General General forums for the GTR community.

Skyline Imports

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 01:53 PM
GTR Member

do you mean what kind of fuel? as in gasoline? the skyline takes vegatable oil, you can park in back of a macdonalds and just ask them for it.

btw im just kidding. it's pretty much your everyday overpowered car that runs off gasoline...octane 91 is preferable.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:17 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by skyen
what kind of fuild goes in it?
If your talking about the trans the any quality AT fluid will work but I personaly use shock proff heavy, It helps with the 3rd gear problem.

If your talking about the front diff then 75w90 gear oil.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:22 PM

Thumbs up Nine Second Racing

9 second racing is a RI
Old 08-03-2006, 04:41 AM

well guys i feel sorry for you lot over in america who are wanting a skyline it must be dam fustrating over here if the imported car is 10 years old or more then the car just requires an M.O.T if the car is yonger than 10years then it requires an S.V.A test which is more strindgent than the M.O.T.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:57 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by kayoten2000
9 second racing is a RI

Yes they are. But being an RI doesn't mean you can make a car street legal by DOT and EPA standards. That is a whole 'nother ball game and set of rules. Being an RI only means that you can legally import the car into the US. That's it. It does not mean that the car that they bring in is going to be street legal.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:32 PM

Oh cool. It does not matter to me. I'm Air force, I go to Yakota AFB Aug.28. Just pass info
Old 08-03-2006, 02:56 PM
GTR Senior Member

to recap, only MotoRex legalized GTRs can be street-driven.

post-MotoRex fraud --all GTRs are banned from ever being street legal.

R32s are only able to be imported as a rolling chassis
R33s can be imported as complete cars
R34s are banned; cannot be imported

all GTRs, R32, R33, R34 are illegal for street use. they can be track-only cars.

period.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:33 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by bonzelite
to recap, only MotoRex legalized GTRs can be street-driven.

post-MotoRex fraud --all GTRs are banned from ever being street legal.

R32s are only able to be imported as a rolling chassis
R33s can be imported as complete cars
R34s are banned; cannot be imported

all GTRs, R32, R33, R34 are illegal for street use. they can be track-only cars.

period.
Not entirely correct:

R33 (Only limited years of R33s can be imported by an RI. Although there are no RIs who are currently able to conform them.)

R32s and R33s - They are not banned, merely no one has convinced the NHTSA that they can be made to conform with FMVSS.

** any vehicle can be brought in as parts (i.e. "rolling chasis" with no engine) however, to do so with the intention of reassembling into a motor vehicle violates Federal Codes and environmental laws (see NHTSA and EPA websites). The "kit car" method is a scam for dodging the law and completely illegal.

-AL
Old 08-07-2006, 10:21 PM
GTR Senior Member

R34 cannot be brought in as rolling chassis. or as complete car. that car is banned. no rolling chassis. try to bring one over and tell me what happens to you.

R33: nobody ever said they were banned. they can be imported as complete cars as stated. the year range stipulation for complete car i've never heard of, but i'll take your word for it. otherwise, it can be brought over as chassis, as you say.

R32: banned. cannot be brought in as a complete car. only as rolling chassis. this implies the car cannot be assembled once here legally. it can be reassembled and taken to a track only, never to touch the public road or be registered.

for example, if i have an R32 GTR and somehow i show up to a track with the car on a trailer, nobody willl care how it came to be this way --salvage, kit, flotsom, jetsam-- i will pay the fee for the day and do laps. nobody will care. i will then put the car back onto the trailer. and go home. many track-day cars are street-illegal, and they run them without any legal issues. technically, the process of reassembling the GTR is federally illegal. yet can be "legally" done on a state level. nonetheless, the process is ultimately illegal. keep the car on the track only.

to attempt to drive this "kit" on the open road is federally illegal, and a cop WILL pull you over.

as stated beforehand, none of the cars can be "legalized." people who think any of the R-series GTRs can be presently "legalized" on American roads are living in a fantasy world.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:00 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by bonzelite
R33: nobody ever said they were banned. they can be imported as complete cars as stated. the year range stipulation for complete car i've never heard of, but i'll take your word for it. otherwise, it can be brought over as chassis, as you say.

Here's the link for refferance on the 33 stipulation

http://www.nhtsa.com/cars/rules/impo...%20Impor-16426

NHTSA has determined that the R33 Model Nissan GTS and GTR ("Skyline") passenger cars manufactured between January 1, 1996 and June 30, 1998 are eligible for importation

Quick Reply: Skyline Imports