General General forums for the GTR community.

Anyone seriously planning on buying the GT-R in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 05:58 AM

Anyone seriously planning on buying the GT-R in the US?

Hello everyone..

I'm a new member here. I have been reading up on the GT-R for a few months, but have always been a strong admirerer of the Skyline.

Of course when I read that the GT-R will probably be released in the spring of 08, I started to think about whether or not it will even be an option for me to buy one.

Lord knows I'm not a millionare and I mean.. $60K+ is a good bit of money for a car, but in my opinion it will be worth it. If I am calculating right, I think that I will be able to save at least 2/3s of that before then. It's just gonna be a matter of actually saving it and convincing my wife to agree.. But who knows, something else may come up by then.

So is anyone else actually entertaining the idea of seriously buying one?
Old 04-21-2006, 08:12 AM
spt
GTR Senior Member

Well if you think about it, many people were willing to shell out about 50k for an older one (r32 or r33), even with all the issues of legalizing it, possibly financing it, and insuring it. I was willing to do the same, but now with this one coming out, I rather go the easy route.

So to answer your question, Yes I'm seriously going to get one.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:42 PM

Myself and a friend put down $1000 for spots #1 and 2 in line for the 2009 GT-R.

So, yes, some of us are seriously considering it...
Old 04-24-2006, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by lindros2
Myself and a friend put down $1000 for spots #1 and 2 in line for the 2009 GT-R.

So, yes, some of us are seriously considering it...
Where did you put the money down? I didn't think that dealers were going to be taking the hold money yet..
Old 04-25-2006, 12:16 PM

Why...I'll stick with my R34...for now!!!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:50 PM

Where do you put money down? the dealership. If I start saving now I might be able to afford one. How much are they going to cost? Last but not least don't count out the EVO X.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:27 PM
GTR Senior Member

i'm getting an R32 GTR first. then the 11th gen Nissan GTR. that car is going to be KILLER.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:22 PM

im also interested where we can put the deposit for one

seriously considering buying the GT-R and since they will only import a small amount into the US, want to reserve a spot ASAP

thanks for the help
Old 05-16-2006, 08:31 PM
GTR Senior Member

i would not worry too much about getting a GTR of your choice. Nissan will be more than happy to take your money. they will make more GTRs. the American market is one of their largest customer bases already --hence the huge success of Infiniti, for example (no, i'm not referencing the GTR to Infiniti directly, as it is a Nissan). limited numbers yes, the GTR will be this --as it always was. but it will be in the garages of those ready to fit the bill.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:47 AM

I am 100% positive i will be purchasing one; as long as they stick the to supposed TT V6 w/ AWD. I have already began to prepare to do so, counting on the spring 2008 release.

You already put a deposit down? That's weird, i haven't heard of such an option at this point. I mean, esspecially since they haven't even released final specs yet; I don't think i would even want to.

Quick Reply: Anyone seriously planning on buying the GT-R in the US?