General General forums for the GTR community.

Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 04:43 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by bd307
lol...BTW, I am actually looking for 2. That could be more attractive to some dealers.
There is a local dealer who has 2 right now but they are being stupid about the car and selling both to the highest bidder. I actually went to them first back in Feb. but they played dumb about the car because they had no intention in pre selling them.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:51 PM

I guess we have to wait until there are more. I seriously think Nissan is holding out the cars to build the hype.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:51 AM

I was told by one dealer that Nissan will be building fewer GTR's next year....which didn't make sense to me and right away I said to myself, well its probably because there will be 2 versions. The GTR and the GTR-VSPEC. I also suspect he was aware of that, but decided to leave that part out in hopes of making me think it will be harder to get one next year. Be patient and let the market decide what happens.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:04 PM
GTR Senior Member

I have heard there will be fewer each year as well as super silver being cut next year. I understand that there will be much fewer V-Specs than regular GT-R. I remember hearing that a dealer will probably get 2 max.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:41 PM

Considering the amount of money Nissan must have invested in this program, buidling fewer cars each year makes little to no sense to me, unless they intended all along to lose money.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:27 PM
GTR Senior Member

They never intended on making a lot off the GT-R, most company's halo car never does. The idea is for the tech to trickle down to less expensive cars.

Remember that the golden age of attainable horsepower is going to end soon and nissan knows this.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:56 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Catapult5
They never intended on making a lot off the GT-R, most company's halo car never does. The idea is for the tech to trickle down to less expensive cars.
Exactly. However, if I remember correctly Carlos Ghosn said that if the car was not profitable he would have no trouble axing the car and Nissan has said that the car was not profitable but they hope the technology/platform would trickle down (maybe to Inifiniti's own version?) in the long term.

If it weren't for all the $100k's GTR at dealerships, there would not be very many if at all GTR's lying around. I find it odd that Nissan would release a V-spec so soon, generally manufacturers want to do that after interest die down from the base model to help jump start sales/interest.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:08 PM
GTR Senior Member

Well Chevy released the Z06 just a year later so it's not unheard of. I'm interested in the V-Spec but from the pictures so far I'm not in love with the wheels, I think that my DMG wheels are already works of art and just look right on the vehicle. I'm not a skilled enough driver to realize the difference in lighter wheels so I hope there is some type of option.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:31 PM
GTR Member

That's true. But the Corvette wasn't exactly selling like hotcakes and the production vol was very high and one can get one for less than MSRP (not the Z06) at the time so introducing a performance model to spur more interest made more sense for Chevy as oppose to Nissan which doesn't have any trouble selling the GTR.

In any case, you always have that $25,000 Rays rim and suspension package from Nismo if the Vspec did came with those rims we see at the Ring

I know this may never happen but I prefer a traditional 6-speed.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:49 PM
GTR Senior Member

Yeah I could go with the Rays but then again I kind of like what COBB is using right now. I don't think I will ever buy aftermarket rims as I like to keep the outside looking stock.

A 6-speed would be nice for purists but I already have the Bullitt if I feel like rowing myself. The paddle shifters are a bit addicting.

Quick Reply: Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.