General General forums for the GTR community.

Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:57 PM
GTR Member

I do not see Nissan dealers going under 10 - 20K over for a long time. They are being forced by Nissan to spend 50 grand just to sell the car. They must send at least 2 techs to Japan to learn how the car works. This is a HUGE leap for a dealer that is used to selling Sentras and Maximas for 30 grand. All the dealers that I spoke to are quite frankly not interested in even talking right now about the first 2 cars they get.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:42 PM
GTR Member

I think 10-20 is too low a figure 30-40 is more like it, esp. out here in Cali.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:47 PM

but I heard GTR will only make three years then discontinous. I am not sure is that true?
Old 01-28-2008, 09:31 AM
GTR Member

Not true. The GT-R has been make continually since 1989. Why on earth would nissan make a low production car wit ha 3 year lifespan? Makes no sense financially.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:02 AM

No dealer will sell these at MSRP knowing how much hype the car is attracting right now. It's all supply demand, if there are people who's willing to pay 20k-30k, me being included, they will be sold to those people first. That's the beauty of capitalism
Old 01-31-2008, 03:31 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by chosunman
No dealer will sell these at MSRP knowing how much hype the car is attracting right now. It's all supply demand, if there are people who's willing to pay 20k-30k, me being included, they will be sold to those people first. That's the beauty of capitalism

True, but underpricing this limited-edition car is just plain dishonest by Nissan.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by darstar007
True, but underpricing this limited-edition car is just plain dishonest by Nissan.
I don't know, that's like saying Garth Brooks (or his promoter) is dishonest for pricing the entire arena at $50.00 per ticket for his concerts, knowing that most of the good seats will end up in the hands of Ticket Brokers and be sold for hundreds if not thousands, depending on how good the seats are. He made people think they had a chance at getting them for $50.00, when in all reality, for anybody that's ever tried to get tickets through that awful website know damn well that you're lucky to even get tickets, let alone get GOOD tickets. But at least he gives the fans that slight chance. So would it be more honest of him to charge $500.00 a seat for the first 10 rows, since the supply is limited of those seats? Maybe Nissan should just put sticker at $100k? Would that be more honest of either of them? I don't think the dealers or Nissan are being dishonest. I have to agree with cho, it's all about supply and demand. Limited quantity + High Demand = High prices. Just like Cho said, capitalism. I personally think capitalism is a beautiful thing, being a self employed highly motivated individual that makes money off of market inefficiencies and high demand for certain products in the industry I work in.

Unlike Cho though, I don't think I'm willing to pay more than maybe 5k over sticker, if that much, so I'll probably end up driving the new Lexus ISF instead, but I'm not going to be bitter at Nissan or dealers for marking the car up. If the market will bear it, I can't blame them one bit.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:03 PM
GTR Member

Not bitter at all. It's just a publicity stunt that I don't appreciate. All this "most affordable supercar ever". BS. By limiting production, Nissan knows damn well that the car won't sell for much less than $100K. If they pump up production eventually, I could change my opinion. I do understand them wanting to gouge folks who want to give their money away like it means nothing.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:20 AM

Dude, the car is worth 100k, just look at the specs man!!!!! I'd sell one of my kids if I can have the car now
Old 02-01-2008, 09:49 AM
GTR Member

Yeah, so is your Porsche. Big whoop. At $70K it's wayyyyy more interesting.

Quick Reply: Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.