R32 | R33 | R34 Talk about R32, R33, & R34 topics in here.

AAC valve wiring on R33 S1 RB25det

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:46 PM

AAC valve wiring on R33 S1 RB25det

Hi folks. My first post here so I'll make a quick intro as well. Name is Adam Hennessy, I own/operate Rennessy Fabrication Inc in upstate NY.

I have a car here with a badly hacked wiring harness that I'm trying to repair for the customer. Series one R33 RB25det engine it seems and I've got most of it sorted out except for a little solenoid on the AAC valve at the end of the intake plenum.

There is a small hex shaped solenoid with a two-wire purple electrical connector. What does this solenoid actually do and what is it called? I cannot seem to locate it on any of the wiring diagrams or ECU pinouts I have for these cars. I'm pretty familiar with the RB26 but don't have too much experience with this motor and it's related wiring. On one diagram I see something called the Throttle Valve Switch, but I have no idea what that is(it's not the TPS I know that) and don't want to just assume that this is the part.

The two wires that go to this sensor/solenoid have been completely severed from the rest of the harness with no apparent point of connection. One wire is black, which I'm assuming goes to ground(either chassis or ECU sensor grounds), and the other wire is a yellow wire with some silver dots on it. I've attached a photo of the actual part and it's reataed wiring from this car.

I also have not done any searching on it, but I'm also going to be in need of a MAF/MAS and the pigtail connector for it. I'm located in the US so if there's something else that is compatible over here(I've heard possibly a Z32 or Q45 can work) that would a huge benefit in sourcing. any leads or information regarding this would be helpful but I'm off to search on it anyway.

Thanks in advance for any help folks. Have a friend here who owned both R34 and R33 GTR's and fell in love with the cars ever since. Not typically the type opf cars I work on but they are beautiful, especially the 33.

-Adam