GTRForums News & Rumors Check this forum for the latest news in the GTR community and rumors about existing and future Skyline GTR models.

GT-R Proto at Tokyo Motor Show 2005

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:49 AM

GT-R Proto at Tokyo Motor Show 2005

Found this site. Says source is Nissan.http://www.carbodydesign.com/concept...-gtr-proto.php
Old 10-06-2005, 08:43 AM

i hate to say it, but it looks like the new eclipse. i'll be dissapointed if it looks anything near that concept.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:22 AM

Always hard to tell from just a rendering. You can always find similarites between car designs. For me, this drawing reminds me of some of the supra drawings that have seen posted.

Personally, I like this GTR drawing more than any of the other ones I have seen.

We should get a better idea in a few weeks.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:49 PM

Found this on freshalloy.com. No other info.

Looks like the rendering above.
Attached Thumbnails GT-R Proto at Tokyo Motor Show 2005-gt-r.jpg  
Old 10-07-2005, 08:23 AM

i guess, someone had posted similar pics on one of the 350Z forums, and nissan asked the owner to remove them. they were attached into another website, and looked pretty close to those in this link. who knows though, nissan couldve done it cause they were dead on, or wayyy off.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:58 PM

Well,

Looks like Nissan has its website up.

www.gtrproto.com
Old 10-08-2005, 11:05 AM

As long as it's AWD and turbo I'm in.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:37 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by dragon
Found this site. Says source is Nissan.http://www.carbodydesign.com/concept...-gtr-proto.php
what an awesome site. thanks much.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:50 AM

Glad you like it. You into car design?

I'm wondering if the GTR-proto is only going to be a shell at the TMS, or will it have an actual interior, etc. to be displayed?
Old 10-12-2005, 11:17 AM
GTR Senior Member

soon we will be showered with christmas

Originally Posted by dragon
Glad you like it. You into car design?

I'm wondering if the GTR-proto is only going to be a shell at the TMS, or will it have an actual interior, etc. to be displayed?
yeah, i do concepts.

the GT-R Proto will be fully *visually* "there." you will be able to walk around it, or at least near it, and glimpse the inside. will the hood be up? i doubt it. concept presentations seldom ever reveal the engine. will the mechanicals be there? maybe some, but i doubt the real car is there because it is not in production yet. and i am willing to bet that by this time exactly (as the concept car is already ready), it has not yet even been homologated (as it WILL be homologated).

bear in mind, too, that what we will see may not quite yet be the GT-R as it will be actually produced. it will be the closest ever to what will be the car, maybe even as much as 99% (as you can see in the Proto sketches that it reveals the front and rear, and overall body treatment --much of which was left to pure imagination and hoax as seen in the hundreds of versions of what it "really" will look like, from every tom, ****, and harry).

the funny thing is that after all of the millions of guesses and drawings and "sightings" of what it will be, the recent sketches from Nissan resemble MOST (at least to me) the very first prototype design and shell! (it was even put into the Gran Turismo 4 game).

for example, i recall from a few years ago, when i attended that year's LA International Auto Show at Anaheim, they had the Chrysler Crossfire concept car on display. and i was impressed and surprised (i liked the design of it, very elegant and different, almost like a classic motor car from decades past). and i said to myself "man, that'd be cool if they actually made the car just like that." and they DID! --they changed nothing. that was "it." pretty cool.

so we may be seeing, on the other hand, the actual final design of the GT-R --but i will guess they will extend the drama all the way up until final release. after all, this is a monumental reissue of an international legend. they're teasing us 'til the end!