GTRForums News & Rumors Check this forum for the latest news in the GTR community and rumors about existing and future Skyline GTR models.

Nissan plans on taking steps to prevent dealer markups on GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:03 AM

TOGTR2007 Please PM me the information.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:34 PM

I hate to say it, but as hard as it will be to wait...I think I am going to wait until the second year of GT-Rs is in circulation before I purchase.

I have a tendency to be a lemon-magnet when I get first-year models.
Got a 2003 Nissan 350Z that saw the inside of the service bay more than my garage.....got a CTS-V back in 2004 that overheated and had many problems as well.

Better to be safe than sorry, and I'd hate to hafta go through that all over again.

Anyone have an idea how many years the GT-R will be in production?
I know they said there will be less than 10,000 units sold in 2008, but I don't know what that means for 2009.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:28 PM

http://www.ardmorenissan.com/
Right on their website, that's Ardmore Nissan in Ardmore, PA. They are asking around $81K. Ask for Mike Nichols!

http://www.conicellinissan.com/index.htm
Their website don't say they have it but we talked to the sales manager in there, they'll carry two. But they are asking close to 30K over MSRP. I said thanks but no thanks so I didn't get any names.

Last edited by theycallmebutter; 01-03-2008 at 03:30 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 01-03-2008, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by stiboy
TOGTR2007 Please PM me the information.

Done,
Old 01-04-2008, 07:28 AM
GTRForums Staff

Originally Posted by MKIV
I hate to say it, but as hard as it will be to wait...I think I am going to wait until the second year of GT-Rs is in circulation before I purchase.

I have a tendency to be a lemon-magnet when I get first-year models.
Got a 2003 Nissan 350Z that saw the inside of the service bay more than my garage.....got a CTS-V back in 2004 that overheated and had many problems as well.

Better to be safe than sorry, and I'd hate to hafta go through that all over again.

Anyone have an idea how many years the GT-R will be in production?
I know they said there will be less than 10,000 units sold in 2008, but I don't know what that means for 2009.

I believe 1500 units for 2008 is the number. No idea how many they will sell in total, and I dont think they know either. I am sure they will ramp up production if they see demand for it. If you can stand it, waiting is not only good to avoid possible early production problems and recalls, but to avoid the markup as well. After the first round or two, prices should come down quite a bit
Old 01-04-2008, 09:05 AM

yeah i believe the demand is there. I might be a little biased though. I am an entry level engineer that wont be able to get this car for the next 4 years forget the markups.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:59 PM
GTR Member

I have already had two offers of 10k to take my #1 spot on the list at my dealers.

I have " A Signed Notorized Agreement for MSRP" with my dealer. BTW my dealers getting 2 cars for sure and maybe a 3rd. There are 8 people behind me on the list and all of them agreed to " Market ajustment price" whatever that will be.

I have to thank the guys at AMS for making me aware of the GT-R and it's potenial over a year ago. I quickly put my deposit down and put together with the sales manager the above agreement.

I went through the whole over MSRP thing with the Z06. I wasn't on the list for an 06 and they were asking as much as 20k over when they first came out.

I waited until 07 and paid MSRP and now you can get an 08 for up to 8k off msrp at quite a few dealers.....OH well at least I had a year of fun driving it.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:12 PM

ft. myers dealer

Originally Posted by TOGTR2007
I went into a dealer personally today in SW Florida. Strangely open on new years day... The sales staff there had recently been briefed on the strict rule of very little markup on the car. I was told 70 K$ was the price, there was no funny business and if any dealer tries they could be reprimanded by Nissan. I could have put a down payment to hold one for March delivery this afternoon - only $2000.00, would give me one of the their first 7 deliveries. (promised delivery but who knows?)

It was smart you guys refusing that mark-up. Shop around and complain to Nissan head office about how you were treated!

As much as i want to get this car , I'm going to be patient and wait a few extra months so I can get the color and options i want to live with for the many years of pleasure to come after finally taking delivery.
also from the same dealer, they say all 7 slot are taken, and the price will be around $80 grand
Old 01-04-2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by invertcharlie
also from the same dealer, they say all 7 slot are taken, and the price will be around $80 grand
Pm'ed as requested...

I read here in your local paper that Nissan is not doing so hot in overall sales for 2007. They had the biggest slump of all manufacturers compared to 1 year ago. Hopefully the GTR can change their direction with all this hype. They have "Z's" in the lot listing (starting) at $28,000. Thats a real deal for decent little sporty car with out of the dealer 300hp. That same car in Toronto is $50,000.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:53 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by theycallmebutter
http://www.ardmorenissan.com/
Right on their website, that's Ardmore Nissan in Ardmore, PA. They are asking around $81K. Ask for Mike Nichols!

http://www.conicellinissan.com/index.htm
Their website don't say they have it but we talked to the sales manager in there, they'll carry two. But they are asking close to 30K over MSRP. I said thanks but no thanks so I didn't get any names.

Actualy they are asking for 100K FYI.

Quick Reply: Nissan plans on taking steps to prevent dealer markups on GT-R