GTRForums News & Rumors Check this forum for the latest news in the GTR community and rumors about existing and future Skyline GTR models.

Recent GTR Info From Edmunds

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 12:09 PM
spt
GTR Senior Member

Recent GTR Info From Edmunds

Source: Edmunds.com
------------------------------------------------------

2008 Infiniti GT-R

Date Posted 05-23-2005
The 2008 Nissan Skyline may be a couple years away, but we've got the latest spy pictures of a new prototype caught testing on the Nurburgring. Expected to come to the U.S. wearing the Infiniti GT-R badge, this super coupe from Nissan is the car that Japanese rivals like the Subaru WRX and Mitsubishi Evolution aspire to.

We've seen this prototype before, but closer examination reveals some variations that have been added since its last sighting. The rear fascia wears an extended bumper section that hints at the GT-R's longer overall length compared to the current Japanese market Nissan Skyline, otherwise known as the Infiniti G35 in the U.S. The view from behind also reveals pronounced front-quarter panels that extend beyond the G35's stock bodywork suggesting a considerably wider track up front. Same goes for the rear quarters, as the view from the front shows some wide wheelwells destined to house some serious rubber.

Regardless of whether it comes over wearing the Nissan Skyline GT-R badge or the Infiniti GT-R nameplate, expect the usual combination of serious horsepower, all-wheel drive and Nissan's latest technological hardware. Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn suggested in a speech to expect around 400 hp from what will probably be a twin-turbo version of Nissan's VQ V6. Internet chatter has also brought up the possibility of a seven-speed sequential gearbox, but even if that doesn't come to fruition a standard six-speed manual should be part of the package.

Ghosn has also gone on record with the promise of a production version for the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show, but a recent report suggests that yet another concept version may be shown at this year's Tokyo show. Rest assured that regardless of when the Nissan's replacement for the Skyline hits the streets it will be one of the fastest supercars Japan has ever produced.
Attached Thumbnails Recent GTR Info From Edmunds-edmundsgtrpic.jpg   Recent GTR Info From Edmunds-edmundsgtrpic2.jpg  
Old 05-27-2005, 10:56 PM
GTR Senior Member

appreciate the update.

dunno why they say "2008" now.
looks like the G35 with a wide-body kit. looks neat. but is prolly only a test-car. i'd drive it.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:47 PM

cause its coming out in '08. I mentioned this on my site, and NOW everyone is saying it.
Not thats its bad they be taking a hint.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:12 AM

We need a great Japanes car here in the US, just like this one. The real Japanes "Power" cars are things of the past as of now.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:59 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by dave
cause its coming out in '08. I mentioned this on my site, and NOW everyone is saying it.
Not thats its bad they be taking a hint.
maybe it will come out in 2007 as an '08 model. perhaps that is what they meant.

Last edited by bonzelite; 05-30-2005 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by bonzelite
maybe it will come out in 2007 as an '08 model. perhaps that is what they meant.
Possibly?
Old 05-31-2005, 10:59 AM

I can't wait for it to come out. By that time my evo will be paid off.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:50 PM

"'06 Shelby GT500 vs '07 Infiniti GTR"

Come join the rediculous arguments!

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...7&page=9&pp=15
Old 08-13-2005, 12:46 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by ghostx
"'06 Shelby GT500 vs '07 Infiniti GTR"

Come join the rediculous arguments!

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...7&page=9&pp=15
i read about 7 pages of it. it goes on and on about the GT500 mustang and the Z06 corvette. ?? --in an often "anti-GTR" bias. they're comparing the GTR to the mustang and corvette, as if the GTR will be crap compared them. the posts are full of misinformed opinions and just overall stupidity.

i'm not even going to reply to their thread.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:29 PM

Realize that the pictures show a test mule, so I hope that the GTR will have a more distinct look. I have a G-35 coupe and like the looks. While I always assumed the new GTR would be based on the G-35 platform, I am looking for more that just a "slightly" modified G-35 look. Especially at over twice the price of the G-35.

Quick Reply: Recent GTR Info From Edmunds