GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R  Community

GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/)
-   GTRForums News & Rumors (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/gtrforums-news-rumors-31/)
-   -   Nissan delays GT-R Spec V, to offer S-Tune version in the meantime? (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/gtrforums-news-rumors-31/nissan-delays-gt-r-spec-v-offer-s-tune-version-meantime-1287/)

NissanR35 07-26-2008 09:47 AM

Nissan GTR V spec leaked specs

I searched the site and I found nothing.

http://img.worldcarfans.com/US/2008/...129.028.1M.jpg

Hopefully the power is a little more as the news was posted January of this year

200+mphdude 07-26-2008 02:55 PM

It is posted right there: 520hp @6500rpm

ultima00 07-27-2008 08:30 PM

In the case of the V-spec, I would prefer they put the most effort into weight-reduction.

rmatt8748 07-27-2008 09:59 PM

In the case of the V-spec, I would prefer they put the most effort into weight-reduction.
which they have/will

but upping boost clearly isn't too difficult, they just have to keep it under control so that transmission can handle it

ultima00 07-28-2008 09:45 AM

Road and Track is reporting: 2 seater, 520 hp @ 6500 rpm, 440 lb.-ft., 3615 lbs, $130,000 MSRP, early 2009. Of course, I'll take this with a grain of salt; just thought the weight-reduction would be a bit more.

rmatt8748 07-28-2008 05:35 PM

vSpec pricing and power figures?

from leftlane:

do you guys agree with this?

i'd see that level of advertized HP being reasonable, the regular is underestimated and probably more like that 520, so the vspec hopefully is high 50's, I wonder what the increase in peak boost pressure is?

that might tell more than nissan's numbers

The 2009 Nissan GT-R is already a performance phenomenon, getting favorable reviews in comparison tests against cars such as the Porsche 911 Turbo, which costs more than twice the GT-R’s near $70,000 cost of admission. Now, some details on an even faster version of the car, the Spec V, have been leaked, adding to earlier reports.
In a similar vein to the high-performance offerings from Porsche, the GT3 and GT2 included, the Spec V will forego its rear seats, becoming a strict two-seater. It will also lose 200 pounds of weight, now tipping the scales at about 3,615 lbs, according to Road & Track magazine.
The Spec V’s 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 engine also promises to offer a boost in power, but lower than expected, considering the premium buyers will have to pay. With 520 horsepower at 6,500 rpm, the new output represents only a 40-point improvement. Torque is pegged at 440 pound-feet, only a 10 lb-ft increase. Still, the media estimates the engine must put out more than its claimed power thanks to the impressive acceleration numbers the car is capable of producing, and the Spec V’s performance should also belie its specs.
One such performance involves the lap time at Germany’s famous Nurburgring Nordschleife race track, where the Spec V is believed to have set a sub 7-minute, 25-second time, besting Porsche’s lighter and more powerful GT2.
R&T estimates the car will start selling the U.S. early in 2009, with prices in the $130,000 range and even more limited numbers than the standard GT-R. Part of the huge price increase has to do with the car’s pricey carbon ceramic brakes, housed by new six-spoke wheels. Prototypes have been spotted with a revised front splitter, which sports some additional air intake slits, presumably to feed more cooling to the brakes.
Spy photos from earlier this year show the Spec-V will use ultra-thin carbon fiber seats wrapped in a layer of leather, all finished off handsomely with some bright red stitching.
The car will be officially unveiled to the public at the Paris Motor Show this October.

link to original

Camaro371 07-28-2008 08:34 PM

little rich for my blood :dunno:

ultima00 07-28-2008 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Camaro371 (Post 7395)
little rich for my blood :dunno:

Don't give up, maybe they mean $130k including "market adjustment" ;)

In its limited quantity, I'm sure Nissan will have no trouble selling all of it. Though I am highly skeptical of their estimated "early 2009" availability date here in the US. Most manufacturer usually don't introduce a performance version so quick. I do however, like the revised front bumper with the additional inlets quite a bit.

gixxer 07-29-2008 07:52 AM

I think it may be 130K if they use a lot of carbon fibre.

rmatt8748 07-29-2008 04:38 PM

I think it may be 130K if they use a lot of carbon fibre.

and those brakes are very pricey

Camaro371 07-29-2008 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by ultima00 (Post 7397)
Don't give up, maybe they mean $130k including "market adjustment" ;)

In its limited quantity, I'm sure Nissan will have no trouble selling all of it. Though I am highly skeptical of their estimated "early 2009" availability date here in the US. Most manufacturer usually don't introduce a performance version so quick. I do however, like the revised front bumper with the additional inlets quite a bit.

i am with you in hoping that 130k is WITH all the bells and whistles... i mean, thats a good 30k over a ZR1. :smilieth

But if it IS with all the bells and whistles... there beith hope!:D

ultima00 07-29-2008 09:47 PM

Even with all the carbon-fibers, carbon ceramic brakes, etc I don't think its worth justifying over $60,000 over the base unit. $130k and your venturing into the realm of some nice cars....

Cannonball 07-30-2008 08:18 AM

is there any word on a track model?

rmatt8748 07-30-2008 02:44 PM

whether or not it's "worth it" people will pay

its still a bargain to a lot of people

ultima00 07-30-2008 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by rmatt8748 (Post 7423)
whether or not it's "worth it" people will pay

its still a bargain to a lot of people

Like I said before, I have no doubt that Nissan will sell every single one of them. Me personally, I'll be happy with a 'base' GTR + HKS, Amuse, etc goodies on it and if the price of the V-spec is closer to $100,000 I'll definately put my name on the list.

grantg 07-31-2008 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by rmatt8748 (Post 7409)
and those brakes are very pricey

The Corvette ZR-1 included the same carbon-ceramic brakes from the Ferrari Enzo, has lots of exposed carbon fibre in the chassis and makes 620hp for $103k. I think the V-spec's price is way out of proportion...

GTRcHaRgEr 08-03-2008 05:34 PM

I originally heard the v-spec was suppose to be closer to 100K! 130K was more than I expected but we'll see once its released.

ultima00 08-03-2008 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by GTRcHaRgEr (Post 7449)
I originally heard the v-spec was suppose to be closer to 100K! 130K was more than I expected but we'll see once its released.

That's why people should take these reports with a grain of salt. Maybe people were guesstimating it to be around the $100k figure initially due to the ZR-1 pricing.

EXTREME 08-03-2008 09:16 PM

I dont beleive it will be at that price, its just insane to pay $130k...
I will just buy the normal one and put some bolt-ons mods on it and thats it..

dr phyco 08-04-2008 04:43 PM

ugh

people you are complaining about the price its a f**king super ca when thinking of buying one you don't ask can i afford it you ask and i handle the car. now if you can afford it then stop complaining.

EXTREME 08-04-2008 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by dr phyco (Post 7462)
people you are complaining about the price its a f**king super ca when thinking of buying one you don't ask can i afford it you ask and i handle the car. now if you can afford it then stop complaining.

thats not the case, the MSRP of the GTR never been a complain, we are all complain and how dealers are screwing us with the premium they are putting on the car.

Porsche and other cars are also considered super cars, but no such stuiped premiums on it like this.. have you heard of the $45K over MSRP on a second hand!!:smilieth

just my 2 cents

ultima00 08-05-2008 02:05 PM

Autoblog (yeah yeah I know) is reporting:

The word from Japan's BestCar magazine is that Nissan has delayed the launch of the GT-R V-Spec in Japan from this fall to sometime later this year or early 2009. The reason for the delay hasn't been divulged, but as a stop-gap measure, Nissan will be releasing an Evolution or S-Tune version fitted with several of the parts developed by NISMO and fitted on the race-spec version of the GT-R that campaigned in Tokachi 24-hour enduro.

The launch of the Evolution/S-Tune model will coincide with the release of NISMO's line of performance parts, due out later this month, and will include suspension upgrades, new aero parts, wheels and tires, along with a revised ECU and a new exhaust system. Look for an official announcement from Nissan on August 20th.

rmatt8748 08-06-2008 05:16 AM

Nissan delays GT-R Spec V, to offer S-Tune version in the meantime?

From Leftlane:

Today’s unofficial reports see the highly-anticipated Nissan GT-R Spec V delayed from a fall launch in Japan to some time later this year or early in 2009. The reasons for the delay are not known, but are likely a result of more time needed to develop the car, which has big shoes to fill in order to beat the performance of the standard car.
The reports originated from the Japanese BestCar magazine, and also reveal Nissan will launch a third GT-R model to appease buyers in the meantime. The model, likely to carry an S-Tune badge, will be offered with NISMO-developed parts, some of which adorned the racing version of the GT-R that raced in the Tokachi 24-hour endurance race. This model may come sooner than later, as it is expected to make a debut at the same time as the NISMO performance part line-up, slated for August 20.
The go-fast parts will include a selection of suspension upgrades, aerodynamic pieces, wheel and tires and a new ECU and exhaust system to bump up power output.

link to original

dr phyco 08-18-2008 02:49 AM

well still theres my argument but i know they are screwing us its just because they are making so few compaired to how many porsche. and look at the economy that bush royaly ****ed up so that could also be a factor. wait i bet tree huggers would agree this is a factor. GLOBAL WARMING lmfao.:waglleybo

Vitamin_J 08-18-2008 08:44 AM

Save your politics for somewhere else.

dr phyco 08-18-2008 02:13 PM

wow some one is booty tickled. and i was joking. if you didn't know msrp already has the economy position taken in to effect

bonzelite 08-23-2008 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by ultima00 (Post 7414)
Even with all the carbon-fibers, carbon ceramic brakes, etc I don't think its worth justifying over $60,000 over the base unit. $130k and your venturing into the realm of some nice cars....

???

The R35 isn't a "nice car?"

please explain.....

bonzelite 08-23-2008 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by EXTREME (Post 7457)
I dont beleive it will be at that price, its just insane to pay $130k...
I will just buy the normal one and put some bolt-ons mods on it and thats it..

After markups the price will be nearer $180,000. They're only making about 30 of them per month.

ultima00 08-23-2008 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by bonzelite (Post 7599)
???

The R35 isn't a "nice car?"

please explain.....

Maybe I should choose my words a bit more carefully :D The car is absolutely a nice car and at a steal of a price (excluding markups). I'm buying one myself next year if I can get one at a reasonable price.

I'm simply questioning whether the additional upgrades the V-spec will have warrant an additional ~$60,000 based on what we know so far.

bonzelite 08-23-2008 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ultima00 (Post 7607)
Maybe I should choose my words a bit more carefully :D The car is absolutely a nice car and at a steal of a price (excluding markups). I'm buying one myself next year if I can get one at a reasonable price.

I'm simply questioning whether the additional upgrades the V-spec will have warrant an additional ~$60,000 based on what we know so far.

ahhh now I understand what you mean....

however, the Spec V will be the world's fastest production car, with only 30 units per month, if that, being made worldwide.

preliminary unofficial Spec V Nur times are 7:25. That already beats the ZR1's first official time.

At these levels, we are witnessing a true supercar at work. And we will see truly super prices affixed to them.

Rodrigo 10-22-2008 06:09 PM

Please excuse my ignorance but for how long is the R35 GTR (base and other upcoming models) going to be sold for in the U.S.? I'm hoping for a long stretch here lol.

I'm happy with the base model but wouldn't mind paying 'extra' for the 'extraordinary'.

bonzelite 10-22-2008 06:11 PM

it cannot be known, but a gen cycle is often 4 to 5 years.

expect the Spec V to be over $100,000 MSRP, probably closer to $150,000 with dealer markups, eg, nearly Ferrari money.

Rodrigo 10-23-2008 02:30 AM

Thanks bonzelite, so I guess this is the only generation "Skyline" we're going to get... bummer.

bonzelite 10-23-2008 08:26 AM

Well nobody knows as I said. The success of this one will determine availability of the next one. So far in the USDM the GT-R isn't selling much compared to Japan and what has thus far been ordered in Europe.

The car is too weird for most Americans, I think.

Gripp 10-25-2008 09:21 AM

Nissan would sell more units if these greedy dealerships would stop adding $25k or more on the cars. I went to local dealer here in Atlanta area and he was asking $109k!!! So I replied if Nissan will finance that much lets do it. He said no you have to put at least $25k down... I laughed at him and replied maybe because its not truly worth $100k plus. He asked me instantly for credit info... little did the fool know I wasn't planning on making payments.
Hey, I understand supply and demand... but if we car guys/customers refuse to pay it $25k over. Then will it drop in price and more guys who really want to drive the cars would have a chance at getting them. I have gone to 5 dealers near by and they all said we are sold out. Can't order anymore. I haven't driven one yet but was taken for a ride by a friend who has one. Its great really nice car... but something about it still screams BOYRACER? Not the same as driving a GT3 RS or T/Turbo 997, f430 or even a Aston. I still want one to my collection...but once you go into that $100 plus market there are a bunch of other toys that perform as well if not stronger and have amore history. Questions why doesn't Nissan race in ALMS? Win Sunday... buy Monday??? something like that.
Just my thoughts...CHEERS guys.

bonzelite 10-25-2008 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Gripp (Post 8072)
Nissan would sell more units if these greedy dealerships would stop adding $25k or more on the cars. I went to local dealer here in Atlanta area and he was asking $109k!!! So I replied if Nissan will finance that much lets do it. He said no you have to put at least $25k down... I laughed at him and replied maybe because its not truly worth $100k plus. He asked me instantly for credit info... little did the fool know I wasn't planning on making payments.
Hey, I understand supply and demand... but if we car guys/customers refuse to pay it $25k over. Then will it drop in price and more guys who really want to drive the cars would have a chance at getting them. I have gone to 5 dealers near by and they all said we are sold out. Can't order anymore. I haven't driven one yet but was taken for a ride by a friend who has one. Its great really nice car... but something about it still screams BOYRACER? Not the same as driving a GT3 RS or T/Turbo 997, f430 or even a Aston. I still want one to my collection...but once you go into that $100 plus market there are a bunch of other toys that perform as well if not stronger and have amore history. Questions why doesn't Nissan race in ALMS? Win Sunday... buy Monday??? something like that.
Just my thoughts...CHEERS guys.

AWD is not allowed in LeMans were Nissan to enter GT1 or GT2 or any class. I'd expect a homologated R35 (Spec V) to compete in Nur 24hrs for which it was specifically designed for.

Nissan's GT-R has plenty of history; you either appreciate it or you don't. GT-R is a cult car and always has been and still is. This is also why it is not selling in large volume. It appeals only to a narrow range of possible buyers.

Dealer markups happen in nearly every case for a limited production car; doesn't matter what make it is. Doesn't make it good, but that is the reality of the dealer network in the US.

That said, there are deals for MSRP that buyers have reported. You have to do your homework and be patient and often go out of state.

Gripp 10-25-2008 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by bonzelite (Post 8073)
AWD is not allowed in LeMans were Nissan to enter GT1 or GT2 or any class. I'd expect a homologated R35 (Spec V) to compete in Nur 24hrs for which it was specifically designed for.

Nissan's GT-R has plenty of history; you either appreciate it or you don't. GT-R is a cult car and always has been and still is. This is also why it is not selling in large volume. It appeals only to a narrow range of possible buyers.

Dealer markups happen in nearly every case for a limited production car; doesn't matter what make it is. Doesn't make it good, but that is the reality of the dealer network in the US.

That said, there are deals for MSRP that buyers have reported. You have to do your homework and be patient and often go out of state.

Good to know about ALMS... then why not the Z car??
Any leads on where for MSRP? As for cult car your right thats very true but what % of its cult can really afford one? Thats the bummer... thanks for input...if you or anyone has any leadsas to where I can put order in for MSRP drop me a line. I would really appericate it. Maybe once I get one I can report my thoughts on how well it does on the track...:spit: CHEERS

bonzelite 10-25-2008 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Gripp (Post 8074)
Good to know about ALMS... then why not the Z car??

Because NISMO is currently involved, and has been involved, in SuperGT and rally. That requires tremendous expenditure of resources. The tube-frame GT-R currently in SuperGT is RWD with a transaxle.

Any leads on where for MSRP?
You have to search and not let up. Many members of other forums have gotten MSRP deals.

As for cult car your right thats very true but what % of its cult can really afford one?
Your answer is in the question itself. The GT-R old and new has always been the most expensive Nissan ever offered, with the one-time rare exception of I believe the "President" (which was known as the Infiniti M in the USDM).

Thats the bummer... thanks for input...if you or anyone has any leadsas to where I can put order in for MSRP drop me a line. I would really appericate it. Maybe once I get one I can report my thoughts on how well it does on the track...:spit: CHEERS
It will be the reverse condition, probably: you will have to drop lots of lines to dealer networks across the country. It will more than likely not fall in your lap.

Many ebay cars are going for only 5k over, but you can do better if you are willing. If you're not willing to make it a mission to search, you will probably not get what you are looking for and will just continue bemoaning dealer markups. Sheep pay markups. Don't be a sheep.

but cheers, indeed :smilie_th

Gripp 10-25-2008 10:28 AM

U rock I will keep looking..:smilie_th