R32 | R33 | R34 Talk about R32, R33, & R34 topics in here.

anywhere to buy a 92 r-32 in the US or Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 07:51 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by VERTICALSLIK
ok, say i import that skyline i posted earlier and i import it to canada, register it there, then bring it to the us? can i do that, thats not illegal right?
Yeah if you live in Canada and stay there.

Still illegal if you bring it accros the boarder and don't have it legalized and live here.

In other word's no.

Sorry but please stop dreaming!

Realize your going to have to spend some money if you want one and want it legal.

Last edited by Real GTR; 10-08-2005 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Real GTR
Yeah if you live in Canada and stay there.

Still illegal if you bring it accros the boarder and don't have it legalized and live here.

In other word's no.

Sorry but please stop dreaming!

Realize your going to have to spend some money if you want one and want it legal.
allright, and to shadz, i do drive, ive already had 3 cars, my first one was a beater, now i drive a ricer, i think im ready for a skyline, but ok...
Old 10-08-2005, 01:57 PM
GTR Member

OK, but still, you're only 17, you're on your second car already. You have a long time to decide what type of skyline you want and to put the money away. If your smart about it, you should put money away for one for a few years, and find a really nice one, maybe even the new GTR when it comes out, who knows?? Your young yet, relax and enjoy life......
Old 10-08-2005, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by shadz
OK, but still, you're only 17, you're on your second car already. You have a long time to decide what type of skyline you want and to put the money away. If your smart about it, you should put money away for one for a few years, and find a really nice one, maybe even the new GTR when it comes out, who knows?? Your young yet, relax and enjoy life......
but i need a skyline to enjoy life lol, no j/k. i understand. i might just get a gts for 5k, and put work into it, then use it at the drag strip
Old 10-09-2005, 10:56 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by VERTICALSLIK
but i need a skyline to enjoy life lol, no j/k. i understand. i might just get a gts for 5k, and put work into it, then use it at the drag strip
If you plan on running 11's or less be prepared to spend any where from 50k-120k on a motor and all the nesscery things to get it to do it.

The crank alone will coust you 5k, and a good set of turbos will run around 2,500-4,500.

Roll cage, new block, turbos, new to rebuilt trany, rods, pistons, crank, wheels, motor machine work, custom intercooler, etc=big money.

Please stop thinking that your going to spend a few dollars and think it's going to be easy.

Everything for a skyline cost big money.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:13 PM

ok, but its gonna be a never ending work in progress. im not gonna dump 20k into it right as i get it. i know skylines are expensive, but i dont plan on puting in a crapload of money into it for atleast till i get out of trade school. i want it so i can learn and test, its not gonna be "The best skyline ever" i dont need that. all i want is to get the skyline for 6k (its in godd condition) and tinker with it
Old 10-11-2005, 09:13 PM
GTR Senior Member

from Canada: Skyline importers

i found this stuff, for what it's worth. you can definitely import them into Canada right away. but you cannot legally drive them here (yet):

--for the United States: if the car is 25 years or older, it can be imported without having to be brought into compliance or having any paperwork from the manufacturer stating it's status. And since it's coming from Canada, no import duties thanks to NAFTA. I think all you have to do is show them the title transfered to your name. I'm assuming Michigan has that "grandfather clause" deal that automatically covers a recently purchased vehicle for 30 days provided you have valid insurance on another vehicle which would cover any insurance issues. I think all you have to do is pay a small fee and your in. btw, each state has it's own policies regarding "gray market" cars.

***note***
One aspect of importing a car from Japan that you should watch out for is FRAUD. There is the chance that a dealer in used cars might sell the same car to multiple buyers, sell cars that he does not own, sell cars that belong to other companies, such as did a dealer known as "Monkey". Monkey and his wife were charged with over 300 fraudulent sales, involving more than $1 million dollars.

listings:

HI THERE IMPORT FANS. MY NAME IS KARL HARDY. I AM AN IMPORT AGENT AND HAVE STAFF IN TOKYO AND MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA. I CAN BUY CARS DIRECTLY FROM AUCTIONS IN JAPAN FOR IMPORT TO CANADA. MECHANICAL REPORTS PROVIDED. SO IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A 15 Y.O GTR, SILVIA, GTO, 300ZX, 180SX OR ANY OTHER JAPANESE SPORTSCAR PLEASE CONTACT ME KARLHARDY@NETSPACE.NET.AU
(INTERNATIONAL CODE FROM CANADA TO AUSTRALIA) THEN 61 408788897 IM HAPPY TO GIVE YOU PICTURES AND A QUOTE......
------------------------

Edigital Posted - 5/29/2005 11:03:20 PM
My name is Ed Walker and I am now situated in Tokyo, Japan. I specialize in exporting sports cars from Japan overseas (Skylines, Supras, Fairladys, 180SXs, Silvias etc). I am originally from Van, B.C. but have been living here for 6 years. I buy straight out of the Japanese dealer auctions. Reading through the forum...finding a car with an original 30,000KMS...forget about it. Shipping from Yokohama port to New West approx 850.00 CAD (give or take $50.00 depending on exchange rates). I have imported a handfull of cars in Van and know the process inside and out as I have actually been there to walk through the process. If you have any questions or are interested in purchasing a car straight from Japan...forget the friends of friends of friends...send me an email. edigital@viola.ocn.ne.jp
------------------------

MONKY'S INC Posted - 6/16/2005 4:15:19 AM
http://www.japaneseusedcar.ca/
1989-1990 Nissan Skyline GT-R, GTS, GTS-T TypeM available at us

We have a plenty of 15years old Japanese Performance Cars in stock, and export to directly from us to the individual custmer, import company, dealers in Canada.
------------------------

Posted - 7/13/2005 12:14:20 AM
A well priced importer:
http://www.jns-imports.com/

info on the importing:
http://www.jns-imports.com/importinfo/index.html
------------------------

Posted - 8/3/2005 12:37:58 AM
Hello All,
Seems there is some interesting dialouge in this thread as well as alot of the I-know-it-all BS! Anyways, I am a Canadian working in Japan as a car exporter. As most of you know, Canada has a trade embargo and only cars 15+ years old are allowed to be imported, meaning that 89 and 90 Skylines do comply. As far as I know (about 95% sure), right hand cars are not a problem to import, just finding someone to buy them may be! I am in the early stages of thinking to start importing some cars back to Canada....ideally Vancouver, and Skylines are a definate target car....as well as mint condition Euro's. I attend 5 auctions a week, and the company I work for has 4 buyers at most of the biggest auctions offered every day in Japan. If anyone has any questions or interest please mail me at canvan123@yahoo.com. As well, I will be in Vancouver in mid August, so if this interest is really serious I will make the time to meet up and show you what our company has to offer.
Cheers, CD
----------------------

Posted - 8/23/2005 6:49:53 AM
Hi N. Drillot, my name is Ed Walker and I am going to be coming home to Vancouver in the beginning of September. I am currently residing in Tokyo, Japan and have been in the car export business for quite some time. If you are interested in meeting while I am in Van, let me know. I have imported several cars into Canada so I can walk you through the process. The thing about purchasing a car from Japan is that you have to transfer your money to someone that you have only spoken with on the phone...and I have heard of some real nightmares taking place for the purchaser. I source cars directly from Japanese car auctions and wholesalers working strictly off a flat agents fee. If you or anyone else is interested, let me know. I touch down on Sep 2 and will be coming back to Tokyo Sep 22. You can contact me by email: edigital@viola.ocn.ne.jp or +81 90 6173 4510 until next week. Ed
-----------------------

Ray GVRD/FV Posted - 8/23/2005 6:57:36 AM
www.scimotors.com. D#10707
Tel: 604-308-5252
These people only import skylines from Japan and are the authority on them.
They are located in the Valley
-----------------------

***end note***
Posted - 9/7/2005 6:49:43 PM

I would like to add my 2 cents worth here on this subject. Yes alot of what has been said here is true, in that you can get ripped off by people who are only after your money and do not care about the product they are selling and or care about you. It is risky sending money to someone you have never met and no nothing about hafe way around the world. All I can say in defense of this is that for me it has worked, worked and worked many times over. The reason is simple. it all comes down to respect. Respecting yourself and respecting the people you deal with. I arrived in Japan 2 years ago from Australia with no knowledge of this industry and was looking for a Job and Job to help me wife support her Mother who was very ill. I went to an interview and got a job with a Xporting company and there began my education on this industry and how if you have respect for your customers that it can be a very rewarding experiance for all concerned.
I have not realy delt with Customers in Canada but understand the same issues you face as most of my customers were in Australia and that country until this year had the same 15 year rule in place (cars 15 years or older can not come into the country) Australia has since shut that down and now only cars made before 1/1/89 can come in ( As far as I know Australia now has some of the oldest cars on the road)
So saying this something has happened which you should be aware of. the price for 89/90 cars here in Japan has dropped ( not so much the GTR Skyline but it has a bit) so you should now be able to get the cars you want cheaper, that is if the people/supplier/Broker you are dealing with has respect for you there customer.
When I deal with customers my moto is simple, I would rather sell you 100 cars than just 1.
End of Rant.
Cheers
Old 10-11-2005, 10:25 PM
GTR Senior Member

by the way, to be totally clear, it was not me who wrote the "rant" thing at the "end note" section. that's someone else. but his words are very wise. so i offered them.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:29 PM

wow quite a post. well i get alot of my info from http://www.japan-partner.com/ and i think there good, but idk. tell me more about this ship to canada, bring back to us thing please
Old 10-11-2005, 10:40 PM
GTR Senior Member

to cross reference myself:
http://forums.gtrforums.com/showthre...6&page=2&pp=10

there are many ways to get a skyline here. but not many ways to drive it *legally*.

Quick Reply: anywhere to buy a 92 r-32 in the US or Canada?