General General forums for the GTR community.

Why Nissan's use of "Ringer Cars" will hurt the GTR

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Banned

Why Nissan's use of "Ringer Cars" will hurt the GTR

Yes when Nissan sent out their ringer cars the GTR created all kinds of hype, and buzz, making the car seem as if it was unreal, too good to be true. which is how they got themselves into trouble.

If you dont already know, a 'Ringer car' is a Car provided by the manufacture to be tested which has increased levels of HP or other upgrades which the production cars will not recive. It is a common practice for Brands to create test mules of increased performance to up the hype surrounding their cars, only to return to the production plans for the real thing.

Nissan's "Ringer" GTR ran a 0-60 in 3.2 and it ran the Ring' in 7:29 as it was tested by over a dozen car mags which all drooled over it's performance.

I quote MotorTrend who did a dyno test on a pre-pro GTR when i say "Is Nissan Lieing about its Power? Pretty much." And durring this Dyno MT determined the car made a little over 570hp, a huge jump from the production making almost 480.

Your not stupid, you can connect the dots yourself without my explaining anymore . its a common practice but Nissan will suffer from getting greedy and going overboard with it.

Unfourtuantly, the time has come for the production cars to be released, which means Nissan will have to wheel out the disabled younger brothers of its famed "godzilla" to be sold.

This is a common practice with car companies, nothing new, HOWEVER Nissan didnt do themselves any favors by giving the Ringer car an extra 100hp. They would have been much better off giving it a more subtle 50hp like most cars. However, they wanted to make ripples in the pond. and They got their ripples. Unfourtunatly for them, it may come back to bite them as all the production models show such a HUGE gap in performance where people start asking questions.

Car and Driver recently tested a production car, finding their results to be... Alarming.

The GTR dropped almost a full second to 0-60 in 4.1 and its straight line performance was poor in comparison to the earlier pre-pro models. Car and Driver went on to say "this was the... Poorest performing GTR model we have yet tested"

The GTR (like most of you will soon remind me) still won the comparison test against the porsche, Vette, and Viper. Regardless of the fact that it was the slowest, weakest, and heaviest out of all the competators. It won based on nothing but its track performance and how easy it was to drive.

Now the GTR is still a great car, capable of running with all of the prementioned cars which puts it in an elite group. But if you are one of the few who actually buys this car, dont expect "Godzilla like" performance. But hey, dont take my word for it, go drop 70k on the car and run some tests. You'll see how honest Nissan was.

Last edited by congoman775; 07-10-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:01 PM

Ringer cars should be illegal and false advertising.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:59 PM
GTR Member

Hey Douche.. Here , Just for you

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yDoJdQXmwu8

Owned by someone in Japan who bought it from the Dealer.. Check out the numbers k ***?
Old 07-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Banned

Your an Idiot.

You really are, an Idiot.

That is a RINGER CAR.

This wasnt even posted till December of LAST YEAR.

Good intentions, but be careful, dont give the people hope, its cruel.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:39 PM
GTR Member

YOU'RE A ****EN MORON.. THere Are Hundreds of 08 Cars Sold in Japan. The 08 GTRs are all over Japan .. Are you some kind of retarD?

SO all the 08 GTR's are Ringers? rofl?

you're a moron
Old 07-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Banned

The cars released in Japan are RINGERS. you Fknig Idiot.

ill tell you what. you go ahead, and save your money for the next 12 years so you can afford the car. then go do some test runs on it.

my guess is

A. you'll NEVER be able to afford it.

and

B. you'll NEVER post a video of you doing tests on it because ud be so embarrassed that you cant drive worth of **** and the car isnt half as great as the hype.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:09 AM
GTR Member

Rofl tell you what... in about 2 weeks when i get my car for MSRP.. I will take some pictures of the Paperwork for you with a wet middle finger With Congo Written on it...

That way you can know Your mom came to pick me up in your families private Jet, while i fingered her on the trip to the dealership i ordered my car from

You kid are really pathetic let me tell you that.. Your think your some big shot who with no Job and using daddies money as an allowance and telling people here on the forums we wont get our cars .. ROFL

I think the fact I am going from a Evolution to a GTR is more acceptable then some douche bag who claims he has 12 houses 8 cars and a private Jet ( who happens to drive a Civic).

When i get my GTR in 2 weeks why dont you have your family put your Vette in a Jet and bring it down here to Race me so you can see for yourself huh? Unless your too busy at your Get away House in London that is..

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=7407462

Just so you can see my Videos of my Evo.. THAT WAY! you can know what to expect from my GTR

Last edited by basicallyevolve; 07-11-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned

paper work? lets see a test on video. apparently the GTR is supposed to be so easy to drive, even YOU could pull of a 0-60 under 6 seconds.

ill ignore the "im jealous because i didnt go to college!!!!" comments, im used to them anyways. People with money tend to be the butt of your people's jokes.

but go ahead and give me a call when your out of the *** state. ill race you in a Z06. the GTR is supposed to beat that one right?
Old 07-11-2008, 03:39 PM
GTR Member

whats there to be jealous of? im 22 and yes i didnt go to college... thats fine by me... Again i have my own business making about 14 grand a month... what do you have? your daddies walleT?
Old 07-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Banned

why didnt you go to college?

too stupid?

or just too poor?

Quick Reply: Why Nissan's use of "Ringer Cars" will hurt the GTR