Show & Shine Detailing, interior and exterior enhancements.

Here are some of my pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 11:55 AM
GTRForums Guru

http://www.staphonline.com/images/ca...ide-yellow.jpg

What do you think?
Old 05-27-2005, 11:57 AM
spt
GTR Senior Member

Wow that would definitely stand out. I wish we could see what it would like before you paint it. Any Photoshop guru's out there to help us out???
Old 05-27-2005, 12:02 PM
GTRForums Guru

I just bought some side skirts, and rear fender flares so I can stuff a pretty big tire under it. Since it will be a RWD only GTR
Old 05-27-2005, 12:05 PM
GTR Senior Member

351 V8 in the GT-R?
Old 05-27-2005, 01:55 PM
GTRForums Guru

Originally Posted by bonzelite
351 V8 in the GT-R?
Cant forget the turbo I might be stroking it to a 393, I need to sit down and do the math again.

$4$ it will run faster than any GTR ever built, because I am cheap bastard.

Last edited by SkylineUSA; 05-27-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:45 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by SkylineUSA
Cant forget the turbo I might be stroking it to a 393, I need to sit down and do the math again.

$4$ it will run faster than any GTR ever built, because I am cheap bastard.
you gonna drag it?
Old 05-28-2005, 02:16 AM
GTRForums Guru

you gonna drag it?
Yes, that is the whole porpose of the car. Although it has a Ford drive train, it should handle pretty darn well, since I will be able to make it lighter, and balance it better than a normal GTR, but at the end of the day it is going to be drag car. RWD will always be the best for launching, I am probaly go with a live axle as well, but that will dependant on how well the car hooks. I am not fond of IRS for 1/4s.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:13 AM
GTR Senior Member

RWD will always be the best for launching, I am probaly go with a live axle as well, but that will dependant on how well the car hooks. I am not fond of IRS for 1/4s.
i will offer a different opinion: AWD will transfer traction to the ground more effectively at launching than RWD (if you launch it right). i take my VR-4 to the drags, often getting in the 1.8-2.0 range of my 60' (with a passenger). even though they do burn-outs, mustangs will often be spinning their wheels while i am 3 or 4 car lengths ahead of them.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:59 AM
GTRForums Guru

i will offer a different opinion: AWD will transfer traction to the ground more effectively at launching than RWD (if you launch it right). i take my VR-4 to the drags, often getting in the 1.8-2.0 range of my 60' (with a passenger). even though they do burn-outs, mustangs will often be spinning their wheels while i am 3 or 4 car lengths ahead of them.
Not to disrespect you, but there is no way an AWD can launch better than a RWD car. If your talking street tires, sure you are right, but when you are building a low 10 sec car, there is only one type of tire that you are going to use, and those are drag radials, or straight up slicks.

I have friends launching in the 1.5s or quicker with drag radials, and those are on Mustangs. Yes, I love my AWD on my GTR, but when you going to be running 1/4s, you cannot beat RWD, plus you get more power to the ground.

Trust me, I have done my homework for this build.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:54 PM
GTR Senior Member

Not to disrespect you, but there is no way an AWD can launch better than a RWD car. If your talking street tires, sure you are right, but when you are building a low 10 sec car, there is only one type of tire that you are going to use, and those are drag radials, or straight up slicks.

I have friends launching in the 1.5s or quicker with drag radials, and those are on Mustangs. Yes, I love my AWD on my GTR, but when you going to be running 1/4s, you cannot beat RWD, plus you get more power to the ground.

Trust me, I have done my homework for this build.
then we must meet half-way because you are correct about street-legal tires v slicks. that is of issue. an AWD will put more traction to the ground than RWD. that is just a fact. and yes, it is also true that RWD will put more power to the ground. whether you lose this power to spinning out or gripping is the thing.

what you are saying about a low 10 or 9 sec car is true.

although, there are others who will still disagree with you:
http://www.exvitermini.com/

Quick Reply: Here are some of my pics