General General forums for the GTR community.

GTR vs ZR1 - Not What You Think

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Banned

Woaaaaaaaaaaa buddy.

who said i humped chevy's leg like you hump Nissan's?

i was just pointing out that the GTR sucks. not that chevy rules.

ohhh and the GTR lost btw, you must not have heard. ZR1 beat its track record with a non-proffessional driver.

and ps. after the GTR-V comes out with its "big number" the ZR1 is going to get their driver and lower the record below the V.

just let you guys have your 15 minutes before the fall. again.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Banned

and honestly id go Z06 way before the GTR.

the Z06 is probaly my favorite stock car in existance right now, and id beat any GTR fan boy i came up against.

why?

because the Z06 has so much tourque that it never bottoms out and stops pushing like the GTR. the GTR can hang with real cars for 0-70 then it starts to show whyyyy it is the cheapest out of all of them as it banks off sharply.

go look at a dyno run from a GTR, it will show why the GTR would never win a straight away race (which keep in mind, encompasses about 99% of all races) due to the lack of power comming from the car.

oh and the funny thing about that, is they also proved Nissan lied about how much power they gave the GTR to make it seem more like a miracle vehicle than anything. 480? try 550-600 hp.

trust me buddy go Z06. if for nothing else, to avoid the image of 'Ricer' which ud recive from most people who again where trying to comprehend why you spent so much money on such an ugly jap crap car.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by congoman775
and honestly id go Z06 way before the GTR.

the Z06 is probaly my favorite stock car in existance right now, and id beat any GTR fan boy i came up against.

why?

because the Z06 has so much tourque that it never bottoms out and stops pushing like the GTR. the GTR can hang with real cars for 0-70 then it starts to show whyyyy it is the cheapest out of all of them as it banks off sharply.

go look at a dyno run from a GTR, it will show why the GTR would never win a straight away race (which keep in mind, encompasses about 99% of all races) due to the lack of power comming from the car.

oh and the funny thing about that, is they also proved Nissan lied about how much power they gave the GTR to make it seem more like a miracle vehicle than anything. 480? try 550-600 hp.

trust me buddy go Z06. if for nothing else, to avoid the image of 'Ricer' which ud recive from most people who again where trying to comprehend why you spent so much money on such an ugly jap crap car.
You're not a Chevy lover? Could have fooled me. But at least I can admit that someone else makes a great car. You don't see me hating on the Z06 or ZR1 because they are great cars. And even though the ZR1 is not a realistic goal for ownership, I can admit to considering the Z06. I can't see you doing the same for any Japanese (and I'm guessing European) car. You pretty much stated that anyone who will drive a GTR will be considered a ricer. You better go look up the term ricer and check the definition.
As far as underating horsepower goes, all manufacturers have been doing that since the muscle car days. Some of those high out put American muscle car engines from the 60's and 70's could actually almost double the claimed horsepower.
Physics does not lie, and if you consider that the regular GTR is only a couple of seconds behind the ZR1, then the V-spec, with more HP and proabaly at least 200 less lbs will shave a huge amount off the GTR time.
But why argue about that. Because you are right about the fact that someone will come along and beat the V-spec, ZR1, GTR times. It will probably happen within the year. And it will most likely not be one of the cars mentioned above. Porsche will not sit by for too long while others eclipse their times. Hey look, the GTR lover can say that he likes Porsche's too. The GT2 and GT3 are incredible cars. I am considering a 996 GT2 or a 997 GT3 also.
I can not and will not dispute numbers with you. The magazines and various testers all come up with different numbers for their tests. The only thing I can prove without any doubt is that you are extremely narrow minded when it comes to cars. You have proven that yourself. Just read your own posts. Keep thinking the way you do. That will leave more good cars for the rest of us. Go buy your Z06 or ZR1 if you can afford one. i will have my next car in 2009. PM me next Summer and we'll take them to the track. If you beat me, then you will have something to gloat about. Oh, and I did not say that I would be in a GTR for sure. I guess it could be any of the cars mentioned above except for the ZR1. Who will be buying the ZR1's? Chevy enthusiasts who have way more money than me and will just have to have the latest and greatest Corvette. Most will buy them and shove them in their garage under a car cover. They will take them out on Sundays and drive them around the block once or twice. I better stop writing now, I'm starting to sound like you .
Old 07-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Banned

nope i like European cars. i have 2 porsche's 1 BMW and a Masserati in my family.

i just dont like japanese cars. you wanna know why they dropped the name skyline?

because no one likes japanese cars and they are trying to reinvent themselves to the outside world.

as for the GT2, that is an amazing car and id encourage you to get one. We have one ordered already, should have it within the next 6 months or something like that. even though im not sure how you realisticly can be concidering a 200,000 dollar porsche when you claim the ZR1 is too expensive at 103k.

anywho the reason im on here is not to make the GTR sound like a piece of shyt car. but to remind the GTR fan boys who have been getting off in corvette forums now for months that the GTR really isnt the Savior for cars. i dont know a single person who would rather have a GTR than an M3 for the same price. and i know alot of people who know alot about cars.

The GTR is a great car, and one of the 10 best track cars in the world. but its not better than the corvette ZR1 no matter how much we debate it. and of course the Viper Boys would be arguing that their SRT-10 Viper ACR would beat either one, and realistically it could. 0-60 in almost 3.0 with 600hp. its a bullet. And as for the ricer tag people get driving a GTR... i think ricer might be a bit of a stretch due to how expensive the car actually is. but ill stick by this. there is nothing more pathetic than a 94' civic with a giant wing and japanese writing with neons pulling up next to you wanting to race.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:06 PM
GTR Member

nope i like European cars. i have 2 porsche's 1 BMW and a Masserati in my family.

i just dont like japanese cars. you wanna know why they dropped the name skyline?

because no one likes japanese cars and they are trying to reinvent themselves to the outside world.

as for the GT2, that is an amazing car and id encourage you to get one. We have one ordered already, should have it within the next 6 months or something like that. even though im not sure how you realisticly can be concidering a 200,000 dollar porsche when you claim the ZR1 is too expensive at 103k.

anywho the reason im on here is not to make the GTR sound like a piece of shyt car. but to remind the GTR fan boys who have been getting off in corvette forums now for months that the GTR really isnt the Savior for cars. i dont know a single person who would rather have a GTR than an M3 for the same price. and i know alot of people who know alot about cars.

The GTR is a great car, and one of the 10 best track cars in the world. but its not better than the corvette ZR1 no matter how much we debate it. and of course the Viper Boys would be arguing that their SRT-10 Viper ACR would beat either one, and realistically it could. 0-60 in almost 3.0 with 600hp. its a bullet. And as for the ricer tag people get driving a GTR... i think ricer might be a bit of a stretch due to how expensive the car actually is. but ill stick by this. there is nothing more pathetic than a 94' civic with a giant wing and japanese writing with neons pulling up next to you wanting to race.
No one likes Japanese cars including you, but you drive an Accord . Japan has had some of the best selling car models ever.
Make sure and read my post again. I stated that I was looking at a 996 GT2. You can get the last model for much less than the 997 version. And most of the ones you see for sale have less than 10,000 miles on them. The 997 GT3 is creeping down to around 100K for 2007's with less than 10,000 miles. And the ZR1 may never be available for the 103K MSRP. Remember the markups.
But once again, I have to say that the GTR will be the ultimate car for versatility. Others will beat it at the dragstrip, some will beat it at the track, some are less expensive. But if you want a car that you can drive to the track in comfort (not like the Viper), track it, drive it home in the rain with very little loss in performance (not like the Viper or the ZR1), pick up the wife and kids (again not like the Viper or ZR1), and go out cruising, the GTR is your best bet.
I apparently do not have the money that your family does. But you keep saying family which tells me that the cars are not yours. Mommy and Daddy's cars? Anyway, they may be able to afford a car for each of the different situations above. I can't, which is why I and just about everyone else should consider the GTR as one of the best, if not the best, all around cars.

Last edited by jmsrx; 07-08-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Banned

that is what i have been getting at... the GTR is not the Best Car. Merely, one of the best.

There are certain aspects of the car which make is appealing to others, and certain aspects which repel or spark controversy.

yes that was my mistake, im so used to seeing the new GT2 my eyes skipped over that. But to be 100% honest with you... if you're going to drop 100K on a car. id look into a lesser expensive car and then Mod it. It wil perform better as long as you do it the right way.

So if its just you and the girlfriend, id say go test drive a Z06. If its you the wife and kids then the GTR might be the way to go. Buttttt if it really was you the wife and kids. id get an M5. have you ever been in an M5? its amazing. There isnt any better way to go 0-60 in 4.0

as for the Accord, i wasnt lieing. i hate that car. it was my first car when i turned 16 and it is special to me just because it was my first car, but the appeal stops there. I am only 19, so i have some time to stuff my money pockets before i invest in nice cars myself, but i do get a chance to drive a 07' Z06 which my dad unofficially gave to me and my brother.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:58 AM
GTR Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qreQwTeaVWY

Why is it That Inside Line and Edmunds Understands but this guy doesn't rofl..

They Says. ..

"Ask a bunch of Car guys what the ultimate Track car is .. And each will give you a Different Answer.

But which Modern Performance car is as dominate on a twisty mountain road as it is on a race track.

You see.. In a real world There are bumps ,Road paint,debris,and blind corners. All which act as great Equalizers.

GTR wins.. Of course it does...

I used to drive A 2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 8 MR and i Loved IT!!!!!!!.. Why? because i live in the Mountains and always have a 10 minute drive up and down the mountain.. What car Gave me the most pleasure>???? AWD TRUBO.. I loved passing M3s and Vettes on Turns because they couldn't Hang on the Crazy Turns and a all out Handling Course. All i did was put a few Bolt ons ( HKS Cams shafts272 intake and exhaust/Gear, Fuel Pump, boost Controller 23 PSI , Intake , 3 inch Turbo back, Front Mount IC) and it was game on on the freeway as well. I raped every Z06, Viper, M3, M5, Porsche, and even some Sports Bikes. Every car except one which was a Lingenfelter. Dont get my wrong i Love Lots of Horsepower and straight lines, But u gotta remember.... There is always someone out there that is faster then you. If you Like fixing up your Car then its preference... I raced my Dads Z06 and his Dodge Viper on the Freeway, And he was shocked that a $36k car with some Bolt ons was raping The viper and Vette on the freeway cause it dilivered the power faster to the wheels ( on the top end they would creep up to my sideview mirrors .. Example 60- 140 mph) .. MY dad is an American , German Loving Car Guy and said these words " I took you Evolution Out for a drive and WOW. It grips the Road Like a Lion Gripping its Prey when it is going to Kill it."

In a Real World An Automatic Twin Clutch That shifts at .2 seconds is what counts on the streets. No tire Spin NO Mis Shifts no problems.

You rape regardless on the Mountain Roads where i Love to race And here in SO CAL Angeles Crest.

And a few bolt ons if you really want to do Freeway Runs..

Dont Flame here because your not doing anything.. Everyone here is here because of what they Love and not because of what Magazines say.

I wanted A GTR since i was 12 and now i Got one comming here on July 24th At MSRP and im taking it.

I told my dad i wanted a GTR and he said , " if you dont want to wait, I will stop by the Corvette dealer and pick you up a Z06 any Color you want"

Thats how easy it is to get a Z06 .. Try to get a GTR. ESPECially at MSRP like i did.

I refused the Z06 and he knows why. Because he learned with my Evolution what wonders Japanese engineers can do with AWD turbos.

Again .. There is no point saying the Z06 is better or the GTR because the GTR raped the Z06 around the track and will do so on the streets where there are turns and bumps and Gravel and Paint on the ground with tire spin. The ZR1 will Compete with the GTR and the Spec V will Demolish The ZR1 Mock my Words. If the ZR1 is like 20 Seconds faster then the Z06 you think the Spec V will only be 3 seconds faster? Give me a break man .. 1+1 = Spec V The car will get under 7:20 on the Track and will retain the Title.

Between a car that delivers 650 bhp and is 600 Pounds lighter then the GTR .. To get 3 seconds faster around the track and for People to jump up and talk **** about the GTR is PATHETIC. When the Spec V is Out and is lighter and has more HP and rapes the ZR1 then Corvette lovers will talk **** once again ... Say its bull**** that the SPec V makes more power then it Claims Blah Blah Blah. FACT is.. You got beat by an automatic car that is 600 pounds heavier..

Live with it man. Nothing you can say is going to change anything ... The numbers are on the internet and Magazine sites and if you GOOGLE GTR every video there the GTR wins vs every car it is put up against. And Im suprised Car and driver ( owned by Rednecks and Hillbillies and american Car drives ) Tested the GTR at 4.0 0-60 when every other car company managed a 0-60 of 3.2 - 3.3... ANyone smell some bs?

well W/e man IM sure ur gonna respond with some **** talking because hey.. Apples Tastes Like Oranges RIghT?
Old 07-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Banned

haha ok i hope you didnt spend to much time on this.

i stopped reading after you claimed your evo would beat out a Z06.

Next?
Old 07-09-2008, 03:16 PM
GTR Member

haha ok i hope you didnt spend to much time on this.

i stopped reading after you claimed your evo would beat out a Z06.

Next?
Don't dismiss a modded Evo. There is a guy that lives here in town that owns an Evo IX RS with less than $15,000 in modificati0ns. last I heard it was putting down 450 HP to all four wheels along with nearly 500ft/lbs of torque. He was running around 10.7 in the 1/4 with time slips and video to prove it. Eventually a Z06 would start to catch up and pull away, but we are talking well above 130-150 mph. The Evo would probaly still be ahead at 1/3 to 1/2 mile. But once you start talking about modding you can throw everything out the window. The fastest Evo IX is doing the 1/4 somewhere around 8.7 or so (I believe it is still the AMS vehicle that holds the record though Buschur is close behind). Remember, this is a 4 cylinder engine doing this. Granted, if you took the same amount of money and threw it into a Z06, it would be quicker (can you say STS rear mount twin turbos to add around 150-200 hp). But you still have the great handling (probably the best) and the awd with the Evo. And you have a huge trunk, rear doors, and seating for five. Throw some snow tires on it and embarass everything on the road in the winter time. Make sure and check out some You Tube videos with modded Evos. You might be surprised.

I was actually looking at an M3 sedan, but they are more luxury with less performance as compared to the GTR and others. They are great for crazy powersliding and cruising at higher speeds on the highway, but drifting is not the quickest way around a corner and I don't do that much highway driving. Still a great car for the purpose it serves. The 135i has good potential for a track car. The M5 is just too much of a porker. It makes awesome power but does not have the technology like the GTR (which is a porker too) to get around corners fast. Once again, it was made for high speeds on the Autobahn, not so much for the track.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Banned

The biggest difference between the Germans BMW's and Porsches and The Japs GTR on this subject is...

its motivation.

The Porsche and BMW brands are Luxury brands which offer world class performance along with world class quality and engineering.

You dont get that feeling with the GTR. Its more like the corvette in the way it has a sole purpose and that is to perform and perform well.

Id go with an M3 (coupe) because of how well everything is balanced.

0-60 in 4.1 (the same speed Car and Driver got w/ the GTR)

World class everything. you can pick on any aspect of the car and find it at the top of its class. The M3 might be the best car in the entire world all things concidered.

The GTR has a quality interior, but even the interior is designed towards performance. i mean seriously, who really NEEDS a digital engine read-out monitor in your center council? i know i dont.

Quick Reply: GTR vs ZR1 - Not What You Think