General General forums for the GTR community.

my awful experience at kaizentuning in boxborough mass

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 08:42 AM

my awful experience at kaizentuning in boxborough mass

I have had real bad experience with kaizentuning, i took my car there for a cobb ap and a tune. the tune has never been right from the first day that i had to go back to the shop because my car knocked as soon as i got on it. dont want to make it seem like it was bad all the way initially they seemed to be willing to correct the problems. went back they check the car and fixed the tune, after that day my mpg's were off with normal driving called and left a message and had to call back to speak to them because i didnt get a call. i went back to get that corrected when the tuner loaded software didnt dyno, didnt drive the car to make sure all was well i asked him about that he assured me he "just added timing and some new cam software he just got its perfectly safe".

After that my car just kept knocking the car would correct it but it would just get slower each time, i called explained what it was doing and how the mpg's were way off when ever i hit boost he told me "i have a lot more power now so i should expect less mpg's". which is contradictory to what he told me the day he tuned it in just 4 pull mind you. i got the car dynoed at another shop using the same dyno kaizen uses and they told me with more detail all the issues the tune had, the car was making around 240hp they reset the computer did a pull and it made around what kaizen originally tuned it for. that show how much the car backed off timing to correct the issues it was having about a 14hp difference. i went there that day and tried to talk to their tuner, he went ape nutts on me when he glanced at the dyno chart. he started yelling and swearing said i think i know what i'm talking about, started being real disrespectful, my only reaction was just to laugh at how rediculous he was behaving he went to the owner and wanted him to call the police on me. the owner asked no questions about what was going on i tried to explain to him he just had a smile on his face and said nothing like this has happened before and we cant do buisness anymore. here are some emails between i and the owner and i and the parts guy, my last email if the first on top.

Please excuse the time it has take to respond, i was told by an employee that you'd be out of town so i was not expecting to anything from you this week if at all.

I paid $650 for the Cobb accessport and $500 for a Kaizen tune. For the following reasons, I do not feel that the job I paid for were performed properly/ accurately:
  •  
    • Currently, my throttle tables show no difference from the factory settings which I asked to be adjusted multiple times and to which Rob agreed.
    • My car has been knocking since the first tune. As you recall, this required my returning to the shop to have corrected, but to no avail.
    • Additionally, the computer backs off timing to compensate for the unstable tune, which causes the car to lose power, which is exactly the opposite result of what I paid Kaizen Tuning to achieve.
    • The Kaizen Tuning claim of 254hp drops down to between 230 and 240, and the torque loses between 20 to 40lb-ft, a stock tuned car produces about 230hp.
    • Furthermore, my vehicle is burning excessive fuel, more than it did prior to the professional kaizen tune, which is alarming since it burned less fuel on a Cobb base map, which is known to be overly rich.
All of these issues were affirmed by another professional auto service shop when I brought my vehicle in for a second opinion.
I do concur that at this juncture we are at the end of our so-called "working relationship", as it is evidently not working for me. Kaizen has received my money and in exchange I have received inadequate labor and what appears to be a collective ploy to slander me, as the emails below are not representative of all communications between myself and your employees. You, Scott, are not privy to the oral communications between Jason and I, nor of those of Rob and I. I am of the opinion that the awful attitude and dreadful work ethic of these employees will bring further shoddy work and a greater number of other unsatisfied customers to your establishment.
If an unstable tune is what Kaizen calls “sufficient”, I cannot help but to question your professional integrity and your concern for customer and vehicle safety. I am requesting a full refund for the subpar tune and customer service I have received. If you are not amenable to this resolution, I can return all parts along with the tune, in exchange for total monies provided for such.
I look forward to receiving your response on when/how to proceed with my compensation.
To: oneilhudson@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:46 AM
Subject: FW: hello

Oneil -

In response to your request to wanting to do something about about your tune, and the claimed issues you have had with you supposedly bad tune, I am starting to observe a trend.

After reviewing the dyno chart with Rob, it is Kaizen Tuning's opinion that the tune on your car is sufficient. We charged you $750 for the Cobb AP and custom dyno tune as a package deal. This is a package normally sold for $1095 + tax.

That tune is the way it is for the safety of the motor. We agree to give you a refund of $100. Please call the office today for that refund on your CC.

At this juncture I would say its best to end our working relationship going forward, as you have shown a trend in the below email chain, and with your correspondence with our calibrator Rob. Although I did not agree with Rob's wanting to call the police, I feel that you were trying to get a rise out of him, and that is not acceptable. Good luck with your future modifications.

Regards
Scott

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 19:48:19 -0400
Subject: Fwd: hello
To: scott@kaizentuning.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Subject: Re: hello
To: ONeil Hudson <oneilhudson@yahoo.com>

Oneil,
For starters, I'm not responding to you with any ill manners so please take no offense from this response, however your response to me not only startles me however has prompted me into questioning how you think businesses are supposed to be run. Initially I shrugged it off when you went behind my manager's back to get a better price, then again when you confronted me at wicked big meet accusing me of blowing you off when you clearly had no evidence of my doing so. This time however, I'm not sure where you are coming from assuming my prices vary from those who are well off to those who are not. My prices remain the same for everyone, regardless if they live on the street or if they live in the White house. The list price on the Q300 is 1300$, whether or not other shops are asking that price is up to them. 900$ for a 1300$ exhaust is a deal, I'm sorry that its not per standard for your interests. I could care less it you're pouring cash from your pockets or if you live on the street, I gauge my pricing according to market value and knock off some if I can afford to do so. I will NOT eat tax fee's as that is something the customer is supposed to pay on top of the price of an item.
With that being said, best of luck with the car and your future modifications,
-Jason

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 12:51 AM, ONeil Hudson <oneilhudson@yahoo.com> wrote:
my response is not sent with any ill feelings or any sort of malice toward you or anyone at that establishment it is however sent with much confusion. i do fail to see the correlation between a good deal and asking the same price it cost just about everywhere else online. i realize you're probably more use to a well off clientelle list but i'm not one of those people had i been trust me when i tell you i would not have asked a semi stranger for help. i do appreciate you taking the time to reply to me and i realize i was asking for something that could possibly put you in a bit of a bind as far as your employ goes so it's understandable if you could not and i appreciate the attempt i do realize you did not have to so thank you very much jason, you be blessed and have a good night.
To: ONeil Hudson <oneilhudson@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:03 PM
Subject: Re: hello

Hey Oneil,
I can do 900$ Plus tax for the Q300 stainless steel catback for the hatchback and or sedan.
-Jason

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM, ONeil Hudson <oneilhudson@yahoo.com> wrote:
hey jason oneil here in case you actually missed that, just wanted to send you some mail after the last time we spoke you said you did'nt get it so now i'm sending from both my addresses. i just wanted to know about the q300 let me know what you can do i have some cash

Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 PM
GTR Member

Your posting in the wrong website. Kaizen tuning never goes on here nor will you be able to get the word out! If you want to make a big fuss and get their attention you need to post this review on www.gtrlife.com in the vendor reviews and trust me KAIZEN will respond and KISS your *** within mins! Every bad review posted about a vendor who you couldnt get ahold of all of a sudden is available!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:26 AM
Administrator

This is an 18 month old thread. Thanks.