General General forums for the GTR community.

Regular Corvette will spank a GT-R frm roll

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 11:30 PM
GTR Senior Member

Lauching a AWD is alway easy like eating breakfast.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:48 AM

For anyone interested here is what R&T was able to get out of it. Yes in real life the Z06 will beat it in a drag from any punch, but there is more to a GTR, you are buying the whole package. As of right now there are not to many cars that can run around the track like the GTR. It was able to out run both the 911 and z06 by 5 seconds. so if you are planning on just drag racing it on the street, track whatever, then yes go with the Vette, but if you want a true track car go with the GTR. I don't think you can go wrong buying one or the other.
Attached Thumbnails Regular Corvette will spank a GT-R frm roll-specs.jpg  
Old 04-13-2008, 12:52 AM

Let's see about the GT-R spanking the Z06. Certainly the type of track the cars are driven on will have something to do with it.

Let's see what the production cars perform and if they're the same as the pre-production cars Nissan has been driving and letting the car mags drive.

Until the production cars are out it's all speculation based on pre-production cars.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:19 AM

Another large factor that should not be forgotten is driver capability. I would say that only 25% of Z06 owners can truely achieve the numbers that test drivers are capable of. The GT-R w/launch mode and awd ensures that you get the best numbers easily every time.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:25 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by steve wilson
Case and point=the GTR outperforms the "45 k dollar vette" as you say in every way I want it to...on paper, and more importantly on the track. The vette is a nice car, but the GTR is kickin butt in supercar territory and is taking names. Ever heard of the nurburg ring? Yeah...not even close my friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ahhh Sir Winkie.....

I'm only poining out facrs Facts that can be checked like you said on paper!

The only way the Gtr can even keep up with a fast cars is smoke and Mirrors! You should know this as I like you drive a Sti. With are cars we can actually beat a FAST car for a brief time because of or awd and a driveline life threatening launch, only to have the FAST car blow by us after launching!

What are gonna tell the Gtr driver who gets his *** handed to him raceing one of these super car he supposedly can smoke on the street? What are you gonna say when regular Vettes, Vipers and even the Surprise Surprise Sheby Mustangs Pulls away from your Hyped Gtr because of the horsepower to weight ratio?..The Sheby GT 500 Actually has a better horsepower to weight ratio than thr GTr!

Don't hate me because I pont out Facts!

I actually was looking foward to the GTr! I was dissapointed for 4 reasons 1 The car not living up to hype, 2. the Low Horsepower 3 the UNEXCUSABLE weight and forth the price almost $80,000-90,000 after markup, heck I'd rather mod my Sti!
I realize that AWD cars have a major advantage from a launch...like you said, I know this because I have an STi. But what you seem to be focusing on is "racing from a roll" on the streets, which personally I think is a waste of time. Street races are rarely fair (too improperly completed) and are obviosuly illegal (which many people don't care about). However, for me I don't have AWD so I can enjoy the Sheryl Crow song "everyday is a winding road" on a subaru commercial...I have AWD to spank launches, and have awesome exit speeds on the track. And when I say track, I mean a real track not just the quarter mile. If I wanted a dragster I would go get a mean RWD camaro or mustang, beef up the tranny and tires, etc. Then I could eat a lot of cars "from a roll". But what I like about the GTR is it's all around capability. Nearly everyone that has driven and reviewed the GTR has mentioned that it's phenominal in almost every aspect. But if you want to point out the weakest aspect of the car (which still isn't very weak) then it would be "a race from a roll". Boo hoo. I won't ever use it to race from a roll anyways...I hope you like the tail lights on the GTR because that's all you'd ever see on the track in a vette.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:26 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by solsearch
Lauching a AWD is alway easy like eating breakfast.
Have you ever launched an AWD car? If not, I want to see you go launch an AWD car without launch control...not as easy as it looks when watching someone that knows what they're doing. Launch control does make it simple though. It's nothing like launching a nice RWD car...there's a lot more punishment if you're not refined in launching.

Last edited by winkie; 04-13-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:51 AM

Clarification

In

Last edited by Phoenix; 05-03-2008 at 03:06 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:53 AM
GTR Senior Member

I'll wait for that real world test and see
Old 04-13-2008, 10:59 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by Phoenix

The original posted statement was geared to a 'regular corvette', so it is really a ridiculous statement to make and clearly suggests trolling.
Agreed.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:46 PM

Which car is faster is a completely moot point until production version are here and tested. To bench race non-existent cars is pretty silly. Further street racing from a roll is not only illegal but stupid beyond reason. I'm going to wager a guess and say that the OP is in his teens or early twenties at best.

If you'd like to read a very comprehensive review of the GT-R, pickup the current EVO magazine. They compare it against the Z06 for straight line speed; the R8 for daily livability and against the GT3 for all out track performance. Guess which car wins? OP: if you love the vette so much, why are you here instead of preaching to the choir over on the Vette forums?

Quick Reply: Regular Corvette will spank a GT-R frm roll