GTRForums News & Rumors Check this forum for the latest news in the GTR community and rumors about existing and future Skyline GTR models.

GTR Pricing and Trim Levels Released...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by HellBent
I say B.S...

No car company introduces such a huge spread of models the first year. No way, no how.

It would be marketing suicide. Any first year marketing student will tell you, that they will introduce a base model the first year that will hopefully be a new performance benchmark and technological "tour de force" at their price point. Then as the bugs are worked out and intrest fades slightly they will add a performance or trim level to increase interest again in the second or third model year.

Then possibly in the third or fourth model year they introduce a new "halo" version, to boost sagging sales and waning interest. It could come sooner if there is a new competitor that emerges, although not likely.

For good examples, see the Corvette and ZO6 or Mustang and Cobra examples.

-AL
Nissan has a habit of doing that. remember the new Z car? It had three variants all due to performance parts. The price difference was not as great but there were three variants. I do like the price though. Maybe the "Evolution" variant is a Nismo tune given its large price difference. 30k is a lot of carbon fiber and the cost for CF is much lower now.

Last edited by ghotnit; 04-12-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:16 AM
GTRForums Staff

I'll just say I would be shocked if any variant showed up in the US for around 60k
Old 04-13-2007, 08:44 AM
GTR Member

we can sit here and debate/argue about stuff we have no idea about till we are blue in the face. The fact is, we don't really "know" SH**! Nissan is keeping it all under wraps till it is released. So we can anticipate what we want. Hope for whatever we can. But in the end, we just have to wait and see.....
Old 04-13-2007, 12:23 PM
GTR Member

Except for maybe the price, no one here ought to feel for a second that they are going to be let down or disappointed with the introduction of the GT-R, you will see. Like I said, they would have released it a long time ago if they were in a hurry to fill a niche or price range--this obviously is not the case.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by 02HREBlue
The Evo is a MUCH cheaper and more widely available car. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if there is more than one model the first year, especially with its extremely low production numbers anticipated. I just don't see it happening at all! It would not be an appropriate introduction in my mind-it would dilute the car and confuse people from the start.

Its going to bring more horsepower than you are stating simply because there soon will be quite a few sports cars with 500 horsepower including such common cars as the Mustang! The new Vette(base will be 450+ hp and the SS/Blue Devel 600-700!)is going to smoke, so Nissan better bring the bacon. I am confident they are holding their cards close to the vest, and that we will not be disappointed when it is introduced at the next Tokyo Autoshow. They have not waited 5+years with such secrecy to take second fiddle. They are waiting so they can better size up the competition and trump it outright.

By the way, I was reading that the new M3 V-8 will be lighter than the previous generation M3 inline 6! I still think it will be a larger displacement V-6(4+Liter) or even a V-8(4.5L), since the extra displacement gives outstanding torque characteristics without peak or excessive boost, which makes for outstanding drivability and wider tunability. V-8's are more compact than the inline 6, and with all the exotic materials such as mag and aluminum alloys, I think it is a great possibility.

M3 official specs are out: its 70lbs heavier than the e46, 3480lbs. the engine is 4L v8, 414 sae hp @8300, 295 lb/ft torque. redline is 8400.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:15 AM
GTR Member

I said the V-8 ENGINE is lighter than the previous six. No where did I say the car would be lighter, since it is not. It is a bigger car than previous, as is my current 335i.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:55 PM

Talking Hello All!

What's up guys? I am new to this website! I love the look of the new GT-R and the anticipation is killing me. I am down for some DSG-type transmission action here in OC, SoCal! I hope that there is not a spread of $50k, cause I won't settle for a lesser model...I'll then have to invest $30k on stupid CF upgrades (and I agree...that's a sh*tload of CF!)...and at 100k+...can you say Audi R8 sexiness?

Yea, I definitely don't see this happening! I concur--bad marketing if indeed. I do have a feeling Nissan has a HUGE surprise up their sleeve! Fall's Tokyo show can't come any slower!

Viva La GT-R!!!!!!!! It is super sexy. Did you see those tailpipes in the spyshots!? Oh wait...I was supposed end it at Viva La GT-R!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2007, 05:31 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by ghotnit
Nissan has a habit of doing that. remember the new Z car? It had three variants all due to performance parts. The price difference was not as great but there were three variants. I do like the price though. Maybe the "Evolution" variant is a Nismo tune given its large price difference. 30k is a lot of carbon fiber and the cost for CF is much lower now.
Not quite what I was talking about.

I was comparing Mustand and Cobra, or Corvette and Zo6.

What you are saying is Mustang, Mustang GT, Mustang Mach1, etc...

The different versions of the Z are merely window dressing. What was suggested by the article is significantly evolved cars that command significantly different pricepoints. That would put these is different niche markets. I don't see Nissan doing that the first year. Unless of course it is a Japanese market only ploy...

-AL
Old 06-08-2007, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by HellBent
Not quite what I was talking about.

I was comparing Mustand and Cobra, or Corvette and Zo6.

What you are saying is Mustang, Mustang GT, Mustang Mach1, etc...

The different versions of the Z are merely window dressing. What was suggested by the article is significantly evolved cars that command significantly different pricepoints. That would put these is different niche markets. I don't see Nissan doing that the first year. Unless of course it is a Japanese market only ploy...

-AL
Ok, I was talking about the Base, Touring and Track versions of the 350z. The Track version had all the performance goodies like brakes and supension. Since this is all conjecture and we have no idea what the future holds (if anyone can tell the future, tell me the lottery numbers) we will have to wait and see.

Last edited by ghotnit; 06-08-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:02 PM

i bet they will ofer the base and the vspec model right away

Quick Reply: GTR Pricing and Trim Levels Released...