR models.

Recent GTR Info From Edmunds

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:46 PM
GTR Senior Member

update

i just re-read my older post from September 2005, and i am 100% correct so far. my guesses have been proven right since that post.

so i will give myself a pat on the back.

the GTR looks awesome to me, by the way. i was thinking it would be. the biggest guess i have made since then, which has yet to be proven or disproven, has been the engine to be a V8. that's a bit more of a risk to declare that, but i think Nissan will surprise us with something unexpected. they already have surprised us by calling the name "Nissan GTR" when they were using sleight of hand this whole time, making us all believe it would be Infiniti.

thank god it is not called Infiniti GTR. i never liked that idea. too stupid.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:45 AM

Lemme guess another person who's worried about being right.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:10 AM
GTRForums Staff

Couple tidbits of info I have received. May not be totally new info

500hp or more (not likely to be the 400 number printed everywhere)

New advanced dry clutch paddle shift available

Questionabe if it will use the AWD system based on that of the past skylines.

Also, I have heard from good sources that we can rule out the v8, but cant be 100 percent sure
Old 06-05-2006, 11:26 AM
GTR Senior Member

yes, the prospects for a V8 are pretty much dwindling. i've been reading similar things. as well, i do feel the paddle shift will be an option rather than the only offering. i think, too, there will be model variants, if not eventually, for the GTR as we see in the Porsche 911. in this vein, i'm guessing there may be automatic GTRs as well.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:29 AM
GTR Senior Member

insofar as the ATTESA, that appears nearly entirely replaced mechanically with an eAWD system with individual electric motors to the front wheels. and talk of HICAS has lately shfited my thinking a bit to the negative insofar as expecting that feature.

but as you say, who knows the real truth.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:07 PM
GTRForums Staff

Yeah, I was also refering to the likely use of the eAWD as it is a newer system, and although i dont perosnally know much about this, apparently the different size tires(diameter) is a problem for the attesa computer.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:35 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by BBY04
yeah thats me richard. just doing some research. i was thinking about it, and to add to my earlier post, not only should this car easily out perform and evo, but for the money involved it needs to outperform the new Z06. i have heard/read nothing but fantastic reviews of the bad boy. Car and Driver calls it the "best domestic ever made" and the "corvette from hell". seeing as they are both in a similar (speculated) price range they could easily be direct competition. just my .02 or maybe a .05.
I read car and driver too! from what ive read, in last months issue (i believe..) many, many of the fans say that even though the 'vette is an awesome track car and can outperform the 911, its not as drivable as the 911. they say that it's too loud and too hot for comfortable everyday commute. i would agree. ive been in my friend's vette a few times, and its not that comfortable. any car maker can stick an all powerful 550hp+ engine in a good looking car, but it takes a select few automakers to make it drive AWESOME! i would prefer a 911 over a corvette, and when some corvette driver brags that he can outperform my car for a quarter the price, i would smirk wrapped in my leather racing seat in my wonderfully air conned car with an incredibly smooth ride and drive on. im not bashing corvettes here...i like em, i would love to have that v-10! i do not deny that a stock corvette could beat most of the competition, but it's just my preferance if i had a choice between those certain cars. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:42 PM
GTR Senior Member

which 911 are you meaning versus the corvette? the GT3? the 997tt? which one?
Old 07-11-2006, 05:53 PM
GTR Member

well the magazine stated that the new corvette would be able to pretty much beat the whole 911 lineup. if i were to choose, it would be between the GT3 and the turbo. all the others are just body changes, not much in performance. the 911 turbo brings out about 480hp, while the GT3 is supposedly topping 500hp, matching the corvette almost. but then the GT3 is going to be limited, and since it is built to true racing standards, there will probly only be about 500ish sold worldwide. enzo status. maybe $500k USD each, much like the Carrera GT, but the GT has way more horses.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:44 PM
GTR Senior Member

997tt is AWD. Z06 cannot beat that.

Quick Reply: Recent GTR Info From Edmunds