GTR How Tos | Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how to, ask in here.

Custom Instrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 09:30 AM
GTRForums Guru

Custom Instrument Cluster

I am in the process of installing a custom Autometer gauge cluster. Pics are worth a 1000 words, so here goes.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Instrument Cluster-c2-tach-install.jpg   Custom Instrument Cluster-damn-gotta-start-over.jpg   Custom Instrument Cluster-c2-starting-over.jpg   Custom Instrument Cluster-c2-drawing-outline.jpg   Custom Instrument Cluster-c2-fine-tuning-fit.jpg  

Old 07-04-2005, 09:45 AM
GTRForums Guru

It is a lot more labor intensive than most people think. If it wasn't, a lot more people would do it, right.

The number 2 pic, you can see on the top plate, the hole saw caught the metal, and wrinkled it, so I had to make another one. The second one was a lot easier, since most of the shaving had been accomplished on the first on to get it to fit.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Instrument Cluster-c2-markings-shaving-material.jpg   Custom Instrument Cluster-c2-number-2.jpg   Custom Instrument Cluster-c2-template-stock-cluster.jpg   Custom Instrument Cluster-c2-marked-ready-more-grinding.jpg   Custom Instrument Cluster-c2-turn-signal-griding.jpg  

Old 07-04-2005, 09:51 AM
GTRForums Guru

Getting there, still have a few more things to do.

Any comments, or ideas?
Attached Thumbnails Custom Instrument Cluster-c2-quick-look.jpg   Custom Instrument Cluster-c2-still-work.jpg  
Old 07-04-2005, 09:10 PM
GTR Member

looks good. You still planning on doing a motor swap? I would love to be kept up to dat. Nad if you need any parts feel free to ask. I have a Garage behind my house full of random parts, and cars.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:12 PM
GTRForums Guru

Thanks Crash,

Yep, this will be going in the Turbocharged V8 GTR. I figure what the hell, go ahead and bastardise the whole thing, but what I have planned it will be a pretty cool build. My only problem is I do all my own work, so it take me forever to get everything done; body work, paint, trans, engine, wiring, plumbing, welding, stereo, etc.

Give me your e-mail address and I will send you pics. I am documenting the whole build, so I am keeping a lot of the stuff I am doing to myself for the time being. I really want to open my own site, with this build being the main theme for the site, but that is another issue.

Cheers,
Tony
Old 06-03-2006, 06:58 AM
GTRForums Guru

Originally Posted by Crash Gordon
looks good. You still planning on doing a motor swap? I would love to be kept up to dat. Nad if you need any parts feel free to ask. I have a Garage behind my house full of random parts, and cars.
Crash,

Do you have any 351w motor mounts by chance?
Old 06-10-2006, 04:54 PM
GTR Member

Tony,

Looks like fun!

Just a thought... there are companies that will either laser cut or "waterjet" cut an aluminum panel from a template for a reasonable price. Then you could anodize it or powder coat if you desire.

I've seen some georgous work on some of the kit car sites like the 'FFRforums'.

Looks good though!

-AL
Old 06-10-2006, 10:11 PM
GTRForums Guru

Originally Posted by HellBent
Tony,

Looks like fun!

Just a thought... there are companies that will either laser cut or "waterjet" cut an aluminum panel from a template for a reasonable price. Then you could anodize it or powder coat if you desire.

I've seen some georgous work on some of the kit car sites like the 'FFRforums'.

Looks good though!

-AL
Yep, they sure do, but then I could not say hand made

I'll have to check out FFRforums.

Right now, I do not have a real paint scheme. I know I want the car silver, blue, and red pearl.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:32 AM
AHI

Wow... a lot of work... any pics of the car as it sits right now?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:41 PM
GTRForums Guru

I was sent on a couple of remotes, so work has stopped on the car. I will be back working on it this summer, and will post once I get rollin again.