General General forums for the GTR community.

New Official Nissan Preview (Tokyo Motorshow Preview)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 10:50 PM
GTR Senior Member

400R R33GTR Nismo

Originally Posted by shadz
I know that...but I wasn't looking for the R34, not enough aftermarket body options for it that I liked. I am, however, planning on an R33 to tune, which is about $20K cheaper than either....
i understand.

a Nismo 400R GTR kit is one of my favorites for the R33:
Attached Thumbnails New Official Nissan Preview (Tokyo Motorshow Preview)-bluer33a.jpg   New Official Nissan Preview (Tokyo Motorshow Preview)-bluer33d.jpg   New Official Nissan Preview (Tokyo Motorshow Preview)-bluer33b.jpg  
Old 10-21-2005, 08:54 AM

Bonzelite can u tell me how mutch aproximately will be for me to have a skyline GT-R R34 here in US? First without aftermarket spec's and how much the spec's will be?!?
Old 10-21-2005, 11:03 AM
GTR Senior Member

pay to play

Originally Posted by lightwizard
Bonzelite can u tell me how mutch aproximately will be for me to have a skyline GT-R R34 here in US? First without aftermarket spec's and how much the spec's will be?!?
$85,000 to $95,000 for a stock R34 GTR.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:48 PM

Nice i will start saving right about now and hope that will have the money in 2-3 years keep your fingers crossed for me.

And is there anything special in your galant. Can i see some pictures of it.

And one more thing are they going to import new GT-Rs here in US and who MotorX or nissan and also aproximately price of the proto GT-R

I hope to win the lottary soon i want one of these

Last edited by lightwizard; 10-21-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:34 PM
GTR Senior Member

Gvr-4

my VR-4 has Web cams, Tial BOV (non-recirc blow through setup/after the turbo), Starion FMIC, big 16g turbo, GM MAF, SX fpr, RC engineering 550 injectors, Walboro fuel pump, ACT 2600, Apex'i SAFC 2, VDO gauges, no cats, Optima redtop, 2g Eclipse short throw, KYB AGX, 2g head, 1g block bored .20, Megan Racing exhaust system.

the car is stock in appearance. all pollution control is removed. the car is currently at GT Pro undergoing tuning of the SAFC 2 with a newer FMIC to be installed.
Attached Thumbnails New Official Nissan Preview (Tokyo Motorshow Preview)-driverside.jpg   New Official Nissan Preview (Tokyo Motorshow Preview)-front.jpg   New Official Nissan Preview (Tokyo Motorshow Preview)-enginebay.jpg   New Official Nissan Preview (Tokyo Motorshow Preview)-passfront.jpg   New Official Nissan Preview (Tokyo Motorshow Preview)-passrear2.jpg  

New Official Nissan Preview (Tokyo Motorshow Preview)-passside.jpg   New Official Nissan Preview (Tokyo Motorshow Preview)-rear.jpg   New Official Nissan Preview (Tokyo Motorshow Preview)-interior1.jpg   New Official Nissan Preview (Tokyo Motorshow Preview)-interior2.jpg  
Old 10-21-2005, 01:39 PM
GTR Senior Member

Gvr-4

by the way, the nebraska plate is from the prior owner. i bought a one-way ticket to Lincoln, Nebraska and drove her cross country back to LA. i went through some of the prettiest country i've ever seen in my life.

also, that older AFC and big fat white wire you see in the interior is not in my car anymore. that ugly thing was kept by the owner, thank goodness. and the car looks dirty as hell in these photos, too. i'll post better ones later when some more stuff has been done to it.

Last edited by bonzelite; 10-21-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:54 PM
GTR Senior Member

back on topic

to get back to the thread topic, the GTR will be available worldwide. this has been known for years now.

cost is still uncertain. but everyone is getting the idea it will not be affordable to the middle of the road buyer. it will be up there beyond $60k. probably near $70k or higher. like Dodge Viper level of entry.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:16 PM

So you mean it will be more affordable than the R34

sounds perfect to me

then i'll be able to take new one in couple of years.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:45 PM
GTR Senior Member

i have no crystal ball, but it very well may be less expensive than a MotoRex import. 2007 GT-R will be US legal for sale right away.

if you already do not have a house, i would instead save the $ for a home downpayment. forget the car. then, after a couple of years, with some equity, get an equity line of credit (2nd mortgage line of credit). then buy the GT-R with cash --money you will owe your mortgage company. i do nearly guarantee that the interest rates on 2nd mortgages will be better than anything you will get through an automotive finance company. just be aware that a 2nd will be a variable rate.

this way, you actually buy the GT-R through an investment entity, ie, your house, that will not lose value as the GT-R will.

should you really do this? well, that is your own risk. you must weigh the consequences. you must decide how willing you are to live this way. to invest this kind of money in this manner. and it is how you play your cards. you must have enough money already to offset the mortgage plus the extra 2nd mortgage that will really be your GT-R.

if you decide to make only payments on a car, and continue to rent, then you are ever farther from EVER buying a house, mind you. you will not be able to physically save enough money if you are renting PLUS having a huge car payment. but if you wait, save, drive a paid-for beater, make a downpayment on a house, the GT-R is CLOSER to you and you have a true assest value nest egg in the making.

one of the biggest things that denies younger people of savings, or future assets, is their intoxication over buying a new car. it perpetually keeps them "down," as they spend way beyond their means. or they live just at the means, barely really making it, living from paycheck to paycheck. a GT-R should be a well-deserved reward to oneself after they've somewhat settled down with a good investment portfolio already functioning and making them money.

just a thought. buy whatever you wish. you will anyway.

Last edited by bonzelite; 10-21-2005 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 10-21-2005, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by bonzelite
a GT-R should be a well-deserved reward to oneself after they've somewhat settled down with a good investment portfolio already functioning and making them money.
This statement should really be retracted as it doesn't take into account alot of factors and only specifies the relationship of having a portfolio and settling down when many other situations can and would warrant any sort of ideas one would use to facilitate the purchase of a car in this price range.

Quick Reply: New Official Nissan Preview (Tokyo Motorshow Preview)