GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R  Community

GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/)
-   Video (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/video-68/)
-   -   American Muscle car liars. (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/video-68/american-muscle-car-liars-1109/)

basicallyevolve 04-30-2008 02:17 AM

American Muscle car liars.

Hey guys just wanted to show you how full of crap some people are..

I was on youtube and saw a video of some guy who posted a video saying

"Stock Z06 11.54@127 Faster Than GTR AND VIPER "

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZYmgBxX7S4Q&feature=related

.. apparently they said its faster then the VIPER and the GTR!!

but i decided to do some more research and found the same car in another video.. interesting isnt it ..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ttO4gIlyq6E

In that video he runs an 11 flat.. And its the same car.. same exhaust sound.. I didnt realize that Z06 can run 11 flat.. I smell BUll****..

so yeah there you go guys.. more of this Z06 vs GTR rival and its sad to see Corvette lovers stoop this low and turn into liars to prove something that they cant..

thanks and enjoy

rmatt8748 04-30-2008 08:40 AM

some cool videos,

clearly, the gt-r is not a drag car, but it holds it's own

basicallyevolve 04-30-2008 10:41 AM

You did not understand my post. Its BS>. he launched the 11.56 crappy if you can tell just to be like " look at what i can run stock". If you look at the same video which is an older video then the 11.56 , he ran an 11 flat. Z06 cant run 11 flat 1/4 mile. This was another attempt by the Z06 fans to try and protray something that is false because they are bitter that a 3900 pound car is basically beating the Z06 in every category except a drag strip. Which even a GTR can win because you get a flawless launch everytime. 3.2-3.6 0-60 .. where as in a Z06 you will not see those numbers unless youve launched your car 60 times and are an experienced person at launching a RWD car with that much power.

and remember people.. for those claiming a z06 can run 11 seconds it probably can with Slicks..

How many Z06's do you see in the streets with Slicks on them? Didnt think so

also to my point about the driver having to be a skilled driver.. here is the article pasted for you

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f114/...-flats-108217/

A ten-second quarter mile time in stock trim has been reserved for limited production supercars only. However, a man proved that with the right combination of weather and skill a completely stock C6 Corvette Z06 can break 11.0. During a private test and tune event at Maryland International Raceway (MIR) Jamie Furman and his C6 Z06 running on the stock Goodyear F1 EMT run flat tires hit 10.98 at 129 mph in the 1320. The run was validated by a track official to achieve the record for quickest mass production vehicle. While the run was aided by near sea level track elevation and 40-degree air temperature, it still took refined gear banging skills to secure the record. Mr. Furman did not leave well enough alone with one record though. After hitting the 10s on the stock tires he threw on a set of drag radials to see what would happen. He hit 10.83 at 130 mph, breaking the previous drag radial standard of 10.85.

Of course these records aren't officially recognized by a particular sanctioning body, but they are recognized by internet message board enthusiasts and isn't that all that matters these days? Stock vehicles running 10s would never pass NHRA safety standards anyway. There is nothing like stirring up some keyboard racers to get the mud slinging started. The guys on Corvette Forum invite anyone from Viper Alley to put up a challenge. Apparently Jamie Furman once owned a few Vipers, but believes that currently the Z06 is king of American muscle. The gallery below holds scans of the two record holding time slips for the non-believers.

sea level/ VERY well experienced driver with flawless shifts and perfect weather conditions along with temperature.

again my point.. any driver any age any road condition with the GTR can get 0-60 in 3.2 and a 1/4 mile of 11.6... For a 3900 pound car i think that is amazing.

and remember.. The GTR has these numbers and it hasnt even been released to the public yet and or been given to experienced drivers who can get acustomed to vehicle and pull better Numbers.

Till then i will continue to wait till Mid july for when my GTR will arive at the dealership i preordered from..

Gl to all trying to get one for MSRP.

It is possible... I got one for MSRP you can too.. you just gotta play it smart and call alot of dealerships

CharlesJ 05-01-2008 06:24 AM

Its a heated debate and people will always bend the truth on both sides. The vette guys seem to be the most defensive about the situation as this is one of the first bang for buck cars the threaten them. I doubt the debate will come to an end soon, but clearly a stock vette cant run an 11 flat, so something is up with that guy

jamie392 05-03-2008 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by CharlesJ (Post 6309)
Its a heated debate and people will always bend the truth on both sides. The vette guys seem to be the most defensive about the situation as this is one of the first bang for buck cars the threaten them. I doubt the debate will come to an end soon, but clearly a stock vette cant run an 11 flat, so something is up with that guy

Im not sure why the vette guys are being such ass-holes about it. I post on the vette boards to and they really get upset about the GT-R. Personally I love the car, competiton is a good thing.

rmatt8748 05-03-2008 04:02 PM

Im not sure why the vette guys are being such ass-holes about it. I post on the vette boards to and they really get upset about the GT-R. Personally I love the car, competiton is a good thing.
i agree, they're both great cars, they're entirely different but both awesome and really fast

Lue 05-04-2008 05:36 AM

Vette fan boys, lol

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52...aac4a5a56e.jpg

j/k, well, mostly.

CharlesJ 05-05-2008 07:59 AM

My experience in reality with vette guys has usually been pretty positive. Previously in my STI, I used to run with the Z06s at sebring, and even when I was faster, they were always nice and complimentary. Not to mention intersted in what the car was. The ones that were faster never rubbed it in and were also nice. Internet ads a different quality to discussions. The reality is that each car is good and has its loyal fan base. Some are angry because they feel threatened, some because they honestly think the car is not what it is hyped to be. The second part should be solved pretty quickly

rmatt8748 05-05-2008 10:30 AM

yeah, i think that there are positive and negative car owners for every type of car made

there are annoying muscle car owners who meet certain stereotypes, there are annoying import owners who street race and rice their cars to hell

there are awesome exotic owners, and huge a$$hole ones

i'm sure that some cars attract certain owners more than others, but sweeping generalizations don't take anyone very far

ZOsixTT 05-20-2008 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve (Post 6297)
Hey guys just wanted to show you how full of crap some people are..

I was on youtube and saw a video of some guy who posted a video saying

"Stock Z06 11.54@127 Faster Than GTR AND VIPER "

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZYmgBxX7S4Q&feature=related

.. apparently they said its faster then the VIPER and the GTR!!

but i decided to do some more research and found the same car in another video.. interesting isnt it ..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ttO4gIlyq6E

In that video he runs an 11 flat.. And its the same car.. same exhaust sound.. I didnt realize that Z06 can run 11 flat.. I smell BUll****..

so yeah there you go guys.. more of this Z06 vs GTR rival and its sad to see Corvette lovers stoop this low and turn into liars to prove something that they cant..

thanks and enjoy

Believe it or not, im prertty sure there are more than 2 yellow Z06s in the world. How does any of this show how full of crap anyone is? Even if by chance it is the same car, if the guy is capable of 11 flat im sure he capable of 11.5.
Why so much hate for the Vette, been burned by too many?

basicallyevolve 05-20-2008 03:47 AM

This guys is some ignorant moron huh? he is like the terrorists on 911. Take the joy in when its all happening starting to happen in the beginning phases, But when the US strikes back when we have a chance to get on our feet they flee and hide.

im sure this guys the same deal. Talk all this ish now but when the GTR's are on US soil he will put his tail between his leg and /wrist.

ZOsixTT 05-20-2008 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve (Post 6540)
This guys is some ignorant moron huh? he is like the terrorists on 911. Take the joy in when its all happening starting to happen in the beginning phases, But when the US strikes back when we have a chance to get on our feet they flee and hide.

im sure this guys the same deal. Talk all this ish now but when the GTR's are on US soil he will put his tail between his leg and /wrist.

WTF lol, want to translate that babble in relevant sentences? So let me get this straight, I’m a terrorist because I own an American car you hate? What is “happening to starting to happen in the beginning phases”? lay off the crack buddy.
So when GTRs are on US soil I am going to slash my wrists?

All of a sudden I feel I am arguing with a 12 year old.

basicallyevolve 05-20-2008 04:24 PM

No retard.. u are a retard... get it ? rofl.. you come into our forums talkin **** like ur a greater being. Using your words to try and trick people into thinking your some smart Successful person with you gibberish Stabs at my FORUMS sentences. I think you need a reality check my friend.. You need to go get laid or something and spend less time heating up forums with your ignorance.

basicallyevolve 05-20-2008 04:35 PM

I think I am done with this ignorant retard. I can post 30 websites with all of them saying the GTR is better then the Z06 . They will say the GTR handles better, Is faster around a track and overall is #1 on the market. I'm positive this guy will shoot back with some stupid comment once again like, " oh yeah well there is a Z06 that runs 11 sec 1/4 miles stock. can a GTR dO THAT" he is an immature little **** with nothing better to do with his time. 50 magazines and 4000 people could say it to this guy and all it would do is hurt his pride cause he has a z06 and doesn't want to admit it.

So i say.. there is a GTR with a re flashed ECU Running 11 flat at 124 mph.

Wait till its on the streets and some guy Re flashes the ECU adds some cam shafts for top end, some light bolt ons with a nice exhaust and runs into this **** talker and smokes him.

Im willing to place my bet that this guy will still talk **** and come back flaming up the forums some more.

I say... Ban him

This is a GTR forums with people who appreciate the car who are here to talk to each other about the car and enjoy the car for what it is. Not come here to prove something.

Ban him Imo

and every **** talker who comes.

Do we go to the Corvette forums and talk ****?

Do you think companies would accept people coming to their forums and flaming it up?

I think not.

ZOsixTT 05-20-2008 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve (Post 6549)
No retard.. u are a retard... get it ? rofl.. you come into our forums talkin **** like ur a greater being. Using your words to try and trick people into thinking your some smart Successful person with you gibberish Stabs at my FORUMS sentences. I think you need a reality check my friend.. You need to go get laid or something and spend less time heating up forums with your ignorance.

I never said I was better than anyone, it not my fault you cant string together a group of words to make a sentence that counters my statements.

Who am I trying to trick? Last time I checked you have not made any sentences on this forum, fragement is the word you are looking for.

The person who heated up the forum was the original post which, surprise surprise, was YOU.

Hey did you see that ACR viper win 14 out of 16 events in the one lap of America contest, I guess those crappy american cars are pretty fast after all.

ZOsixTT 05-20-2008 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve (Post 6550)
I think I am done with this ignorant retard. I can post 30 websites with all of them saying the GTR is better then the Z06 . They will say the GTR handles better, Is faster around a track and overall is #1 on the market. I'm positive this guy will shoot back with some stupid comment once again like, " oh yeah well there is a Z06 that runs 11 sec 1/4 miles stock. can a GTR dO THAT" he is an immature little **** with nothing better to do with his time. 50 magazines and 4000 people could say it to this guy and all it would do is hurt his pride cause he has a z06 and doesn't want to admit it.

So i say.. there is a GTR with a re flashed ECU Running 11 flat at 124 mph.

Wait till its on the streets and some guy Re flashes the ECU adds some cam shafts for top end, some light bolt ons with a nice exhaust and runs into this **** talker and smokes him.

Im willing to place my bet that this guy will still talk **** and come back flaming up the forums some more.

I say... Ban him

This is a GTR forums with people who appreciate the car who are here to talk to each other about the car and enjoy the car for what it is. Not come here to prove something.

Ban him Imo

and every **** talker who comes.

Do we go to the Corvette forums and talk ****?

Do you think companies would accept people coming to their forums and flaming it up?

I think not.

Ban me? lol why? because you cant think of a decent response to anything I have said? So because a website says 1 cars is better than another it is true? what happened to forming your own opinion.
GTR is #1 on the market in what? If you comparing the GTR to the whole market I doubt its #1 in anything. Please think before you type.
BTW I have a Z06 and I do admit it, look at my name.
I thought you were comparing the cars stock, now were reflashing PCMs adding cams etc? How old are you, i dont mind arguing with a dumb adult, but its pointless to argue with a dumb child.

PS forums are for people to express their opinions. Im not here to prove anything but to debunk the pointless "American cars are crap" posts you spread everywhere. You must be new to forums, yes people are allowed to argue on forums. they dont get banned for it.

You should ban yourself until you learn how to read and type.

NissanR35 07-04-2008 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by ZOsixTT (Post 6538)
Believe it or not, im prertty sure there are more than 2 yellow Z06s in the world. How does any of this show how full of crap anyone is? Even if by chance it is the same car, if the guy is capable of 11 flat im sure he capable of 11.5.
Why so much hate for the Vette, been burned by too many?

look at the license plate

nissan34 07-05-2008 01:31 PM

It could just be the difference in drivers. Ive see the same car driven by two different people and a wayyyyy dif. number came up.
________
PORTABLE VAPORIZER REVIEWS

BoostFreak 07-13-2008 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by jamie392 (Post 6341)

Makes me fell like doing some trolling....

The Guys name is Paul Major, i searched every video on www.challengevideos.com .... Look him up on Google and omg i come across a Vette Tuner Site?

Any one smell fish? no its not your mom Congo.

Edit: Corvette Forum Screen Name: Major Spray
Edit 2: I just joined the forum, im waiting for activation, ill dig up more.

God i guess all those CSI Videos paid off....

congoman775 07-13-2008 10:59 PM

if i were you guys, id get used to being beaten by Z06's and C6's alike in drag races.

i absolutly LOVE this part of the rivalry!!!

when the GTR steps off the track and tries to hang with the Vette's in drag.

goodluck!!!

Camaro371 07-17-2008 11:40 AM

No retard.. u are a retard... get it ?
My friend... why use such language?

this isnt a constructive way to present yourself... infact it makes you look rather immature

basicallyevolve 07-17-2008 12:03 PM

Camaro please piss off.. The debate is over between the forums and Congoman so get over it. stop bringing up things typed days and weeks ago to try and start ****. OK ?

That was typed on 05-20-2008 so back off. Congoman started talking **** to everyone and turned this into a heated debate/ war.

Look how immature you are? Find something typed 4 weeks ago and try to use it as ammunition ?

Kid...either get off the case or leave these forums, Because all you've done since you've gotten here is defend Congo and and try to say that i am immature and now you are trying to get me banned ? ROFL? GET OVER IT. CONGO IS GONE MOVE ON!

200+mphdude 07-26-2008 05:04 PM

Although the title : "Stock Z06 11.54@127 Faster Than GTR AND VIPER" is not necessarily true, the current record on a bone stock C6 Z06 is from a guy name ranger which ran a 10.98@129mph(evrything stock) and ran a 10.85@130 with drag radials

All you have to do is look on youtube. As far is other people with Z06, there is a bunch of them running low 11's at high 120's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=469NvIOiz7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt3jN...eature=related

Camaro371 07-26-2008 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve (Post 7245)
Camaro please piss off.. The debate is over between the forums and Congoman so get over it. stop bringing up things typed days and weeks ago to try and start ****. OK ?

That was typed on 05-20-2008 so back off. Congoman started talking **** to everyone and turned this into a heated debate/ war.

Look how immature you are? Find something typed 4 weeks ago and try to use it as ammunition ?

Kid...either get off the case or leave these forums, Because all you've done since you've gotten here is defend Congo and and try to say that i am immature and now you are trying to get me banned ? ROFL? GET OVER IT. CONGO IS GONE MOVE ON!

ok first off. im not sure what sort of life you have where you feel like you should take out frustrations as an Armchair Warrior, but i do belive you are a litte off your rocker.

I didnt join this forum to talk Bad to, or about people. I came because im a passionate Car Enthusiast who happens to love the new GTR. I think you have the ability to have a mature conversation, and you should probaly exercize your ability to do so.

Not only did i not try to start a heated debate? but i certainly didnt try to get anyone kicked off this forum.

but here is something to think about:

If my pulling up things uve said makes you think im trying to get you banned... then maybe that says more about how bad the language you've been using in the past on this forum, and less about me.

basicallyevolve 07-27-2008 12:31 AM

Here we go again.. Keep it up.. Talk about things that happened when conversations turned into heated debated due to Conogo. At this point i could care less about what you type Camaro. SO keep them Coming, Because you're Really showing your maturity by doing so

Camaro371 07-27-2008 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve (Post 7361)
Here we go again.. Keep it up.. Talk about things that happened when conversations turned into heated debated due to Conogo. At this point i could care less about what you type Camaro. SO keep them Coming, Because you're Really showing your maturity by doing so

As much as im sure you'd love to turn this on me, I am not the one of us who has shown great immaturity through his posts.

Although i do like this more mature you, hopefully you can keep it up through all current and future posts :smilie_th

basicallyevolve 07-27-2008 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Camaro371 (Post 7362)
As much as im sure you'd love to turn this on me, I am not the one of us who has shown great immaturity through his posts.

Although i do like this more mature you, hopefully you can keep it up through all current and future posts :smilie_th

Lets wait and see how far back your going to dig up all the posts made by every single user and bring them up:smilie_th

You my friend need a life :smilieth

Camaro371 07-27-2008 08:30 AM

earlier this month ain't exactly ancient history Mate ;)

ultima00 07-27-2008 08:17 PM

OK let's keep this on topic people and avoid the personal attacks shall we.

Rez90 09-22-2008 08:41 AM

OP, Take some medication.

You got this worked up because someone posted a youtube vid with a title you didn't like?

Your posts throughout this thread give automotive enthusiasts a bad name altogether.

If you go to Corvetteforums and find the many Z06 owners who own both a GTR and a Z06 you'll realize that all of these owners LOVE both cars.

In different ways they are both special cars. One persons opinion of which one's better may differ from the next.......it's mostly based on personal preference.

So like i said. Relax, have a drink or something. and stop acting like your 9 and that your toy is better than Billy’s down the block.

Cheers.

rmyers 09-22-2008 02:30 PM

There are documented runs of Z06's completely stock with stock tires running high 10's. The source I am citing is very serious about people posting undocumented results. www.corvetteforums.com

And just to be clear, I am a huge GTR van. I might have even purchased that instead of the Z06 were it not for dealer markup and availability. Each car has its benefits and drawbacks, and I would never trash the GT-R. I will probably own one someday.

I say any one of them could be modified to beat the other. If you are trying to draw comparisons, it is best to do it based on stock configuration from the factory. Otherwise what is the point.

Rez90 09-22-2008 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by rmyers (Post 7792)
There are documented runs of Z06's completely stock with stock tires running high 10's. The source I am citing is very serious about people posting undocumented results. www.corvetteforums.com

And just to be clear, I am a huge GTR van. I might have even purchased that instead of the Z06 were it not for dealer markup and availability. Each car has its benefits and drawbacks, and I would never trash the GT-R. I will probably own one someday.

I say any one of them could be modified to beat the other. If you are trying to draw comparisons, it is best to do it based on stock configuration from the factory. Otherwise what is the point.

Great post. I am actually in the EXACT same position. I bought my Z06 in june partially due to the 1st year/dealer markups on the GT-R. but one day, hopefully i'll have both.

Both great cars. Both great and lacking in different ways.

No reason to bash either one.

GTRNate 12-12-2009 09:07 PM

I can honestly say that I believe that the GT-R and Corvette are both great cars. As American I am proud of the Corvette, sadly not proud enough to own one though. I feel that the GT-R meets my standards and needs more closely than the Corvette does.

It really isn't worth arguing though.