GTRForums News & Rumors Check this forum for the latest news in the GTR community and rumors about existing and future Skyline GTR models.

Infinit or Nissan for GT-R_debate

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:57 PM

How about Datsun?

I know I'm late to this thread, but I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone cares.

Nissan's greatest car, with impact far beyond its sports car target market, was a Datsun, for cry'n out loud!

My point here (even though this thread is probably moot with the announcement that the GT-R will be a Nissan) is that the mark does not matter, it is the car that matters.

Does ANYONEe really care that the Ford GT is a Ford, not a Lincoln? Or that a Corvette is purchased at a Chevy dealer? No, which is why Cadillac XLRs are not selling.

As a member of the over-50 set, with enough disposable income to buy a GT-R (I think....), I do not know anyone in my crowd so feeble minded that they care more about the badge than the car.

Besides, if there really is a market for an "Infinity GT-R", then likely they will get a version a year or two after the Nissan launch with "rich Corinthian Leather", an extra 300 pounds of sound deading, and a $10,000 price premium, for those fools who care more for the badge than the car.

I like Datsun, myself!

Repeat after me: "the 2008 Datsun GT-R" Kinda has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

--Leftcoastjayhawk
Old 12-16-2006, 12:28 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by leftcoastjayhawk
I know I'm late to this thread, but I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone cares.
mmmkay......

Nissan's greatest car, with impact far beyond its sports car target market, was a Datsun, for cry'n out loud!
what are your criteria for greatest car?

My point here (even though this thread is probably moot with the announcement that the GT-R will be a Nissan) is that the mark does not matter, it is the car that matters.
they're inseparable as icons. i can expound if you begin to reply to this. your clueless, yet highly boastful, tone is hilarious.

Does ANYONEe really care that the Ford GT is a Ford, not a Lincoln? Or that a Corvette is purchased at a Chevy dealer? No, which is why Cadillac XLRs are not selling.
mmm. wow. you should run for CEO and break this news to them.

As a member of the over-50 set, with enough disposable income to buy a GT-R (I think....), I do not know anyone in my crowd so feeble minded that they care more about the badge than the car.
yes, and condescendingly you have got it all figured out...

Besides, if there really is a market for an "Infinity GT-R", then likely they will get a version a year or two after the Nissan launch with "rich Corinthian Leather", an extra 300 pounds of sound deading, and a $10,000 price premium, for those fools who care more for the badge than the car.
...and you're in-the-know and should be looked up to as one whose opinion is much informed.

I like Datsun, myself!

Repeat after me: "the 2008 Datsun GT-R" Kinda has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

--Leftcoastjayhawk
GTR has never been Datsun. ever. never

a reply to this post will be extremely amusing
Old 12-17-2006, 01:32 AM

Datsun GTR just sounds gross.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:38 PM
GTR Member

http://www.leftlanenews.com/will-nis...after-all.html

I cannot start a new thread, but someone post this as a new thread.... RUMORS that the GTR may actually be an INFINITI after ALL!!!!

-Shahul