General General forums for the GTR community.

Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by darstar007
Yeah, so is your Porsche. Big whoop. At $70K it's wayyyyy more interesting.
Don't be so bitter play boi, it's all in good fun
Old 02-08-2008, 07:00 PM

I talked to about 15 dealers across the country today. Most of them did not give me a straight answer. They had not decided yet. I spoke with the general sales manager at a dealership in Arizona who told me he will end up no more than 10k over.
A dealer in VA has promised me a specific car with all options I want for 20k over. What do you guys think? If the R8 can sell 50k over, the GTR certainly should.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:13 PM
GTRForums Staff

Originally Posted by hamdog
I talked to about 15 dealers across the country today. Most of them did not give me a straight answer. They had not decided yet. I spoke with the general sales manager at a dealership in Arizona who told me he will end up no more than 10k over.
A dealer in VA has promised me a specific car with all options I want for 20k over. What do you guys think? If the R8 can sell 50k over, the GTR certainly should.
The R8 is a completely different story. Well optioned, they have an MSRP of 130k and are a super car in every respect. A GTR is a great car for a great price, but not the same. Anything over 20k is just silly to me, and even at 20k, I'll wait.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:33 AM

I am the General Sales Manager at Bill Hood Nissan in Hammond, Louisiana. We are allocated 3 GTRs for the first model year. I am in charge of handling the sale of these units. I am offering my first pre-sale at MSRP + $10,000. I have talked to several of my peers at surrounding dealerships, and they are all planning on asking 10 - 20 thousand over list. If anyone is interested, I will be glad to assist you.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:19 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by BILL_HOOD_NISSAN
I am the General Sales Manager at Bill Hood Nissan in Hammond, Louisiana. We are allocated 3 GTRs for the first model year. I am in charge of handling the sale of these units. I am offering my first pre-sale at MSRP + $10,000. I have talked to several of my peers at surrounding dealerships, and they are all planning on asking 10 - 20 thousand over list. If anyone is interested, I will be glad to assist you.
I'll be interested when you decide to represent Nisasan as a honest automobile company which it is....Your kind of dealerships will ruin sales and Nissan WILL pull the car from the US(think SUPRA etc.).
Our great country is heading into a economic depression.....WRONG time to rip people off...(Just some friendly advice)
Good Luck
Old 02-14-2008, 11:02 AM

MSRP - Manufacturer SUGGESTED Retail Price

We sell cars all day every day BELOW INVOICE. Be glad to sell you a Titan for $10,000 off MSRP. Fortunately we do not have to do this with the GTR. Furthermore, anyone who is willing and able to drop $80,000 on a car is not worried about the "economic depression". Thanks for the advice though.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:42 AM
spt
GTR Senior Member

We sell cars all day every day BELOW INVOICE. Be glad to sell you a Titan for $10,000 off MSRP. Fortunately we do not have to do this with the GTR. Furthermore, anyone who is willing and able to drop $80,000 on a car is not worried about the "economic depression". Thanks for the advice though.
I agree that dealers are probably running into situations that after market part vendors are dealing with where everyone is basically trying find a part/car at the cheapest price. I do agree that it is natural for any business to use a product like the GTR to earn more revenue where they can by attaching a markup. With a high demand it's difficult not to do something like that especially when people are willing to pay.

The only thing that upsets me is the fact that some dealers really go so far in marking up this car that it loses its intended purpose of why Nissan made this car in the first place. It also tells me that they are willing to take advantage of people that don't know any better. A $10,000 markup is pretty reasonable on a car like this but I believe the real issues are with the ones charging $30k +. With a markup that high you are basically paying the same as you would have if you wanted a GT3 which wasn't in Nissan's plans to do so. I think the dealers charging the outrageous markups now are only hurting themselves in the long run. Eventually they will realize these cars are mass produced and if they get labeled as people charging big markups it will be difficult to change that image. It would probably mean they will have to discount the heck out of them which won't be good for existing owners and other dealers.

I think if you are unwilling to pay the markup just wait. The car will eventually come down in price. It happens with most cars and the GTR shouldn't be any different.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:44 AM

Exclamation

Good Luck on Your sales..Hope You make a lot of money for the dealership..
I'll stick with my Crown Vic for now...
Old 02-14-2008, 11:48 AM

Exclamation ?

[quote=spt;4616]I agree that dealers are probably running into situations that after market part vendors are dealing with where everyone is basically trying find a part/car at the cheapest price. I do agree that it is natural for any business to use a product like the GTR to earn more revenue where they can by attaching a markup. With a high demand it's difficult not to do something like that especially when people are willing to pay.

The only thing that upsets me is the fact that some dealers really go so far in marking up this car that it loses its intended purpose of why Nissan made this car in the first place. It also tells me that they are willing to take advantage of people that don't know any better. A $10,000 markup is pretty reasonable on a car like this but I believe the real issues are with the ones charging $30k +. With a markup that high you are basically paying the same as you would have if you wanted a GT3 which wasn't in Nissan's plans to do so. I think the dealers charging the outrageous markups now are only hurting themselves in the long run. Eventually they will realize these cars are mass produced and if they get labeled as people charging big markups it will be difficult to change that image. It would probably mean they will have to discount the heck out of them which won't be good for existing owners and other dealers.

I think it would be a great idea to produce a sticky list of 'Super markup greedy dealers', so that we can avoid doing business with them....when prices come down to MSRP..
Just a thought...?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:53 AM
spt
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by rastmp

I think it would be a great idea to produce a sticky list of 'Super markup greedy dealers', so that we can avoid doing business with them....when prices come down to MSRP..
Just a thought...?

I rather just list the dealers that are selling the cars at a reasonable price. There's no sense in bringing more attention to the ones that don't deserve it. Plus it will make it easier for the person looking to buy a GTR to see a list of where they should go rather then where they shouldn't .

Quick Reply: Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.