General General forums for the GTR community.

Anyone seriously planning on buying the GT-R in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 01:26 AM

I am serious about buying one....but not serious if they have like $20,000 or more markups! I have those "market adj" values! The new Mustang Shelby GT500 has like $20,000 markups...I wonder what GTR will have...
Old 08-19-2006, 04:26 PM

I am positive im getting one as well. I've already seen what the spec's might be. After seeing them, there isn't anything in this world that will stop me from getting one.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:51 PM

I'm considering buying a R33 from Japan for 2,600 us dollars. I wana get the proto but its to rich for my blood..
Old 08-26-2006, 05:09 PM
GTR Member

after the markups are gone....i wont pay over sticker

-shahul
Old 09-20-2006, 06:12 PM

I'm buy it for sure!
Old 09-21-2006, 07:05 PM
GTRForums Staff

Yes, I would seriously consider this car for sure. It will undoubtably be a technological marvel. Just has to impress me more than a 911 GT3
Old 09-21-2006, 07:22 PM
GTR Senior Member

that is the car allegedly that Nissan is targeting. GT3.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:39 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by bonzelite
that is the car allegedly that Nissan is targeting. GT3.
I believe the target was Carrera Turbo 4S performance at the entry level Carrera price tag ($69,000).

The GT3 is a homologated car. I have not heard of any plans from Nissan or even leaks that the New GTR will be homoligated.

A stripped down GTR is always possible, but it doesn't seem part of Nissans marketing strategy. The interview between Igor of 'automotive forums' and the Nissan Racing guy seemed to indicate that Nissan hadn't made any definitive plans to push racing in North America. Therefore a homoligated GTR is a reach for now.

-AL
Old 09-22-2006, 02:12 AM
GTR Senior Member

to rebut, go back to Bathurst 1989 and the origin of the press-created term "godzilla" --the first few hundred sold R32GTRs were the initial homologation run of cars. the press did not even know this for days thereafter the first sales. Nissan did not leak this out. and it did not leak out until a short time after sales had already commenced.

i will maintain steadfastly that the GTR will be homologated, if not initially for the USDM, indeed for the JDM, as the immediate sale availablitly of the GTR following the 2007 TMS is, for all purposes --in my belief based upon prior history and practice-- the immediate first group of homologated GTRs ever to set tires to pavement.

the USDM version Galant VR-4, for example, available only for a very limited time and number in the USDM, was the result of a homologation run. that is, the cars sold to the public were, if not in part, wholly, the homologated cars.

moreover, being that ALMS runs the C6-Rs and GT3s --the direct enemy and nemesis of the GTR-- it is only reasonable to assume that the GTR will be along side them, thus requiring at some point (heretofore yet unknown) a USDM homologation series of GTRs. and i will offer that to bolster Nissan presence and sales of the GTR in the USDM (as well as to provide a powerful boost in brand awareness of the new models of 350Z, G35, Altima and Maxima), it is crucial that Nismo gain this foothold with their legendary GTR in GT racing at Sebring.

the Skyline GTR is a race car first and foremost, and a street car second. conversely, the Ferrari 308 GTB and GTS (for example) was never homologated to be a competition car, beginning it's design concept and form as a high-performance race-inspired street car only --the direct opposite of Nissan's GTR program. to the best of my knowledge, no homologated 308GTB or S was ever made in large numbers or in any numbers at all for public sale.

http://www.americanlemans.com/home/ALMSHome.aspx
Old 09-23-2006, 08:16 AM
GTRForums Staff

Yeah, I heard the targeted the 911 turbo too. However, since I am not interested in the 911 turbo over the GT3, my staement stands. I believe the GTR may be able to fill that dual roll of both cars.

From a sales persepective the 911 turbo is a smarter target since the GT3 appeals to a smaller audience

Quick Reply: Anyone seriously planning on buying the GT-R in the US?