GTRForums News & Rumors Check this forum for the latest news in the GTR community and rumors about existing and future Skyline GTR models.

"My Car Magazine" GTR Info

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 09:21 AM

Rezz, I would like to say thanks for all of your intel. Now if you can do me a favor and bring the price down abit on the GT-R. Thaanks!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rezz
The upside of all that is now there are 15 years old kids around the world who've never even seen (let alone driven) a GT-R yet they know what one is...
Hehehe, that's not true for me, I personally went to go visit MotoRex...it was so freakin incredible...about five R33's, and 7 R32's, two that were being worked on at the time, one of which had it's entire front end taken off piece by piece....

Sorry, a bit off-topic, but none the less cool for me^^
Old 07-03-2005, 03:08 PM

I cant believe some of the arguments over lineage here. Where do you begin?? The orginal Z-cars had straight sixes in them ( I would go sa far as to say that the RB26 motor was the next gen L28) Only to be scrapped for the VG series motor in '84. Which was then used as a base V6 for a lot of models including the 4x4 trucks. This same engine also made it into the Maximas until the 300zx was discontinued at which time the VQ motors were chosen to power nissan cars. Then you take a Maxima VQ, beef it up and put it in the new Z and Skyline. Where is the problem? Nissan has a history of doing this and it has never proved wrong.

I have been a big fan of Nissan since I was a kid. Follow up on you heritage people if you love Nissan for what they can do. The new GT-R is not the same thing as the monsters of the past, but it will be in the future.

As soon as they are released here in the USA I am getting rid of my Evo. I just hope it is the AWD twin-turbo.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezz
The upside of all that is now there are 15 years old kids around the world who've never even seen (let alone driven) a GT-R yet they know what one is...

Thats not true for me, I'm 17 and knew about the skyline since I was about 13, but the first chance I got to see one in real life in California I took it and even here in Canada, there are two R32 GTR's in my town that I see every wednesday at the car show, and everytime they take off they still leave me in awe.

And for sure I'm gonna use my 00' prelude turbo as a daily driver, and Infiniti GT-R here I come when I get about 23 and done college(4more years of mechanical engineering)