General General forums for the GTR community.

Skyline Imports

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 07:12 AM

so basically anybody that I see driving their skyline on the street is illegal?

I swear I see a skyline driving on the street at least 2 times a month...just in the past 3 weeks i have seen like 3 different R33's and 1 R32?

How the hell are these guys driving their cars on the street?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:53 AM
GTR Senior Member

Not every Skyline is illegal, ones brought in by MotoRex are still considered Federaly legal.

There getting away with it because no one checks the paperwork. The cops and Dot aren't really enforcing the law. In Cali they do there quick to pull out the DOT book and carb book.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:22 AM

ok so what about the guys that didnt get their car from Motorex?

and for for those people that posted on here claiming they have dot paper work and their cars are 100% legal did u get you car from Motorex or from somewhere else?
Old 07-24-2006, 03:27 PM
GTR Member

hey i live in good ol cali. what if i somehow (heehee) bring over an R33 and somehow get all the conversions and stuff for it, then if i drive it around will they check up on me?
Old 07-24-2006, 05:29 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by sexonwheels
ok so what about the guys that didnt get their car from Motorex?

and for for those people that posted on here claiming they have dot paper work and their cars are 100% legal did u get you car from Motorex or from somewhere else?
I got mine for MotoRex.

DOT is only part off the puzzle there's still the EPA 1 more I forget at the moment.

MotoRex was able to legalize them on a federal level other companys that are bringing them in are only getting them by on a city and state level. There still violating a feder law to do it so thus the car is still illegal.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:24 PM
GTR Senior Member

again, to all of you noobs:

FORGET IT.

you ain't gonna drive no damn GTR legally on the road anymore. there is no loophole for post-MotoRex "legalizing." so just deal with it. forget it. come off it. get a CLUE.

get a LIFE.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:20 PM
GTR Member

hey bonze howbout buying a Moto-Rex legalized (before) GT-R from someone?
Old 07-25-2006, 02:15 PM
GTR Senior Member

i already have an R32GTR --in pieces in my garage. non-legal for street-- imported independently as a rolling chassis. this is the only way currently to do it without finding a MotoRex legalized one. and those go for over $40k for an R32.

i did think about buying a US legal one, but i don't have $40K cash laying around.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:11 AM

hi guys, im new here, but i have also contacted this so called importer. Ive asked them why they arent on the list and they just dont reply back, or just say something like, " We can bring skylines to the US". thats it, ive also tried calling them, but it seems like its just some guy's cell phone, which he never answers, ive seen tons of scammy importers over the years, this one seems no different.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:49 PM

help with transfer case oil?

what kind of fuild goes in it?

Quick Reply: Skyline Imports