GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R  Community

GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/)
-   GTRForums News & Rumors (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/gtrforums-news-rumors-31/)
-   -   "My Car Magazine" GTR Info (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/gtrforums-news-rumors-31/my-car-magazine-gtr-info-204/)

spt 06-24-2005 12:27 AM

"My Car Magazine" GTR Info

2 Attachment(s)
Source: Rezz and "My Car Magazine"

----------------------------------------------------

SUPER SPORT SCOOP! - We'll see the prototype this autumn, and a January 2007 debut!

The Prototype to be shown at this years Tokyo Motor Show will still in fact be a 'design concept', but don't let that fool you. Development is well underway, and what we see at Tokyo in Autumn should be almost final.

The Next GT-R's base body type is actually a Skyline! We've seen the test-mule being trialled at Nurburgring in Germany which was a rebadged Nissan V35 Coupe (LHD Infinity G35), but actually the whole body will form the base of the next Skyline series 'V36'. This can be interpreted as 'the next Skyline (V36) will be designed around the GT-R underpinings, rather than the GT-R being based on the Skyline...'

Breaking news this time is that the Twin-turbo V6 configuration has had it's capacity increased to 3700cc. With the increased capacity, it further assists low down torque in conjunction with the electric motor assisted twin turbos, creating instant positive boost pressure when throttle is applied, giving a 'linear pick-up engine'. We expect the engine to produce in excess of 380hp, and although far higher figures have been quoted, we expect a conservative figure - in line with previous GT-R outputs from factory.

An 'ATTESA Frame' is the new type of 4WD system being used this time around, incorporating a hybrid drive system: an FR transaxel powering the rear wheels, and combined electric motors for the front wheels, similar to the system used on the Nissan March 'e-4WD', but designed with 'Super Sports' in mind, able to produce much more power and torque with an almost instant reaction time (when wheelspin is detected). This system will not bring shame upon the GT-R name as has been seen in public reation so far. A hybrid 4WD system will take car dynamics to the next level.

The car name will be 'Infinity GT-R'... not 'Skyline'.

Boost 06-24-2005 04:42 PM

Not bad.

Originally Posted by spt
Source: Rezz and "My Car Magazine"

----------------------------------------------------

SUPER SPORT SCOOP! - We'll see the prototype this autumn, and a January 2007 debut!

The Prototype to be shown at this years Tokyo Motor Show will still in fact be a 'design concept', but don't let that fool you. Development is well underway, and what we see at Tokyo in Autumn should be almost final.

The Next GT-R's base body type is actually a Skyline! We've seen the test-mule being trialled at Nurburgring in Germany which was a rebadged Nissan V35 Coupe (LHD Infinity G35), but actually the whole body will form the base of the next Skyline series 'V36'. This can be interpreted as 'the next Skyline (V36) will be designed around the GT-R underpinings, rather than the GT-R being based on the Skyline...'

Breaking news this time is that the Twin-turbo V6 configuration has had it's capacity increased to 3700cc. With the increased capacity, it further assists low down torque in conjunction with the electric motor assisted twin turbos, creating instant positive boost pressure when throttle is applied, giving a 'linear pick-up engine'. We expect the engine to produce in excess of 380hp, and although far higher figures have been quoted, we expect a conservative figure - in line with previous GT-R outputs from factory.

An 'ATTESA Frame' is the new type of 4WD system being used this time around, incorporating a hybrid drive system: an FR transaxel powering the rear wheels, and combined electric motors for the front wheels, similar to the system used on the Nissan March 'e-4WD', but designed with 'Super Sports' in mind, able to produce much more power and torque with an almost instant reaction time (when wheelspin is detected). This system will not bring shame upon the GT-R name as has been seen in public reation so far. A hybrid 4WD system will take car dynamics to the next level.

The car name will be 'Infinity GT-R'... not 'Skyline'.

Godzilla 06-24-2005 04:51 PM

3.7 v6 huh...

celm 06-24-2005 05:10 PM

junk

Red Racer 06-24-2005 09:28 PM

Okay, if Nissan's gonna re-release the Skyline, then they need to actually KEEP the Skyline part. Otherwise, they're just souping up the V35 and calling it the V36. And what the heck are they thinking in not using the RB26? IMO, a Skyline isn't a Skyline without the RB26DET rumbling under the hood...(PS, I'm not sure, but if the reason why the GT-R never made it overseas was because of the RB26 specifically, then my bad...)

talalhz 06-24-2005 10:20 PM

380hp ! !
What happened to the 280 JDM limit !
Is that ban going to be lifted any time soon ?
www.JDM-Spec.com

moleman 06-24-2005 10:31 PM

The 280ps limit has been lifted already.

Ghost Tech Rider 06-24-2005 10:46 PM

Oh Snap!!:mad:

If it isn't called a "Skyline", then it's not a Skyline. It may be some sort of "GTR", but it won't be a Skyline.....

Rezz 06-24-2005 11:51 PM

Hello guys :)

I'm Rezz, the authour of the translation above.

I've lived in Japan for the last 5 years, and as the Administrators of this site can attest, I've done more than my fair share of research on the next GT-R while 'in the thick of it' so to speak here in Osaka.

Just a few points I want to clear up:

- The 280ps (206kw/276hp) limit agreed upon by Japanese manufacturers was 'lifted' (read: not heeded anymore) back in the late '90s... although manufacturers *still* insist on giving an estimated output of 280ps *on paper* and *on the internet*. It's long been known that Toyota Supra, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 6 - 9, Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 - 34 etc have ALL been sold with greater than 280ps... some as high as 340 - 350ps.

- The RB26DETT is a dinosaur. Development of the original RB20E (the basis of the RB line of engines) started back in 1979! It's original release was in the 1985(!) R31 Skyline GT Excel... some 20 years ago. Yes, the RB26DETT was designed to win the Group A Touring Car Championship - of which it did resoundingly in Japan and Australia - but the fact of the matter is that it's well past it's development cycle *and had to be scrapped for a 21st century design*. The Next GT-R will take RB26DETT levels of performance and IMPROVE on it. Just because it's not a straight 6 doesn't mean it's bad for a GT-R. But yes, I do agree with some opinions that the straight 6 is what made the GT-R what it is.

- Nissan dropping the Skyline link is good. What this means is that the next V36 Skyline range will *borrow heavily from the GT-R*, instead of the other way around. This can only be a good thing for future Skylines/Infiniti G35's don't you think?

I also just wanna thank SPT and Dave for all their support here and on other forums :) I sometimes forget about the US Skyline/GT-R enthusiasts (hence this being my first post here).

PSM 06-25-2005 05:57 AM

Anyone have any additional info on the electric motor assisted twin turbos?