New Members & FAQ's New to the site? Look in here.

HI newbie inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 02:51 PM

HI newbie inside

Hi everyone at GTR Forums, I'm 25 and I've been a Nissan enthusiast, SCCA - PCA enthusiast. I work as a car tuner for Porsche's and on some other German vehicles. I've done some crazy motor swaps as you can see in my homepage that's one of them.
My next project I would like to accomplish near 2008 is to convert the G35 to AWD with the RB as the heart. So if anyone here has any suggestions please feel free to post up.
I'm also a parts distributer for domestic and foreign cars here in Florida so if you need a part you can contact me via PM.

Thanks..
Old 05-02-2006, 11:34 PM
GTR Senior Member

swap versus wait for GTR

i am biased to the GTR. so i'd rather wait for the real thing than re-engineer the V35 Skyline. the chassis for the GTR will be FAR superior to the V35. the GTR will be a superior vehicle to the V35 in nearly every way, even if the V has the RB and AWD.

however, swaps are done all of the time and can often have very unique and great results. it depends on what mode of involvement into the tuner culture one chooses or prefers. you would definitely be among a very rare minority of a minority with such a swap. and if done well, would garner much attention and bragging rights. i'd like to see this project develop. i do like the V35 coupe very much. it's a very good looking car.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:15 AM

Indeed it will never come close to the GTR. But I prob will never have the budget to spit out $70k prob not till I'm 50y old. I'm also doing this by my self just how I like it. I tallied up the cost for this project estimation suggest around 25k - 35k including auction car. With all necessary upgradeable parts for a healthy 500hp RB. I'm working a deal right now for the RB26 motor with 33kmillage, transmission and harness $2,800 is his asking price. He's a good friend of mine and supplied me parts before. This will be a long project getting the engine in my garage is a big feat for me in itself so now I can use my weekends and tear this motor down. I would say prob at the end of the summer I should be ready for pistons, rods, balance the crank etc. Long project but I should be close to about Winter 2008 closer to when the actual GTR comes out.
Anyone with any suggestions please feel free to comment. Website of the project comming soon.