GTRForums News & Rumors Check this forum for the latest news in the GTR community and rumors about existing and future Skyline GTR models.

actual spy shots of the 2008 GTR

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 03:38 PM
GTR Member

yea, thats the GTR proto video.... its nice
Old 12-14-2006, 03:40 PM
GTR Member

OKAY, I cant make a new topic either... so...

PRICE.... Ive been hearing 70k, but now Car and Driver article has $80k and over 500hp... getting out of hand? not the HP, just the price....
Old 12-20-2006, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by shahulx
OKAY, I cant make a new topic either... so...

PRICE.... Ive been hearing 70k, but now Car and Driver article has $80k and over 500hp... getting out of hand? not the HP, just the price....
I just called a dealer and talked to an arrogant salesperson. He said there will be a stiff markup over MSRP, like $30k over.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:16 PM
GTR Member

I placed a deposit yesterday ... MSRP, no add-on accessories or mark-ups

Im 2nd in line

-Shahul
Old 12-22-2006, 06:54 PM
GTR Member

The day I heard Ghosn announce, I called a dealer friend of mine and locked up the GT-R for MSRP. Guarenteed in writing. He has both the Nissan and the Infinity dealer, so I was lucky. He nor anyone else at the dealer knew what it was before the announcement, nor really much about the car after the announcement. This is a true enthusiasts tuner car, and most people don't even know the history or the significance of the car. It will be WELL worth the wait. The hype has not yet begun with the general public.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:53 AM
GTR Member

Don't want to be a wet blanket on this parade, but car dealers are not known for missing opportunities to make money. If you are seriously interested in being the first few to purchase a new GTR be prepared for a lot of B.S. from the sales people.

Check out what happened with the C6 Corvette ZO6 on corvette forums. Unless you have an actual contract for ordering a car from Nissan you really don't have anything. Even then, there is no gaurantee that your dealer will get an allotment, or that it won't be auctioned to someone with a thicker wallet.

Even a sales contract only means you have agreed on a price. Until you get an allotment number, build number, delivery date, or whatever Nissan calls it, only the price is certain. Normally those who are willing to pay the delear premiums get delivery first. Such is capitalism...

-AL
Old 01-07-2007, 07:39 PM
GTR Member

You are not a wet blanket. My dealer is a friend, neighbor, and long time general manager of the dealership. I have a written contract that it is at MSRP, I am allotment number uno, and is the largest dealer in my state so it is assuredly a deal. I buy MANY cars and they would not do such. I do understand your doubtful nature because other so called reputable dealers have pulled such BS with me, but you simply don't do business with them, and they suffer poor public relations for jacking CONTINUING customers around, especially if you work, as I do, with a majority of their better high end customers.

I had calculated this event for several years now, so I am not new to the game. I was also number one on the list for a C6 Z06 at the largest dealer in the midwest from which I bought my Corvette. You just have to have an "in" with a reputable dealer, keep in constant contact, otherwise you will be subjected to such games. If you are willing to put a nonrefundable small deposit, or earnest money, on a car far from production, not well known or unknown to the public and probably a majority of unknowing salesman as is often the case, before the hype ever has a chance to get started, you will be successful if you plan ahead and do your homework. What could be better for a dealership than selling a car at MSRP before you even know you are going to make it? If you are late to the dance, as in life, you lose.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:40 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 02HREBlue
If you are willing to put a nonrefundable small deposit, or earnest money, on a car far from production, not well known or unknown to the public and probably a majority of unknowing salesman as is often the case, before the hype ever has a chance to get started, you will be successful if you plan ahead and do your homework. What could be better for a dealership than selling a car at MSRP before you even know you are going to make it? If you are late to the dance, as in life, you lose.

If you check out the early posts from 2006 you will in fact see that this very scenario played out several times. Hopefully your dealer is as good as you say. However, when it comes to substantial profits human beings will do the darndest things...

What could be better for a dealership than selling a car at MSRP before you even know you are going to make it?
Perhaps selling it for $10,000 or more over MSRP at the last minute to someone willing to pay more.

Once again just check out corvetteforum and read how this scenarion played out far too many times...

The only sure sign that you are in fact #1 on the list is to see your dealers allocation. If your sales contract has the allocation number of the first car they will recieve then you have something. If not you merely have a piece of paper and they have your money.

-AL
Old 02-06-2007, 10:55 PM

Intresting that they mention it will have a 7 speed gear box, makes you think that it will be offered in something other than manual since i've seen more 7 speeds in DSGs, getrags, and Benz Autos than in manuals.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:00 PM

The day I heard Ghosn announce, I called a dealer friend of mine and locked up the GT-R for MSRP. Guarenteed in writing. He has both the Nissan and the Infinity dealer, so I was lucky. He nor anyone else at the dealer knew what it was before the announcement, nor really much about the car after the announcement. This is a true enthusiasts tuner car, and most people don't even know the history or the significance of the car. It will be WELL worth the wait. The hype has not yet begun with the general public.
If you don't mind me asking, what was the MSRP that they quoted you?